My girlfriend will get a record deal from SONY if she gets 50,000 likes check out vid

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    She has a good voice, and the fact that it has Manowar in the recommended vids made it an insta-like for me :p

don't like the song itself though, instruments seem a bit weak as well. but take it as constructive criticism ;)
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    It was a rather weak song to be honest; I found myself clicking that Manowar link in the recommended vids section within a minute. That being said, your girlfriend is still better than the likes of Ke$ha and other pre-packaged pawns of the corporate music machine.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Gave her a like, she has a great voice! However, the instruments seem kinda low-quality, almost to me like they were made from GarageBand or something. She may want to work on that.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Is anyone buying the premise of this post? How about giving us any reason at all to believe that Sony would do something like that...?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    dont really care, still like her voice
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Good vocals, but with no proof of sony doing such a thing, i'm not liking a video that i thought was just "okay" at best.
  • LordgruntyLordgrunty Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    well, I can tell you that a man named Heath Lanzillotti is the song writer and did the music. He was turned down by SONY for his voice and discovered my girlfriend. This is the first song she has done for him. He's working on songs now suited for her voice. She can do a whole lot more with her voice than this song lets her if you check out her other videos. But yes I'm not some spammer, just trying to help her out by spreading it and remembered about the part of this forum from by beloved rock band days : )
    edited June 2012
    Wow! Now that you present such irrefutable proof, how can I do anything less than believe you!?
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    atalkingfish;4793826 said:
    Wow! Now that you present such irrefutable proof, how can I do anything less than believe you!?

He's been around since before RB1, don't harass your elders.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I wasn't expecting much when I heard it, but wow, I'm blown away! She's amazing!
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I'll just go ahead and ask my 50,000 friends then.
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4793827 said:

hahaha thanks : )

yea guys I guess you don't have to believe it 100% but really why would I be doing this otherwise? lol

This is just a nice way to rack up some views and likes for her : )

She's also working on song for a movie coming out in 2015 called the tiger's eye....or something about a tigers eye lol
    edited June 2012
    TylerFG;4793834 said:
    I wasn't expecting much when I heard it, but wow, I'm blown away! She's amazing!

Thanks so much! Check out her other videos, her singing couch told her she has a "black choir voice" haha
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    edited June 2012
    sorry, called "Tiger's Curse"
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited June 2012
    She has more talent then most artist today. Gave her a like bruther. Good luck
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited June 2012
    She has a great voice! As others have said, the song is weak. But her voice is fantastic! Does she like country music? Because I can see her voice being excellent for soft country or something like that.
    www1221;4794491 said:
    Eye of the Tiger!

Sorry, but the thought of her doing a cover of Eye of the Tiger is hilarious! haha
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Well now there's proof and you responded back I will like it just to watch her career prosper!
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4793827 said:

Anyone can go back to all the forums they've ever joined to promote their selves/their friends with some made up story. You don't have to be a new member to make up stuff.

Seriously, though, why would Sony be like "get enough likes and we'll sign you lol". It's like those facebook forwards.
    edited June 2012
    atalkingfish;4794818 said:
    Anyone can go back to all the forums they've ever joined to promote their selves/their friends with some made up story. You don't have to be a new member to make up stuff.

Seriously, though, why would Sony be like "get enough likes and we'll sign you lol". It's like those facebook forwards.

Im sure there's more to it behind the scenes then simply just getting 50k likes. It's probably more a ploy to see if she can get her name and image out there without them having to do anything. I find it rather hard to believe a guy who was with us before would come back after 4 years just to promote spam. He's not exactly asking you to take his word for it, so it's a take it or leave it scenario.
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4794836 said:
    Im sure there's more to it behind the scenes then simply just getting 50k likes. It's probably more a ploy to see if she can get her name and image out there without them having to do anything. I find it rather hard to believe a guy who was with us before would come back after 4 years just to promote spam. He's not exactly asking you to take his word for it, so it's a take it or leave it scenario.

I see a guy who meets a girl and when she wants to get big, he tries to get her noticed, so he spams all the forums he knows with links to her music. This is not an unreasonable or uncommon scenario.
    edited June 2012
    Its also just a like. Hes not asking you to donate money or even time. Dont know why you are making a big stink out of this.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Lordgrunty;4794485 said:
    her singing couch told her she has a "black choir voice" haha

I remember when I first heard my couch sing. It was nice at first, but once I realized it was singing "Burning Down the House," I gave it away.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    atalkingfish;4794986 said:
    I see a guy who meets a girl and when she wants to get big, he tries to get her noticed, so he spams all the forums he knows with links to her music. This is not an unreasonable or uncommon scenario.

Even if you're right (and yeah, you probably are), so what? We have now had a mod post in this thread without locking it, so that's a good indication that this isn't breaking any rules. Live and let live.
    edited June 2012
    atalkingfish;4794986 said:

This isn't spam at all, he only linked a single video with a request. He's actually come back to "clarify" on his claims, unlike 98% of the other spam posts. I remember when you posted your YouTube videos here asking for more likes/views, which isn't much different. Whether she ever had the chance to be signed is something we will never know, as well if she does overall. As WWW said, it's a minor request that you could simply ignore.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    So wait, she didn't write the lyrics or music to the song she is lending her vocals to? Sorry, but we have enough female vocalists out there who don't write their own lyrics or music.

I did give a listen and think she has a good voice, so I gave her a "like" anyway.
    edited June 2012
    Sargehalo51;4795347 said:
    So wait, she didn't write the lyrics or music to the song she is lending her vocals to? Sorry, but we have enough female vocalists out there who don't write their own lyrics or music.

I did give a listen and think she has a good voice, so I gave her a "like" anyway.

Don't be like that, there are some artists who can write but still require assistance. Can't imagine Beyonce, Eminem or Rhiannon writing all those songs exclusively just to add writing credit for the lulz.
    edited June 2012
    Geddy Lee didnt write the lyrics to the songs he sang. Does that make him any less good(that sounds weird)? No. No it does not.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4795438 said:
    Geddy Lee didnt write the lyrics to the songs he sang. Does that make him any less good(that sounds weird)? No. No it does not.

I can't say if he did or did not, never looked into it. But, if he did not I would imagine that most of the songs he sang were penned (lyrically and/or musically) by one or more of the band members...of which he is a part.

I just take issue with singers or bands that neither write the lyrics nor music to the songs they are singing. Seems cheap to me personally.
    edited June 2012
    Sargehalo51;4795509 said:
    I can't say if he did or did not, never looked into it. But, if he did not I would imagine that most of the songs he sang were penned (lyrically and/or musically) by one or more of the band members...of which he is a part.

I just take issue with singers or bands that neither write the lyrics nor music to the songs they are singing. Seems cheap to me personally.

Neil Peart is the lyricist of Rush. The people writing the lyrics and music for a band or artist are a part of the group. They do as much work as anyone else so the "the person who penned the stuff was in the band so its ok" thing doesnt work.