RBN DLC Discussion: 6/21/2012 (Xbox), 6/26/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited June 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 6/21/2012

Metal

Amberian Dawn – “Circus Black” (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn – “Circus Black (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Edenshade – “Another Purity Failing (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
I, Omega – “The Ravenous” (160 MSP)
Nightrage – “So Far Away/Delirium Of The Fallen” (160 MSP)
Spires – “The Infinite Descent (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Pop

Rose of Jericho – “Romancing the Ordinary” (80 MSP)

Prog

An Endless Sporadic – “From the Blue/Point of No Return” (80 MSP)

Rock

John Daly Project – “Don’t Drink the Bottle” (80 MSP)
Die Hard Till Death – “The Will” (160 MSP)
X-Y – “Superficial” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 6/26/2012 (North America) and 6/27/2012 (Europe)

An Endless Sporadic – “Impulse” ($0.99) – Prog
Devin Townsend – “By Your Command” ($1.99) – Metal
Septicflesh – “Anubis” ($1.99) – Metal
Imperative Reaction – “Surface” ($1.99) – Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rainbowdragoneyes – “Creatures ov Deception (RB3 version)” ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Just Rose of Jericho for me.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Got AES, I,Omega, And X-Y.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    The Ravenous is really awesome. It's progressive metal but with hints of thrash/core and really fun charts. The guitar is particularly good, all HOPOs everwhere.

Rose of Jericho is cool too, and hurray for the return of Amberian Dawn! \o/
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    Looks like it's the return of Rose of Jericho and Amberian Dawn! Glad to see them back, even though I don't like either of them :p

Different strokes and such!

I thought we already had Amberian Dawn's whole discography in RB o-o

ANYWAY, I'm definitely going to look at the I, Omega and the Endless Sporadic tracks. They both look coolio.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    I have From The Blue/Point Of No Return, which is pretty good, and Don't Drink The Bottle, which is...less good. I'll have to pick up that Rose Of Jericho track as well.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Ooh, new Amberian Dawn and and new Rose of Jericho. For a moment I thought I had stumbled into one of the older RBN announcement threads!

It's funny, because I haven't yet felt compelled to buy songs from either band outside the game. But they've all been fun to play along with, so I'll picked up those two for sure.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4789268 said:
    I thought we already had Amberian Dawn's whole discography in RB o-o

We did.

So they made a new album.
    edited June 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4789335 said:
    We did.

lol, gotta love them for that :D
    Might buy the new album stuff and some of their past stuff, like some of their stuff, not all though.

(being as im behind on the xbox with their songs.... i like what i heard from the circus black album preview awhile back)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    We did.

That's freaking amazing. I don't like them, but I love that there's a band out there who is excited about Rock Band as we are.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    We did.

Technically we didn't. :p
    edited June 2012
    Well I think they were probably making a new album anyway, no matter what happened in Rock Band. :P
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    DragoonXD;4789364 said:
    Technically we didn't. :p

Technically this is true. There's those two Swedish symphonic songs that won't happen because the RBN doesn't support Swedish yet (though they should, since Sweden is a supported country to put into Magma).
    edited June 2012
    *Finnish

And Finland isn't a country supported by Magma. Rock Band thinks Amberian Dawn are from the USA. :(
    edited June 2012
    Oscarvarium;4789379 said:
    *Finnish

And Finland isn't a country supported by Magma. Rock Band thinks Amberian Dawn are from the USA. :(

Aw, thanks for that correction.

That's right, it's that Hagroth song I'm authoring that has Swedish in it. Don't know how that happened to my brain :/
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4789390 said:
    Aw, thanks for that correction.

That's right, it's that Hagroth song I'm authoring that has Swedish in it. Don't know how that happened to my brain :/

Only English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Japanese are accepted on the RBN, with rare case-by-case exceptions. I recommend ducking the Swedish section in audio or finding a way to get an English-recorded version.
    edited June 2012
    HMXLachesis;4789396 said:
    Only English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Japanese are accepted on the RBN, with rare case-by-case exceptions. I recommend ducking the Swedish section in audio or finding a way to get an English-recorded version.

Thing is, the song's about his teacher, and he uses samples used with his permission of class lessons. They're almost all Swedish, but the teacher wants them charted. But I'm leaving the Swedish uncharted as of now and only charting the English and the one German phrase. The main vocals are all in English.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Oscarvarium;4789370 said:
    Well I think they were probably making a new album anyway, no matter what happened in Rock Band. :P

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • psychic_zebrapsychic_zebra Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    HMXLachesis;4789396 said:

I would suggest recording any and all unchartable sections in a SIXTH dimensional dialect since that obviously has little problem getting through.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Random note about supported languages: Imaginary languages are allowed, just as long as none of the made up words are similar to profanity in any of the standard supported languages. I found this out when I was briefly in talks with Magma, but nothing ended up working out.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    New Rose of Jericho yesssssssssssss :D:D:D:D:D:D

And Endless Sporadic on both sides...good week!
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Rose of Jericho and An Endless Sporadic? Hopefully HMX can try to top that, but I highly doubt it!
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    ok here are the trailers I've done for this weeks announcement

RBN Xbox Trailer
    RBN PS3 Trailer

Hope yall enjoy, let me know if yall have any ideas.
    edited June 2012
    Curious, why is AES song showing up on creators site again, was it pulled?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4790277 said:
    Curious, why is AES song showing up on creators site again, was it pulled?

ohgod
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    No, I don't think so. You're probably thinking of Anything, which was pulled as is probab;y coming back out within a matter of days.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Great week for PS3. Rainbowdragoneyes, An Endless Sporadic and Devin Townsed for sure. Not totally sold on Septicflesh, but I'll certainly consider it since on drums seems pretty cool. I have to listen to it again.

Great stuff, 3 of my most requested songs. As for Xbox Rose Of Jericho jumps out for me.

Impulse best song of the week for both consolles.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Lowlander2;4790287 said:
    No, I don't think so. You're probably thinking of Anything, which was pulled as is probab;y coming back out within a matter of days.

That "blue something or other" song isnt on the store anymore. Or at least I cant find it

Edit: never mind its on the rock band store but not the marketplace. Carry on
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4789401 said:
    Thing is, the song's about his teacher, and he uses samples used with his permission of class lessons. They're almost all Swedish, but the teacher wants them charted. But I'm leaving the Swedish uncharted as of now and only charting the English and the one German phrase. The main vocals are all in English.

At first glance, this sounds like a problem. It doesn't matter whether the vocals are charted or not - it matters that they're in a foreign language and the RBN isn't equipped to evaluate the content. If it's a real language and it can't be evaluated by the RBN, then it can't be in the audio.

However, we're way off topic, and I don't want to take the entire thread over. Feel free to ping me at the regular email address to continue this conversation.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    'X-Y – “Superficial”' sounds pretty good. I'll purchase it when I get a chance.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I'll be getting the songs by Amberian Dawn since they are one of the few metal bands that I actually enjoy.