RBN DLC Discussion: 6/28/2012 (Xbox), 7/3/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited July 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Metal

Chaotrope – “Chiasm” (80 MSP)
Fail Emotions – “Wasted” (80 MSP)
Psychostick – “Political Bum” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

The Guild feat. Felicia Day – “(I’m the One That’s) Cool” (80 MSP)
JOANovARC – “Say Sayonara (English version)” (160 MSP)
JOANovARC – “Say Sayonara (Japanese version)” (160 MSP)

Prog

Freen in Green – “Frontier Factory: Remanufactured” (80 MSP)

Punk

SIMPL3JACK – “O-Ren” (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska

Lil Deuce Deuce – “I Like Trains” (80 MSP)

Rock

Distant Autumn – “Edge of Town” (80 MSP)
Sin Dirección – “AY” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/3/2012 (North America) and 7/4/2012 (Europe)

Before Nine – “I” ($1.99) – Alternative
Ultra Vomit – “Je Collectionne des Canards (Vivants)” ($1.99) – Punk
The Faceless – “XenoChrist” ($1.99) – Metal
Gatling – “Absolute” ($0.99) – Prog
Asking Alexandria – “Hey There Mr. Brooks (RB3 version)” ($1.99) – Metal

Comments

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2012
    "I Like Trains" was kinda catchy. I may get that one before it's over with.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    ERG had I Like Trains doe before I even fell asleep yesterday. I thought it came last week.

Port over the Chaotrope song (and all the others) and I'm good. Nothing jumps out at me on the PS3 side, but I got 3 good ones last week so I'm happy right now.
  • edited June 2012
    Since when are "asshat" and "b****" censored?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    Bought Anything instantly.
    Considering buying I Like Trains, even though I haven't bought Amazing Horse and I like that song better (it just seems so horrible on everything).

I'll listen to the rest of the songs when I'm not on an empty stomach.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I can't remember the gatling song but I'll get everything else this week. Great stuff. Xenochrist, finally, and Ultravomit, totally unexpected.

Fantastic week for PS3.

As for xbox, Psychostick, JoanofARC... good stuff.
  • edited June 2012
    Nothing that strikes my fancy on either system this week. Oh well, I still haven't gotten around to playing the 5 songs I picked up in the past two weeks, so I'm good.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4798006 said:
    Since when are "asshat" and "b****" censored?

"B****" is censored sometimes and left uncensored other times depending on usage/frequency/etc.

"Asshat" being censored makes me not want to buy the song, even though it's just a dollar. I'm fine with censoring when it makes sense (as in most RATM songs), but silly censoring like this just irritates me and would probably get in the way of me enjoying the song.
  • edited June 2012
    Magnet;4798124 said:
    "B****" is censored sometimes and left uncensored other times depending on usage/frequency/etc.

"Asshat" being censored makes me not want to buy the song, even though it's just a dollar. I'm fine with censoring when it makes sense (as in most RATM songs), but silly censoring like this just irritates me and would probably get in the way of me enjoying the song.

If Hair of the Dog can say it a million times I don't see why this song can't say it like 4 times and "asshat" being censored kind of took away from the song a bit. Especially because they left "hat".
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I bought O-ren & Anything (again).
    Definitely buying all Endless Sporadic, such a GOOD band!

Going to grab the Freen in Green song later.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4798167 said:
    If Hair of the Dog can say it a million times I don't see why this song can't say it like 4 times and "asshat" being censored kind of took away from the song a bit. Especially because they left "hat".
    When I played Hair of the Dog, I was like "wait, did he really say what I think he said?" the first time to "I can't believe this got through" by the end of it :p
  • RyoandrRyoandr Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    YES !!! LES CANARDS VIVANTS !!

At least ! :D
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Well here are the trailers for this week

Xbox Trailer
    PS3 Trailer

Wanna be apart of the band just send a message to me on how to create your character and which instrument, beside bass and which system Xbox or PS3 and you just might be in the next trailer.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    This week is pretty good. I'm definitely getting I Like Trains, Political Bum and Chiasm. The PS3 side looks decent, too, with the good Gatling song and XenoChrist.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I'd totally buy the JOANovarc song if it was 80 pts, but I'll pass for now. Looking forward to next week, though!
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    (I'm the One That's) Cool Pro keys chart. Really fun keyboard track, nice range of single note riffs and a few easy chords.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Before Nine and Gatling from the PS3 section. Holy hell these two are amazing, they alone are worth a whole week's worth of releases!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    The Guild feat. Felicia Day – “(I’m the One That’s) Cool” (80 MSP)
    Lil Deuce Deuce – “I Like Trains” (80 MSP)

These 2 picks for me this week :)
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited July 2012
    So who wants to bet that sales of (I'm The One That's) Cool are going to triple now?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2012
    What happened to make it triple? Was it tweeted or talked about somewhere outside of the norm?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited July 2012
    Felicia Day was definitely tweeted a lot about over the past 24 hours. It's something outside of the scope of the RBN and this topic, but the story itself is easy enough to find.

Essentially, my post was a half joke.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    "I Like Trains" and "(I’m the One That’s) Cool" need to come out for the PS3 IMMEDIATELY.

Post Haste.

Ergo Propter Hoc.

Ipso Facto, Summa *** Laude, Omnibus.

Exeunt.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Dangimarocker;4798422 said:
    I bought O-ren & Anything (again).
    Definitely buying all Endless Sporadic, such a GOOD band!

Going to grab the Freen in Green song later.
    Hey, Thanks a bunch!

Was totally stoked for An Endless Sporadic as well!
  • DanDominationDanDomination Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    So here are a bunch of heavy bands, anywhere from post-hardcore to hardcore/metalcore that i think are NEEDED on rockband

Abandon All Ships, the air i breathe, as blood runs black, as i lay dying, attila, bermuda, born of osiris, bring me the horizon, the browning, bury your dead, chelsea grin, children of bodom, circle of contempt, the color morale, the crimson armada, D.R.U.G.S, emmure, enter shikari, for all those sleeping, FOR THE FALLEN DREAMS, for today, the ghost inside, glass cloud, greeley estates, i see stars, i the breather, impending doom, in flames, king conquer, Legend, like moths to flames, memphis may fire, miss may i, mychildren mybride, obey the brave, oceano, of mice & men, a skylit drive, structures, texas in july, thy art is murder, upon a burning body, veil of maya, vildjharta, Volumes, We came as romans, the word alive, and most importantly local bands i know personally who are all freaking amazing Icon & anchor, Substructure, and In the midst of lions!! please at least put some of these bands up for download
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    a) This thread is for discussion of this week's RBN releases, not for making requests.
    b) Several of those bands already have several songs available on RBN, or through official DLC.
    c) Why don't you try contacting some of them yourself? See if they're interested and then refer them to an authoring group.
    d) ????
    e) Profit!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Dan: Did you read the post above? You would have a much better time if you created a new thread or perhaps contact those bands yourself.

MMB7: Spam normally involves dodgy links, so I assume he has not understood.

---

Does anyone else think "I like trains" is undertiered on pro-drums? Or is it just one of those beats that I personally fail at?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    DanDomination;4805292 said:
    bring me the horizon, chelsea grin, memphis may fire, miss may i, mychildren mybride, oceano, of mice & men, a skylit drive, texas in july, veil of maya, the word alive,

Do you have an Xbox? All of these bands have at least one song on Rock Band via the RBN.

Also, this isn't a request thread, as others have said. This is simply a thread to discuss things that came out last Thursday.