The Totally Spectacular Bad Movie Thread!

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
This is where we discuss bad movies we've seen. They can either be awesome bad like Plan 9 From Outher Space and Mole People, or terrible abominations like The Cat In the Hat.

Discuss away!

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    Any Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Titanic II
    ***** Slap
    Celebrity Sex Tape
    Any Nic Cage movie(older ones even more so. I suggest 8mm and Deadfall)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    Any Adam Sandler film that isn't Wedding Singer, Waterboy or Happy Gilmore. I like The Wedding Singer because it's cheesy fun, Waterboy because it's easy to make fun of, and Happy Gilmore because Bob Barker beats the s*** out of Sandler.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4783002 said:
    Any Adam Sandler film that isn't Wedding Singer, Waterboy or Happy Gilmore. I like The Wedding Singer because it's cheesy fun, Waterboy because it's easy to make fun of, and Happy Gilmore because Bob Barker beats the s*** out of Sandler.

Uhhh....Reign Over Me?

Maybe it wasn't exactly your thing, but it wasn't so campy terribad like the absolute rest of Sandler's filmography.
    edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4783006 said:
    Uhhh....Reign Over Me?

Maybe it wasn't exactly your thing, but it wasn't so campy terribad like the absolute rest of Sandler's filmography.

Never saw it. Maybe I should... it should be better than Spanglish.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Star Wars, Episode 1. This guy pretty much nails it.

And Sandler was awesome in the ending of Click. One of the saddest comedies I've ever seen. (I think we've discussed this one before)
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4782999 said:
    Titanic II
    ***** Slap
    Celebrity Sex Tape
    Any Nic Cage movie(older ones even more so. I suggest 8mm and Deadfall)

I misunderstood the point of this thread so Titanic II is the only one on my list that fits but the other ones are bad but in a great way.
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4783012 said:
    I misunderstood the point of this thread so Titanic II is the only one on my list that fits but the other ones are bad but in a great way.

It can either be good-bad or bad.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4783009 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's a flawed movie, but it's so drastically different from anything else Sandler has ever done (for reference, Tom Cruise was attached to play his role until just before production began), and it's...well, it's not exactly the sort of movie one can or should enjoy, per se, but it's artistically significant.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    jibjqrkl;4782993 said:
    Any Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
    Wrong!!!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4783009 said:

I don't get the hate around Spanglish, sure it wasn't [i]excellent/i] but it delivered what it wanted to do. Pretty typical James Brooks, but it's not Brooks best affair either, that would probably be How Do You Know or Broadcast News.
    edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783282 said:
    I don't get the hate around Spanglish, sure it wasn't [i]excellent/i] but it delivered what it wanted to do. Pretty typical James Brooks, but it's not Brooks best affair either, that would probably be How Do You Know or Broadcast News.

I dislike it because it was dull, and the "humor" didn't work for me. I personally didn't get it at all. Good to see a film with prominent Hispanics that isn't borderline racist, though.
  • edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783282 said:

I'm pretty sure most of the Spanglish hate comes from people expecting it to be an Adam Sandler movie. They were expecting Waterboy and got a drama instead.

Personally I enjoyed it.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783288 said:
    I'm pretty sure most of the Spanglish hate comes from people expecting it to be an Adam Sandler movie. They were expecting Waterboy and got a drama instead.

Personally I enjoyed it.

Adam Sandler is a better actor when doing drama. I find him a juvenile mediocre comedian, honestly.

Will Ferrell proved to me he's the same kind of actor.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783288 said:

Personally I enjoyed it.

Its better than expecting Waterboy and getting Grown Ups

*barf*
  • edited June 2012
    www1221;4783291 said:
    Its better than expecting Waterboy and getting Grown Ups

*barf*
    I thought Grown Ups was pretty good too. Sure not A+ but it wasn't a bad movie.
    edited June 2012
    I never said that Spanglish was a horrible movie. I just found it very "meh."
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783292 said:

It's not his worst film for sure.

That'd be Jack & Jill.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783292 said:

Im not sure anyone here is more into immature humor than me and even I thought that movie was an extreme pile of garbage
    edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783296 said:

That'd be Jack & Jill.

This. It was Little Nicky for the longest time, then this abomination happened.
    edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783296 said:

That'd be Jack & Jill.
    I never saw it and for that reason exactly.
  • edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4783299 said:
    This. It was Little Nicky for the longest time, then this abomination happened.

See now, I really liked Little Nicky. I loved Rodney Dangerfield as his grand father.
  • edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4783290 said:
    Adam Sandler is a better actor when doing drama. I find him a juvenile mediocre comedian, honestly.

Will Ferrell proved to me he's the same kind of actor.
    I agree that Sandler does drama better. Never saw that Will Ferrell movie but I remember seeing the trailer before. I would give a shot.
    edited June 2012
    Sandler tiers:

Reign Over Me
    Punch-Drunk Love
    Spanglish

Funny People
    The Wedding Singer

Bulletproof
    The Longest Yard
    Big Daddy
    Airheads
    50 First Dates
    Bedtime Stories
    Click
    Mr. Deeds
    Grown Ups
    Happy Gilmore
    The Waterboy

Just Go with It
    I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
    Billy Madison
    Eight Crazy Nights
    You Don't Mess with the Zohan
    Little Nicky
    Jack and Jill

I'm estimating That's My Boy being in the red and Hotel Translyvania being in the yellow or lower green.
    edited June 2012
    Eh, I guess I just didn't "get" Spanglish if it's that great a film. I just didn't enjoy it as an audience member. I've seen much worse, though.
  • edited June 2012
    I want to see Funny People. It has like all my favorite comedians in it but I've heard that it's not very good.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Ah, Airheads was great. I liked Sandler's role in that one probably because it was a supporting one.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783315 said:
    I want to see Funny People. It has like all my favorite comedians in it but I've heard that it's not very good.

Structurally it's pretty decent, if above yellow (average/mediocre) for me. Hill plays the same thing he usually does and it's mostly him and Sandler together. I liked it, but I don't plan on watching it again.
    edited June 2012
    Let's change subject. This is a bad movie thread, after all.

I'm pretty sure Sandra Bullock's worst movie is All About Steve. It totally beats Speed 2 due to her being the creepiest thing on the planet.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4783315 said:

I went into it literally not knowing a thing about it. Thought it was a comedy(you know since it has the word funny in the title) but was dissapointed when it wasnt. That being said its 'meh' at best