The Totally Spectacular Bad Movie Thread!

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
This is where we discuss bad movies we've seen. They can either be awesome bad like Plan 9 From Outher Space and Mole People, or terrible abominations like The Cat In the Hat.

Discuss away!

Comments

• BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Ah, Airheads was great. I liked Sandler's role in that one probably because it was a supporting one.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783315 said:
    I want to see Funny People. It has like all my favorite comedians in it but I've heard that it's not very good.

Structurally it's pretty decent, if above yellow (average/mediocre) for me. Hill plays the same thing he usually does and it's mostly him and Sandler together. I liked it, but I don't plan on watching it again.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    Let's change subject. This is a bad movie thread, after all.

I'm pretty sure Sandra Bullock's worst movie is All About Steve. It totally beats Speed 2 due to her being the creepiest thing on the planet.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783315 said:
    I want to see Funny People. It has like all my favorite comedians in it but I've heard that it's not very good.

I went into it literally not knowing a thing about it. Thought it was a comedy(you know since it has the word funny in the title) but was dissapointed when it wasnt. That being said its 'meh' at best
    edited June 2012
    @Sandra: I'd say Practical Magic, Miss Congeniality or Two Weeks Notice are far worse then both of those films.
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4783320 said:
    I went into it literally not knowing a thing about it. Thought it was a comedy(you know since it has the word funny in the title) but was dissapointed when it wasnt. That being said its 'meh' at best

....it was a comedy, sure it spiraled into a comedic drama near the middle; but that was it's structure.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783321 said:
    @Sandra: I'd say Practical Magic, Miss Congeniality or Two Weeks Notice are far worse then both of those films.

Practical Magic was cheesy, so it gets a pass from me. I happened to enjoy Miss Congeniality as a guilty pleasure. Two Weeks Notice is still bad, though.
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4783323 said:
    Practical Magic was cheesy, so it gets a pass from me. I happened to enjoy Miss Congeniality as a guilty pleasure. Two Weeks Notice is still bad, though.

Fair enough.
    Ah, Airheads was great. I liked Sandler's role in that one probably because it was a supporting one.
    It makes me chuckle.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Jaws 3/Jaws 3D and worse, it's sequel.....
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Is it ok if I bring so bad its good into this? If so, I think Troma deserves some loving. My favorites are The Toxic Avenger Series, SGT Kabukiman NYPD, and Tromeo and Juliet. If you love, over the top cartoony gorefest, and jokes that cross lines several times, than these are for you!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    MacGruber

Poor Kristen Wiig had to suffer through that abomination.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited June 2012
    I love to watch campy B movies and own several hundred terrible movies.

Most recent one I fully analysed was The Mysterious Mr. Wong. This movie was released in 1934 and apparently took place during a time when people were uncomfortable with Asians on screen. It stars Bela Lugosi as a Chinese man, which when you squint your eyes, wear a fu manchu, and wear a little silk hat, you look Chinese to the average racist.

This is my favorite scene from the movie. It's got terrible dialog, an overacted death scene, and the 3 most inept assassins in history where they try and take on 2 people with the dumbest weapons ever. A flowerpot, a noose, and one throwing knife. Also there is a serious out of body nonchalantness to this whole scene of narrowly avoiding death.

Old movies are awesome!
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4782999 said:
    Titanic II
    ***** Slap
    Celebrity Sex Tape
    Any Nic Cage movie(older ones even more so. I suggest 8mm and Deadfall)
    I was pissed to see this until...
    www1221;4783012 said:
    I misunderstood the point of this thread so Titanic II is the only one on my list that fits but the other ones are bad but in a great way.

I saw this. ***** Slap is soooooo bad but a great movie.

What about any star trek movie
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Has anyone mentioned The Doom Generation yet?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Titanic (waits for the bashing, the movie sucked.)
    Hangover (1 & 2)
    Grease 2

i'll think of others im sure later.
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "The Room" yet.
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4783500 said:
    Titanic (waits for the bashing, the movie sucked.)
    Hangover (1 & 2)
    Grease 2

i'll think of others im sure later.

Hangover was all right but #2 sucked, and other then naked Kate Titanic was blah.
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783506 said:
    Hangover was all right but #2 sucked, and other then naked Kate Titanic was blah.

Hangover was basically jackass done more scripted.
    I shut it off halfway.
    edited June 2012
    Yes it was.
    Thanks to the Internet, you don't ever have to watch it. Maybe the the Dog spoiler, if I can find it.
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783515 said:

That is the best scene, is it bad i was the only one who laughed when they died at the end? It was so CHEESY!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012

If you saw the first one you saw the second one(minus the transexual stripper,maybe prostitute,'s penis)
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4783519 said:
    That is the best scene, is it bad i was the only one who laughed when they died at the end? It was so CHEESY!

I laugh at others misfortune, like people falling down stairs or getting hit by foreign objects. I'd share a similar story with history class, but it's very crude and I will refrain.
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783523 said:
    I laugh at others misfortune, like people falling down stairs or getting hit by foreign objects. I'd share a similar story with history class, but it's very crude and I will refrain.

The ending was so bad that i couldn't help but laugh.
    The entire thing was for me though.
    edited June 2012
    Im amazed nobody tried saying snakes on a plane and/or snakes on a train
    edited June 2012

There will be no complaining about naked a Kate in my presence.
    edited June 2012
    Witticus;4783562 said:
    There will be no complaining about naked a Kate in my presence.

That's #2 best thing in the movie. Guy hitting propeller is by far the best thing
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783571 said:
    That's #2 best thing in the movie. Guy hitting propeller is by far the best thing

I always bring that up when people are talking about Titanic.
    edited June 2012
    RosaFloydGuy;4783579 said:
    I always bring that up when people are talking about Titanic.

I want it written as my epitaph
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4783571 said:

Sorry I read that as naked Kate was blah.