This Is The Album You've Been Waiting For deserves your money

SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
edited July 2012 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff24UiUuuW4

Thanks to SuperLowlander for the video :D

It's like a Tenacious D song sung in a British accent and handed off to the pianist from Jukebox the Ghost.

Only a dollar, fun on everything and just an awesome song.

If this doesn't end up on the RBN Highlights....

Comments

• TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I gotta say, he's pretty hilarious. I saw him on the Nostalgia Critic's Moulin Rogue crossover review a few months ago and looked him up. I really love these vids from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl5wZwgSHZg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-EP-0xEDQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coglCRr77aA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6HoCvB5478

And THIS is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY

If only he didn't mostly do covers, I'd totally buy more of his stuff!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4771335 said:
    If only he didn't mostly do covers, I'd totally buy more of his stuff!

Yeah, I literally just now checked his Bandcamp and it's just a bunch of video game songs with lyrics.

It's nice that he's not just simply dubbing over the original tracks, but I would love to hear him put out an all original-album.

And I didn't know he did that Dr. Mario song. Heard that before. Awesome :)
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4771343 said:
    Yeah, I literally just now checked his Bandcamp and it's just a bunch of video game songs with lyrics.

It's nice that he's not just simply dubbing over the original tracks, but I would love to hear him put out an all original-album.

Yeah, the effort he puts into these songs are amazing!
  • NeilDiamond1974NeilDiamond1974 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    That's a good track. He's got some potential. In addition to the influences you noted, it also has a Rocky Horror era feel to it.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I've been watching Brentalfloss since 2010. It makes me so happy that he's finally on the game. We need his "With Lyrics" material. Too bad I can't buy this though since I'm a Wii user. :(

Also I really hope someone makes that full band video soon.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4771327 said:
    Thanks to SuperLowlander for the video :D
    No problem!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    The expert basic keys chart looks like it's riddled with bad charting decisions.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    That's why you need to upgrade to Pro like the rest of us.
  • edited June 2012
    Seriously who plays basic keys?

:p
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4772371 said:

I'm still taking my baby steps to Pro Keys. Once I completely master regular keys, then it's Pro Keys time.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Actually quite a few more than play pro keys, according to the leaderboards.
    atalkingfish;4772360 said:
    The expert basic keys chart looks like it's riddled with bad charting decisions.
    Fitting a song that's as complex and chordy as this one into 5-lane is a thankless task. There's always a million different ways to represent everything and trying to get both motion accuracy and pitch consistency can lead to some weird-looking charts.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited June 2012

*raises hand*

Thought I'd get into pro initially since I played keys in a local band ages ago, but it's still way more fun to do what I've actually gotten pretty good at over the past 3 years, pro drums.

I break out the keys occasionally for giggles or when I want to vox while playing, and I can't imagine pro-key-voxing on anything except Need You Tonight :p

I was keyvoxing Shipwrecked just last night with a group and there's no way I could have kept up with it on pro keys, much less wearing the keytar and jumping around like a lunatic like I was... (playing Shipwrecked in this manner is HIGHLY recommended, BTW :) )
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4772373 said:
    I'm still taking my baby steps to Pro Keys. Once I completely master regular keys, then it's Pro Keys time.

Trust me, it won't help you too much. It's totally different. I recommend doing easy>medium pro keys for about a month and jumping to Hard when you feel comfortable :)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Oscarvarium;4772375 said:
    Actually quite a few more than play pro keys, according to the leaderboards.

Interesting. I dived straight in on Pro and have only played a handful of standard charts afterwards, usually on Guitar.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    TubaDude49;4772763 said:
    Interesting. I dived straight in on Pro and have only played a handful of standard charts afterwards, usually on Guitar.

that's because you actually have a keyboard, the reason there's so many more standard key scores is because everyone has a guitar, but not nearly as many people have a keyboard, so they play the standard keys track with their guitar controller.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Zemanator;4772806 said:
    that's because you actually have a keyboard, the reason there's so many more standard key scores is because everyone has a guitar, but not nearly as many people have a keyboard, so they play the standard keys track with their guitar controller.

Ah, wasn't sure if the Guitar scores counted, since goals only unlock after playing a song on a Keyboard, no matter which instrument they were completed.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2012

I play pro keys, too, they just aren't as fun to me. I have my desk in my dorm with a keyboard right next to it where I play piano on and off all day, so, to be fair, I do know how to play just fine.

I'm just rarely in the mood to play video games and music at the same time, if you know what I mean.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4771343 said:

Actually, he did just release an album and I believe it's all original (he'd probably have to pay massive licensing fees to record his covers for an album). I'm pretty sure this song is the appropriate opening track of the album.

To respond to the OP, I've never been a huge fan of Brentalfloss, though being a huge gamer (from the Atari-NES era), I've watched most of his videos for amusement. I don't really think he's a very strong singer (though he can certainly carry a tune), and I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised by this song. The piano work is pretty amazing, and the guitar solo is pretty sweet, too.
    I always play basic keys when I first pick up a song, just to try out the chart. Then I play pro keys on the song from then on.
  • EviladeUKEviladeUK Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    cwilbur;4772391 said:
    *raises hand*

Thought I'd get into pro initially since I played keys in a local band ages ago, but it's still way more fun to do what I've actually gotten pretty good at over the past 3 years, pro drums.

I break out the keys occasionally for giggles or when I want to vox while playing, and I can't imagine pro-key-voxing on anything except Need You Tonight :p

I was keyvoxing Shipwrecked just last night with a group and there's no way I could have kept up with it on pro keys, much less wearing the keytar and jumping around like a lunatic like I was... (playing Shipwrecked in this manner is HIGHLY recommended, BTW :) )

You basically just described Alestorm's live performance. I thoroughly recommend seeing them if you haven't :P

On topic, been a brentalfan for a few years, definitely picking this track up. I can't really see any other brentalfloss song making it the game though, if only for a lack 100% original content that involves a full band.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    EviladeUK;4774749 said:
    You basically just described Alestorm's live performance.
    I guessed that from the video. ;)
    EviladeUK;4774749 said:
    I thoroughly recommend seeing them if you haven't

*googles Alestorm tour dates*
    *is surprised to find US dates*
    *is not surprised to find the closest one is still 270 miles (433 km) away and they're just an opening act for Epica*
    *sigh*
    It's WAY too rare for anything worth seeing to get to where I am :(
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Well, Brentalfloss made a video of the full band chart of this, but sadly, it's not the entire song. I hope someone can make a full band video of the entire song soon.
  • materia101materia101 Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    If it comes to PS3 I'll try and see if I can make a video of it. I've been trying to get some video capture software for a while now, so I'll see. If not I can always use my DVD recorder.
  • tubzyfuzztubzyfuzz Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    I really want this song to come out on ps3, Ive been waiting a month and a half, hoping that it would be released onto the ps3. If anyone agrees that his song should be on ps3, then show it, cuz "this is the song that I've been waiting for"! :)
    edited July 2012
    Okay.

♪♫This is the Rock Band Network song I've been waiting for!♫♪
    edited July 2012
    If anyone still hasn't seen an expert keys chart of this yet then I've linked it right here. -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKmHHxfZyLE