We're you parents against video games growing up?

Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
This is just for my amusement bruther.

My parents hated video games and anything that had to do with taking away outside time bruther. If it wasn't productive or having to do with going outside then it was a waste of time or money dude. The was back in 1992 bruther :)

So one christmas they ask me what I wanted and I said a super nintendo bruther...

My parents gave me that, (oh hell no) look bruther. They asked me what would a super nintendo do for you in the future pal... I couldn't think of an answer dude.. I didn't get my super nintendo that year and I was pissed as hell bruther. All the clothes I got for christmas dude I pee'd on them pal. I looked at them and said, "What would clothes do for me in the future dude?" Well my dad whopped my ass pal and sent me to bed. I did get my super ninendo in 1995 pal. It was the greatest thing ever dude. Until the playstation came out bruther.

We're your parents against gaming pal?

Comments

• FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2012
    They're indifferent to them, though they didn't want me invest in rated M games when I was much younger. I never owned a GTA game until 2006 especially way back then I thought sandbox shooters were the most innovative thing in the world.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    My parents weren't really against games, they were just too old to play them. Last game I ever played with my dad was baseball on the nintendo. For the most part, they never really had a problem with me playing M rated games at a young age either. Heck I was playing Mortal Kombat 3 on the Super Nintendo with my older brothers when I was 6 or 7 and you couldn't really get any more violent back then.
  • edited June 2012
    Nice title.

Nope my dad used to play Zelda all the time and my Mom used to always play Lolo, Yoshi Cookie, Burgertime, and Mario 3.

One of my earliest memories was sneaking out of my bedroom at night to watch my dad play Zelda. I also remember reseting the NES once while my mom was on the last world of Mario 3 so that we can start a new game Co-Op. She was pissed!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    My mom got us video games to help with our hand-eye cordination! Thanks to that, I can catch falling objects with great efficiency...

though I've only dated one girl, and she was emo...
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
    Also no, my parents aren't against vidjya gaems.

My dad plays xbox from time to time.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    My parents weren't against them, unless I played for too long (which I did, at every opportunity). Though they never let me have any form of mobile gaming, because they didn't want me to miss anything when we went on vacation.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    My dad loves video games. My mom, on the other hand, absolutely hated them. So as a result I was largely kept from playing them, except when I was out somewhere with just my dad, he'd give me a roll of quarters and we'd hit the pinball machines at the local pizza place.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I don't know if I'd consider pinball a video game. Sure, they are/were largely featured in arcades, and have screens on them, but I'd associate them more with bar games.

Maybe they're in the skeeball family...
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    My parents used to complain about my gaming when I was a teenager. But now that I make more than my dad ever did by making games, they don't say much about it now.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    Very much so, they say I need to spend my money on better things. I've always believed if you're single, your pockets will jingle.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Nope, they both didn't care.
    They just limited how long we played the nintendo/Super nintendo/sega than they sent us outside than we could come back in and play more. I was never addicted than though.
    Than the playstation came out, and they gave up on limiting us and my dad joined in on the fun! LOL
    Eventually my mom played some games (and she still likes singing on rock band) but otherwise both have grown out of it now.

My brother though is addicted to COD..........
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783618 said:
    Very much so, they say I need to spend my money on better things. I've always believed if you're single, your pockets will jingle.

Exactly how i feel too.
    And all i hear (working in retail) is guys complaining how their significant other spends SOOOOO much money..... DON'T GET MARRIED!!!!!!
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    He's a lost cause, I'll go get the shovel
    edited June 2012
    The title MAKES this.