The best song of the last 60 years is...

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
...Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division?

That's according to British music magazine NME.


SRSLY? I mean....really?

Comments

  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    If any of you knew NME or music lists this wouldn't be a surprise.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2012
    Yeah....Lolopinions and what not but still...over Queen, The Beatles, Floyd, Led Zep, Sabbath, and hundreds of others that I'm not going to list they pick THIS?

    Not that this is a bad song, because it's not...but the best ever?


    NUH. UH.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4793344 said:
    Yeah....Lolopinions and what not but still...over Queen, The Beatles, Floyd, Led Zep, Sabbath, and hundreds of others that I'm not going to list they pick THIS?

    Not that this is a bad song, because it's not...but the best ever?


    NUH. UH.

    Last time I checked NME was geared towards alternative rock and radio alternative in their current writers, so honestly this shouldn't be a surprise. Joy Division is alternative rock and punk royalty.

    1+1=2
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Gowienczyk;4793347 said:
    Last time I checked NME was geared towards alternative rock and radio alternative in their current writers, so honestly this shouldn't be a surprise. Joy Division is alternative rock and punk royalty.

    1+1=2
    just because theres a method to their madness doesnt make this song the best song ever.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4793349 said:
    just because theres a method to their madness doesnt make this song the best song ever.

    Every single list on the internet is "best of" and is full of subjective madness (and alot of the time wrong-minded ignorant schlock). Every. It's painfully pointless to look into a list otherwise to understand it or read it for its own weight.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2012
    Joy Division bores me.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4793215 said:
    obviously wrong. This is the best song of the last 100 years!
    Laugh all you want, but this was actually the first time I had seen or heard this. Previously, I had only heard of it.

    I lasted 43 seconds.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
    Cmon guys, we all know this is the greatest song of the last 60 years.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Numskull;4793369 said:
    Laugh all you want, but this was actually the first time I had seen or heard this. Previously, I had only heard of it.

    I lasted 43 seconds.
    Ive listened to it multiple time, its not as bad a song as people say it is. Its actually really catchy.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2012
    If I had to nominate a song for the whole audience, I wouldn't mind supporting "2112".
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    dragoninforcer;4793376 said:
    Cmon guys, we all know this is the greatest song of the last 60 years.

    Is that song longer than a minute? Because thats where I fell asleep from boredom :D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    Numskull;4793369 said:
    Laugh all you want, but this was actually the first time I had seen or heard this. Previously, I had only heard of it.

    I lasted 43 seconds.

    That's a real limited music experience and appreciation there.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Friday is the worse song in the world.
    Joy Division isn't amazing either... couple good songs by them than i have to shut them off because the singers not spectacular by any means.
    I'd say The Cure is better than Joy Division any day...
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4793397 said:
    Friday is the worse song in the world.

    Not really. It annoys me now but it always reminded me of a blatant parody of a typical pop song these days between the insulting, dumbfounded lyrics and the random rapper appearing after the second chorus.

    I can name worse 2011 songs.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4793397 said:
    Friday is the worse song in the world.

    lolno

    And thats just the first song that came to mind, and I use the term "song" VERY VERY loosely here.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2012
    "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO is worse than five Rebecca Black "Fridays".
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Well WWW, a Rebecca Black album is in the works!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4793410 said:
    Well WWW, a Rebecca Black album is in the works!

    Really? She keeps just releasing singles and I think she's at 5. At the rate she's putting out those songs she will be legal before the album comes out :P
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4793410 said:
    Well WWW, a Rebecca Black album is in the works!

    So that means Friday would be released on RBN?
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2012
    They misspelled "Shadowplay".


    Although, if this was the result an NME readers poll, I'm not surprised about "Love Will Tear Us Apart" taking the top spot because it's a song everyone who's ever been heartbroken and/or depressed over the state of their love life can connect to on some level.

    Edit: It is the result of a readers poll.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4793359 said:
    Joy Division bores me.

    +1.

    I mean, nothing happens in this song. So I can't really call it bad or anything, it's just...well, it's just kinda there.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Numskull;4793369 said:
    Laugh all you want, but this was actually the first time I had seen or heard this. Previously, I had only heard of it.

    I lasted 43 seconds.

    I watched it for the first time, 2 or 3 months ago. Laughed my ass off.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2012
    "Love Will Tear Us Apart" isn't even one of Joy Division's best songs. That honor would go to "She's Lost Control" or "Transmission."

    Joy Division is undoubtedly (objectively-speaking) one of the greatest bands of all-time, though, based purely on influence and impact.

    And to those who don't like Joy Division, watch the movie Control. Everyone, especially non-JD fans, should watch that film at least once in their life. It's beautiful. Ian Curtis is rock n' roll's original tragic hero, that pansy Jim Morrison be damned.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    Runesmith;4793786 said:
    "Love Will Tear Us Apart" isn't even one of Joy Division's best songs. That honor would go to "She's Lost Control" or "Transmission."

    Joy Division is undoubtedly (objectively-speaking) one of the greatest bands of all-time, though, based purely on influence and impact.

    And to those who don't like Joy Division, watch the movie Control. Everyone, especially non-JD fans, should watch that film at least once in their life. It's beautiful. Ian Curtis is rock n' roll's original tragic hero, that pansy Jim Morrison be damned.

    I've got a bag full of yesses to go with this post.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I have no problem with someone telling me a Joy Division is the best song of the last 60 years.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    clashcityrocker10;4793824 said:
    I have no problem with someone telling me a Joy Division is the best song of the last 60 years.

    Mhm, it's pretty refreshing in all honesty.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2012
    I sincerely hope nobody is genuinely upset about a list of songs in a particular order
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    I hate lists, they're spiteful.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Runesmith;4793786 said:
    "Love Will Tear Us Apart" isn't even one of Joy Division's best songs. That honor would go to "She's Lost Control" or "Transmission."

    Joy Division is undoubtedly (objectively-speaking) one of the greatest bands of all-time, though, based purely on influence and impact.

    And to those who don't like Joy Division, watch the movie Control. Everyone, especially non-JD fans, should watch that film at least once in their life. It's beautiful. Ian Curtis is rock n' roll's original tragic hero, that pansy Jim Morrison be damned.

    Diagree 100%.
Sign In or Register to comment.