She Said She Said

Just caught this bit of trivia on ThisDayInMusic.com (an awesome reference site) and figured it may be of interest to a certain poster (and hopefully others as well):
This Day In Music" said:
1966, Working at Abbey Road studios in London, The Beatles recorded from start to finish, a new John Lennon song ‘She Said She Said’. The song was reportedly based on a bizarre conversation that Lennon had with Peter Fonda while John and George Harrison were tripping on LSD.
I always find this kind of thing really interesting, not just the rumors and legends behind the song meanings, but also the production notes. History!

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid is cool she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    Peter Fonda, huh? And this was before Easy Rider? Interesting.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    How kind of you to make a thread about me Henry :p

Yes, the lads dropped acid at Peter Fonda's house (Paul abstained...and interestingly, he doesn't play on the song either, George plays the bass), and Fonda waxed existential, talking about how he "feels like he's never been born."

John's reaction was essentially, "Dude, we're droppin' acid here! Don't tell us that you feel like you've never been born!"

It was always just one of my favorite Beatles songs, aside from the obvious choices, and definitely one I felt deserved to be better known. It's just...such a cool song. Y U NO INCLUDE IN TBRB? :(

:p

When I got my PS3, literally the first hundred things I tried for a PSN name had already been taken. So I started doing song titles. This was the first one that worked. Signed up under the same name here for simplicity's sake. I got a little sick of the "That's what she said!" jokes, so I passed on taking the name for Xbox (it was {and still is} available as a Gamertag). Though some people have correctly taken it to refer to my gender or even that I'm gay, it was never really meant to reveal either. It's just a cool song that I like.

So you put a smile on my face Henry. Thank you :D
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    Where's my trivia fact? That will be one helluva leap to make.
    edited June 2012
    Also I believe the song was originally going to be called "He Said He Said" (never would have been a forum name for me :p ) since it was after all a man behind the story of the song. But much like George's indelible classic "Something" (which was originally "Something in the way he moves me" ... the song is about God after all), it was changed to the female gender in recording.
    edited June 2012
    Wait, what? Something always had "something in the way she moves", it was taken from James Taylors song with that name. Never read about it being about god, but he was big into Hindu so it could be. Rumors have it being about Patti Boyd, and he's gone on to deny that.
    edited June 2012
    I cannot find any evidence for my claim.

Hmm. Maybe somebody was trollin' when they first wrote it. I swear I remember reading that. Ah well.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    I like Aly. She's one cool person.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4789259 said:
    SheSaidSheSaid is cool she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything

>SheSaidSheSaid is cool she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything

>she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything

>doesnt afraid of anything

>doesnt afraid

What.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    dragoninforcer;4789601 said:
    >SheSaidSheSaid is cool she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything

>she posts on the Rock Band forums and doesnt afraid of anything

>doesnt afraid of anything

>doesnt afraid

What.

Not knowing that meme

#scoobydoo
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Henry's posting on this forum spontaneously...

inb4 SPECULATION
  • edschenedschen Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    Nope, neither God, nor Pattie:

http://abbeyrd.net/harrison.htm

Paul Cashmere: Can you tell me about "Something". Now, you wrote that about Patti, is that right?

George Harrison: Well no, I didn't. I just wrote it, and then somebody put together a video. [...] So then, everybody presumed I wrote it about Patti, but actually, when I wrote it, I was thinking of Ray Charles.

Paul Cashmere: He's not as good looking, but well, you know ...

George Harrison: Yeah, but he's a better singer. (Laughs) But that's what I was thinking of. I could hear in my head Ray Charles singing it.
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Reminds me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IaPtrmGCHA

By the way, I've been looking for interviews (preferably video ones) of The Beatles from around the Sgt Pepper era. I've found suprisingly few, so if anyone knows any good ones....
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    CheeseLord;4791455 said:
    Reminds me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IaPtrmGCHA

By the way, I've been looking for interviews (preferably video ones) of The Beatles from around the Sgt Pepper era. I've found suprisingly few, so if anyone knows any good ones....

Not a video interview but some good black and white video footage here...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/music/sites/beatles/pages/bangor-1967.shtml

And describes some interesting events with Mick Jagger :)

This made me lol
    John Lennon - 1967" said:
    Cyn and I were thinking of going to Libya, until this came up. Libya or Bangor? Well, there was no choice, was there?
  • justplainatomjustplainatom Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    I don't listen to Death Cab for Cutie but I always found it interesting that they got their name from Magical Mystery Tour show.
    edited June 2012
    MMT is the best album the beatles made

Where's that riot shield at when you need it?
  • justplainatomjustplainatom Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    I like the album a lot but the movie is probably my favorite Beatle movie. I want it remastered with all the trimmings for Blu ray.
    edited June 2012
    I agree with this statement.