DLC Discussion Week of 6/26 - Carrie Underwood 3 Pack!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited July 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4785443 said:
Hey gang,

The first country artist to win American Idol, Carrie Underwood has sold more than 14 million albums worldwide, earned five Grammys, and has topped the charts with 14 number one singles. On June 26th, one of the biggest names in modern country music returns to Rock Band with “Carrie Underwood Pack 01”!

“Before He Cheats,” the chart-topping single from Underwood’s 2005 album, Some Hearts, opens the pack. The highly successful crossover single garnered Underwood a number of awards, including two Grammy’s for “Best Female Country Vocal Performance” and “Country Song of the Year.”

The second song in the pack is “Cowboy Casanova” from her third studio album, 2009’s Play On. The track was another hit for Underwood, certified Platinum and reaching number one on Billboard’s Country Songs charts.

“Good Girl,” the lead single from Underwood’s most recent record, Blown Away, rounds out of the pack. This high-energy track, with its infectious sing-along chorus, swept the charts when it was released earlier this year, rocketing to the top of Billboard’s Country Songs charts. The track also netted Underwood the prestigious “Video of the Year” award at the CMT Music Awards earlier this month.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 26th, 2012):

• Carrie Underwood – “Before He Cheats” O
• Carrie Underwood – “Cowboy Casanova” O
• Carrie Underwood – “Good Girl” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 27th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Carrie Underwood Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4786478 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 6/21/2012:

Metal

Amberian Dawn – “Circus Black” (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn – “Circus Black (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Edenshade – “Another Purity Failing (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
I, Omega – “The Ravenous” (160 MSP)
Nightrage – “So Far Away/Delirium Of The Fallen” (160 MSP)
Spires – “The Infinite Descent (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Pop

Rose of Jericho – “Romancing the Ordinary” (80 MSP)

Prog

An Endless Sporadic – “From the Blue/Point of No Return” (80 MSP)

Rock

John Daly Project – “Don’t Drink the Bottle” (80 MSP)
Die Hard Till Death – “The Will” (160 MSP)
X-Y – “Superficial” (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 6/26/2012 (North America) and 6/27/2012 (Europe):

An Endless Sporadic – “Impulse” ($0.99) – Prog
Devin Townsend – “By Your Command” ($1.99) – Metal
Septicflesh – “Anubis” ($1.99) – Metal
Imperative Reaction – “Surface” ($1.99) – Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rainbowdragoneyes – “Creatures ov Deception (RB3 version)” ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic

Discuss!

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2012
    My wife will be happy as hell with this. She is a big country fan, she has even got me liking some songs. So, this pack will be mine!
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Wow, what awesome variety we've been getting! I'm probably just going to get "Before He Cheats", but the other two songs are okay too. This was definitely not on my list of options for this week, but it works and it's cool :) I'm just surprised they didn't include one of her most successful singles "Inside Your Heaven", the only song by any solo country act to top the Hot 100 in the 2000s & 2010s
  • SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Oh. So this is real? Wow. Huuuuuuuuuuuge pass.

Most of the time it seems like my reaction to DLC is "meh" ... but in this case, it's "feh!"
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    We expected an American Idol artist this week. Just not this one.

I actually don't think this is a bad artist for the platform. It won't be a part of my library, though.

1/84.
  • randomasrandomas Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Who? What? American Idol!?! You must be kidding!
    I might bring myself round to listen to one song once, but I'm keeping my flame thrower handy in case I need to disinfect ...
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Jesus. What a crock. Definitely a big 'Nil poi' from the UK delegates.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I've only heard of her cause she's already on rock band.

After listening to her songs on youtube, I must say that I've never listened to even one of those, nor in the radio, nor on MTV, not even on commercials.

She's a bland shania twain clone, with a good voice, yes, but defenetly not for me.

I hate to say it, but... Daughtry would have been better. As of now, the only weak week of 2012.

Getting impulse and other old songs.
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    Haven't heard the songs, and I don't really like country music, but I tell you what...

Every single song in the Country Track Packs is FUN AS HECK, especially on Pro Drums. I don't care for hardly any of the songs, but I still play them regularly and they are some of my favorite charts in the game.

So maybe I'll step outside my comfort zone again next week and try these out.

