Kevin Garnett to the Celtics is close to done

Comments

• edited July 2007
    I think I speak for most of Boston when I say "We still have a basketball team? A professional one?"
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    "In recent NBA news, the celtics trade their entire team except for paul pierce for one aging big man. In other news, the celtics have their highest attendance in 10 years, with 5 tickets sold"
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;26502 said:
    I think I speak for most of Boston when I say "We still have a basketball team? A professional one?"
    lol sad but true. I have remain true to the C's, and call me crazy, but I still support them!

If this deal goes down, expect to see the Celtics deep in the playoffs. Wow that seems weird to say.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    MrtyMcfly;26504 said:
    lol sad but true. I have remain true to the C's, and call me crazy, but I still support them!

If this deal goes down, expect to see the Celtics deep in the playoffs. Wow that seems weird to say.
    I support them over any other team, but theyre just like the bruins, i just can't care until i see management do something to improve the team. Despite my other post, garnett is a great player and will really help the team.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    NOO! That would be a horrible trade.(Im from Mass and would like to see the celts get some talent)

If the celtics got garnett, it would suck so bad because they would get rid of all of their young talent, including al jefferson who will be an all star this upcoming season(mark my words). Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair are the other two youngins' on the team that are very valuable, i wouldn't mind getting rid of them plus theo ratliff for garnett.

The celtics should have a plan right now, and that is to get as much talent as they can while keeping paul pierce and al jefferson.
    edited July 2007
    I think most people feel the same. But I think the front office is just so desperate for playoff contention that they're not thinking long term.

They've been trying to build with young talent for almost 20 years. Garnett would be great to have, but not for that price. The most recent rumor is Jefferson, Telfair, Green, and Ratliff AND future picks! It's way too expensive.

The lineup would look like this:

Perkins C
    Garnett PF
    Pierce SF
    Ray Allen SG
    Rondo PG

Yea you're guarenteed playoffs, but for what, 2 years, if that? As it is, Garnett has the opportunity to opt out of his contract in the summer of '08. Which means we give up all that talent, just for 1 season? What if he got hurt?

It'd be great for a season, but I'd like to have another Celtics Dynasty again :) But that's very very high hopes!
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Blah the Celts still suck.... It's all about the Bulls and if that Kobe trade work I smell a chapionship :D
  • ParliamentFunkadelicParliamentFunkadelic Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I think they locked up Garnett for an extension passed only this year.
    In my eyes, in the JV league that is currently known as the Eastern Conference, this puts them in about the same category as the Bulls, Pistons, Heat, and Cavs. They can make it to the Eastern Conference finals if they can manage to get a system working/chemistry.
    edited July 2007
    I just wanted to revive this thread because it is now official. Kevin Garnett is coming to the Celtics!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7078764?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

High price, but we've been trying to work with the "young crowd" for the past 17 years. Desperation is a mutha, and they're going for the gold with this one. It's known that Celtics will be NBA finals contenders, they just need to fight with the Pistons first.

It's really crazy to even say that the Celtics can win the Eastern Conference lol
  • ParliamentFunkadelicParliamentFunkadelic Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    MrtyMcfly;27296 said:
    I just wanted to revive this thread because it is now official. Kevin Garnett is coming to the Celtics!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7078764?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

High price, but we've been trying to work with the "young crowd" for the past 17 years. Desperation is a mutha, and they're going for the gold with this one. It's known that Celtics will be NBA finals contenders, they just need to fight with the Pistons first.

It's really crazy to even say that the Celtics can win the Eastern Conference lol
    Last in East to Champs of East?!?! That would be a first and last time thing for the history of the league :eek: