RBN DLC Discussion: 6/14/2012 (Xbox), 6/19/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited June 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 6/14/2012

Metal
Anarchy Club – “Collide” (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria – “Reckless & Relentless (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Chaotrope – “The Hourglass Paroxysm – Part II” (160 MSP)

Prog
An Endless Sporadic – “Anything” (80 MSP)

Punk

SIMPL3JACK – “At War With the Cherubs” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 6/19/2012 (North America) and 6/20/2012 (Europe)

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – “Reap (Radio Edit)” ($0.99) – Rock
Less Than Jake – “Goodbye, Mr. Personality” ($1.99) – Reggae/Ska
Seven Day Sonnet – “Farewell to Good Days” ($1.99) – Rock
Amberian Dawn – “Field of Serpents” ($1.99) – Metal
Amberian Dawn – “Ghostly Echoes” ($1.99) – Metal

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Got Collide, Anything, Hourglass, and At War.
    So a 4/5 week for me.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2012
    For our PS3 brethren : here's what Reap looks like in game :

http://youtu.be/cJez5TqmUCs
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I might get Collide... the rest are passes for me...

still waiting for I Like Trains...
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    Not feeling the new Anarchy Club. Every song I've listened to in A Single Drop of Red hasn't been my cup of tea, but the other 2 albums I like at least 1 track a lot. Huh :p
    Glad to see they're really into the RBN, though. Can't wait for Shaolin to come out (and I hope Behind the Mask eventually gets here).

I didn't enjoy Anything as much as Impulse, but it's still pretty sweet and I'll be glad to purchase it down in the line. Especially considering it's from GH :3

Not fond of the Asking Alexandria, SIMPL3JACK, and Chaotrope songs, but they're not that bad. Overall a fantastic week!
  • edited June 2012
    Two AD songs for the PS3? NICE.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Collide and Anything for me.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    3/5. A good PS3 week, considering two of the songs are from my wishlist.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Nothing interests me this week.

Starting to wonder if there is any easy listening Rock, Blues or Country in the pipeline.
    edited June 2012
    Just found out (as in a minute ago)that there was a mix up with the files the band sent us for Anything (it was some kind of place holder they had when they recorded the song and forgot to remove them from the stems they sent us) and the band didn't want the vocals included in this song. We're pulling this and a new version will be up that has the vocal part removed.
  • edited June 2012
    Why no vocals? I would rather a song with vocals over yet another instrumental.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Because the band will get sued since they're copyrighted.
    edited June 2012
    Yeah the vocals are a sound clip from Willy Wonka. We knew what it was, but figured the band must have had the rights/clearance to it or they wouldn't have sent them with the song.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Blasteroids;4778307 said:
    Nothing interests me this week.

Starting to wonder if there is any easy listening Rock, Blues or Country in the pipeline.

I've got Brian Kahanek's "Bottle Rocket" and "Gemini" in the pipeline, both of which are Blues.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    May buy:
    Reap

Want ported over:
    Anything
    Collide
    The Hourglass Paroxysm – Part II (you sure this is 160 points? All the other Chaotrope songs on PS3 are 99¢ AKA 80 points)
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Great week, for both consoles. Reap is goin' to be one of the best 80c songs I'll ever purchase, and I'm pleased by the Less Than Jake addition.

Amberian Dawn it's not for me, so I'll pass.

As for xbox, Anything is really great, as well as Collide. Great GH2 nostalgia.

I really like those old GH games songs coming through RBN. One day we'll get every bonus song from those games.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Blasteroids;4778307 said:

This should be coming out soon, might be to your liking.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    I just sang "Anything" on solo and harmonies. You can get 30,000 points on solo and only 18,000 on harmonies. Weird how the OD activation is placed in different spots depending on which mode you pick.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    LTJ on PS3, nice. And another Endless Sporadic! Good week.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4778308 said:
    Just found out (as in a minute ago)that there was a mix up with the files the band sent us for Anything (it was some kind of place holder they had when they recorded the song and forgot to remove them from the stems they sent us) and the band didn't want the vocals included in this song. We're pulling this and a new version will be up that has the vocal part removed.

Can we not purchase it anymore on rbnreleases through xbox? I thought pulled songs could still be purchased.
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it's not purchasable. We pulled it as soon as we found out.
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4778820 said:
    Yeah it's not purchasable. We pulled it as soon as we found out.

How about those who have purchased this old version?
    EDIT: i even waited for it to show up in the store to purchase it.
    edited June 2012
    Yeah we weren't alerted to this until the band saw the finalized video which of course was after it went up in the store.

If you bought the original pulled version send me a pm or email (nlarimer@gmail.com) with your name and your gamer tag so we can verify that you did indeed purchase the pulled version.

We'll get you a 160 refund code for your troubles AND the next version is only going to be 80 pts instead of 160 as an apology from the band for this confusion.
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4779443 said:
    Yeah we weren't alerted to this until the band saw the finalized video which of course was after it went up in the store.

If you bought the original pulled version send me a pm or email (nlarimer@gmail.com) with your name and your gamer tag so we can verify that you did indeed purchase the pulled version.

We'll get you a 160 refund code for your troubles AND the next version is only going to be 80 pts instead of 160 as an apology from the band for this confusion.

Well in that case i'll just delete it and rebuy it.
    Wasn't going to rebuy it another 160, was gonna ask you for a code. But you know what i really like these guys and they deserve money in any form. So i'll just rebuy it since they did lower the price for the issue :)
    *I'm too nice of a fan i think :P*
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Hey Guys I know this is a bit late but hey here is the fan made trailers, I tried to use the suggestions yall said. And always up for more, let me know how you like them.

Xbox Trailer 06/14/2012
    PS3 Trailer 06/19/2012
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4779443 said:

That's fantastic news! :D
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Arcanon;4778433 said:
    This should be coming out soon, might be to your liking.
    It was ok, but as soon as the singer started I closed the vid. I'm really picky about vocalists and that one did nothing to enhance the song, in my ears.
    TubaDude49;4778391 said:
    I've got Brian Kahanek's "Bottle Rocket" and "Gemini" in the pipeline, both of which are Blues.
    You got my attention! But I want it now! ;) This is exactly the type of music that I insta-buy.
  • RuckBogersRuckBogers Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the update TAG - was concerned when I couldn't download it but glad to hear it's being sorted :) can't wait to play it - was always one of my favourites from the GH days!

Cheers :)
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    cyborggrimreaper;4779699 said:
    Hey Guys I know this is a bit late but hey here is the fan made trailers, I tried to use the suggestions yall said. And always up for more, let me know how you like them.

That's actually pretty cool! The sound is a bit outta sync, but at least we can see a quick preview of the charts with all the instrument difficulties. Nice work!