Cost?

CaptainfaceCaptainface Unsigned
edited July 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Yeah, as I wait patiently for Rock Band Blitz, I can't help but wonder how much it'll cost. I mean, I know it's going to be a downloadable title, which is usually like... 800-1200 MS points or $10-$15, but I'm just unsure, mainly because I got a bunch of Xbox Live points recently and I feel like getting some other stuff but I wanna save some for the game.

Any ideas what it may cost?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    nope, no info about it yet.

max. would be 1600 MSP so $20
    my guess is going to be 1200
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2012
    It's not coming out till like August/September so I wouldn't worry about it now, just buy more points then, and just get a 1600 point card around then because if it doesn't cost 1600 you can just use the rest of it on songs for the game.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    I thought the title of this thread was "Coast" and really had NO clue what to expect.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I can't see any reason why they WOULDN'T charge less than 1600MSP.

For those that want the songs mainly; a 25 "various artists" song pack to play on RB3 for 1600MSP is a pretty sweet deal, although HMX if you do set the cost lower, It'd be a great help to those who already spend hundreds of points on your DLC week after week. :p
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    V8VANTAGE;4796741 said:
    I can't see any reason why they WOULDN'T charge less than 1600MSP.

For those that want the songs mainly; a 25 "various artists" song pack to play on RB3 for 1600MSP is a pretty sweet deal, although HMX if you do set the cost lower, It'd be a great help to those who already spend hundreds of points on your DLC week after week. :p
    I hope you realize how low 'hundreds week after week' is.
    edited June 2012
    I SPEND 440 POINTS A WEEK! IM GOING TO GO BROKE!

caps
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4796788 said:

caps

I've been averaging spending about 600-700 MS points a week on new DLC (more if you include buying older stuff I didn't get, but there isn't much of that anymore - I've got all the stuff I wanted. :D ).

Yeah I figure 1600 points myself - although 1200 would be awesome. I'll get it whatever the price. The game itself I'm looking forward to, and the tracklist has been one of the best I've seen for a while - I actually like every song announced so far.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    For 20+ (exportable) songs, and full DLC backward compatibility, I think 1600 ($20) is perfectly fair.
  • AntimonAntimon Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    One of the guys was quoted inan interview at E3 i think as "when we discussed csot in a meeting and we decided on the price, we were like, really....we're giving it away for that little? ok then" or something

So While, $20 would be the expected normal pricepoint, I have a fealing we might see this for $10. I think the main point of this project is to bring in a new audience for the growing DLC dataabase. Not many new copies of the game are getting sold, a lot of people do not play anymore that used to, so I suspect DLC sales are slumping, kinda verififed with I notice my scores are ranked higher on newer tracks, IE less people played them. So I'm pretty sure this is their way to introduce a new audience to the Library, and therefore they do not want the price to be a barrier. I'm not sure the RB3 fanbase si really their target, but it has the secondary effect of a here ya go, thanks for being Loyal.

It would be cool though if it had an optional mode, all the lanes are live and you can score using the keyboard.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4796788 said:

caps

I wish I only spent that much a week.

Dang blasted Rock Band Network won't stop putting out awesome music >___>

#firstworldproblems
  • edited June 2012
    We haven't announced any specific pricing beyond the fact that it will be comparable with other XBLA / PSN titles. At the end of the day, it's going to be significantly cheaper than if these songs were released as regular DLC.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    hmxhenry;4797614 said:
    At the end of the day, it's going to be significantly cheaper than if these songs were released as regular DLC.
    *Lowlander2 uses Reading Between The Lines*
    *IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!*

1600 MSP/$20. Calling it now, not that I had any reason to doubt before.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    hmxhenry;4797614 said:
    We haven't announced any specific pricing beyond the fact that it will be comparable with other XBLA / PSN titles. At the end of the day, it's going to be significantly cheaper than if these songs were released as regular DLC.

When are you going to announce more? Wheeeennnnnnnn?? :p Seriously, though, what's keeping the game from being released? It looks pretty done.

And I should hope it's cheaper than if the songs were DLC. I'm not paying $50 for it, no matter what the remainder of the soundtrack is.
  • edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4797749 said:
    When are you going to announce more? Wheeeennnnnnnn?? :p Seriously, though, what's keeping the game from being released? It looks pretty done.

And I should hope it's cheaper than if the songs were DLC. I'm not paying $50 for it, no matter what the remainder of the soundtrack is.
    They said more info would be in the next newsletter (tomorrow?) And if the game is done it has to go through internal testing with Microsoft and Sony still.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4797755 said:
    They said more info would be in the next newsletter (tomorrow?) And if the game is done it has to go through internal testing with Microsoft and Sony still.

The Newsletter is biweekly so it wont becoming until next week.
  • edited June 2012
    www1221;4797824 said:
    The Newsletter is biweekly so it wont becoming until next week.

Wasn't sure if there was one last week.
  • edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4797749 said:

There is a big difference between "looks pretty done" and "is done". We hit show floors with very isolated builds featuring only a small number of songs and limited power ups. It's a totally different beast in the real world, off the show floor with thousands of songs compatible and the full game firing on all cylinders. And, regardless of our progress, we still need to have Microsoft and Sony test, approve and schedule it for release since we can't just release things willy nilly on our own.
    MagicMurderBag7;4797755 said:

The newsletter is coming next week. There may not be RB Blitz news in every newsletter, but we'll definitely be making announcements there when they're ready.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    You guys are still sending newsletters? I have not gotten one since RB3 came out. Is there something I need to do to get back on the list?
  • blackheartstarblackheartstar Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    randrac;4797866 said:
    You guys are still sending newsletters? I have not gotten one since RB3 came out. Is there something I need to do to get back on the list?
    Say here. Need to start getting these again!
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited June 2012
    Seeing how it's going to have 25 songs coming with it and it cost 2 dollars a song.

that's 50 right there. Plus the blitz coming with it, Add another 10 bucks.

I say 60 bucks download price.
    edited June 2012
    Hogan2000;4798337 said:
    Seeing how it's going to have 25 songs coming with it and it cost 2 dollars a song.

that's 50 right there. Plus the blitz coming with it, Add another 10 bucks.

I say 60 bucks download price.

Not possible.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Didn't hmxhenry say somewhere that it's going to be significantly cheaper than if all the songs were DLC, and the price will be comparable to other XBLA games? Like, somewhere in this single-page thread?
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4798338 said:
    Not possible.

Think about it bruther... It's sort of like we are buying DLC since we can play it on Rock Band 3 too.
    edited June 2012
    Hogan2000;4798345 said:
    Think about it bruther... It's sort of like we are buying DLC since we can play it on Rock Band 3 too.

Aaron said it was going to be cheaper than if you bought the songs by themselves and the limit for xbla games is $20
    edited June 2012
    By that logic, Rock Band 3 should have cost $260 for just the game.
    edited June 2012
    I don't see how it's possible if they sell each song for $1.25 a piece and make money off of it.
    edited June 2012
    That's if the game is 20 bucks.
    edited June 2012
    Because nobody is going to buy an XBLA game for the same price as a major retail game.
    edited June 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4798411 said:
    Because nobody is going to buy an XBLA game for the same price as a major retail game.

And they cant make it that much.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    I don't see why it matters what you can understand, Hogan. You don't know how much the songs cost to acquire, the game to develop, or the projected sales and projected 'DLC bump' the game will cause.

So yeah. You not understanding doesn't mean it's $60.