Edit: Just watched the preview video and yeah, I'll totally buy this pack. Again, not musically up my alley, but the songs look fun to play. Cheer up, you whiners.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2012
    I am quite indifferent to Carrie Underwood.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Places bet...
    C'mon seven...
    Snake eyes. :(
    Fourteen times in a row.
    Time for a new shooter!
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    jibjqrkl;4790479 said:

lol'd

That was my reaction too, trust me. Probably everyone's reaction.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    drhans;4790498 said:
    Cheer up, you whiners.
    Hey, I bought the last country pack after some deliberating, and for the most part it was really enjoyable. But I'm not feeling this one.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Thank you HMX for your continued support of the RB franchise. Carrie Underwood is easy on the eyes but tough on the ears, at least for me. So, nothing for me from this weeks offerings, but I'll be adding to my DLC library by picking up some more Rush.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Carrie Underwood is one of the biggest stars in country music. Don't dismiss her just because she was on American Idol. I'm guessing this pack will be a huge seller. Remember, even if you don't like this kind of music, it might make enough money or open some more doors Harmonix can use to pursue artists that you or I want. We'll have our week to be excited.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    No wonder he changed my thread title...

Grats to those who like this.

To save me money, I will now go and tell my sister that I am broke.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    drhans;4790498 said:

Every single song in the Country Track Packs is FUN AS HECK, especially on Pro Drums.

Ring of fire. Twang.

Seriously?

The only good song this week, instrumentally-wise is Good Girl (from the preview). On vocals will be defenetly cool, but... well.. not my thing.
  • xtodd007xtodd007 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    ZigZag2005;4790500 said:
    Places bet...
    C'mon seven...
    Snake eyes. :(
    Fourteen times in a row.
    Time for a new shooter!
    hahaha well done
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2012
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    rsm790;4790476 said:
    just terrible garbage

If we got some more Garbage that would be about 1000x better than this.
    This week could've been worse though, I'm still not even sure if I'm gonna get any of it
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited June 2012
    I've heard of her. I also think I've heard one or two of her songs at some point. Another pass on everything.

A grand total of 1 DLC song bought this month. That's never happened to me before.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2012
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Who? What? Is she the one married to a hockey player?

Can we just skip ahead to next week please?
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    *Pac-man dying sound*
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Initial reaction was "No, not buying", since country is (mostly) not my thing. But after listening to the songs, they're quite ok. I might end up buying some of them, maybe even the full pack.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    GLaDOS;4790512 said:
    If we got some more Garbage that would be about 1000x better than this.
    This week could've been worse though, I'm still not even sure if I'm gonna get any of it

Couldnt be much worse
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    So lets get one thing straight, Carrie Underwood is very very hot :)! Seriously she and Amy Adams are my top celebrity crushes, she is amazing and actually has an incredible voice!

But in terms of Rock Band idk... Never bought All-American Girl even though I thought about getting it. I'll think about it, but there are just to many things I would want before it. I'll be adding this pack + All American Girl to my list of songs I want to buy.

Now HMX lets start off July with something older please, something less modern would be nice, thanks :)!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    yeah, so... i bet that Daughtry pack's not looking so bad right now, huh?

i know you guys at HMX want to release stuff 3 at a time right now, but couldn't you have released all this American Idol stuff together and gotten it out of the way? or are you just so excited about that upcoming Clay Aiken 12-pack that you don't want to distract us with these artistically inferior acts at the same time?
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    *Uncontrollable vomiting*

Also the first time I've ever seen a 100% negative feedback on a YouTube video for the trailer. Didn't want to break the streak either.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited June 2012
    Wow, brilliant. It's rare that I actually roll my eyes at something that happened on the internet.

With this 3-song-a-week crap (or in the case of Incubus, one song a week HELL YEAH) and songs from a person I've never actually heard of because I'm British, I'm getting pretty tired of the awful choices Harmonix keeps picking. It's bad enough when it's just METUL METUL METUL HURR every week, but this is just terrible. The only song I'm gonna buy in the last 3 months is Owl City.

Seriously, doesn't everyone want stuff like Muse (Even though I HATE Muse it would just be nice to see them finally ffs) or Radiohead, or more Fall Out Boy, just something, just SOMETHING MAYBE that isn't dire ****e.