Lamb of God frontman arrested for manslaughter

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
As the band prepared to play a show in the Czech Republic, their lead singer Randy Blythe was taken into custody based on an incident that took place at their last show in the Czech Republic two years prior. A fan rushed the stage and was either pushed off or was hit on his head by a microphone, sustained serious brain injury, fell into a coma, and died. Prosecutors are seeking to remand Blythe into custody.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    Ehh I dont see anything really happening to him, but there was a twitter petition thing started and those things annoy me almost as much as the facebook like things D:
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    The guy rushed the stage repeatedly (as eye witnesses say). Granted, a lot of fans do crazy things at concerts and stage diving is one of them, but you can't take any chances. Randy probably didn't know what this guy was going to do (crazy guy repeatedly trying to get on stage probably drunk or high), so he pushed him off the stage as self defense. Unfortunately these days, you can't have people rushing the stage especially after what happened to Dimebag. Unless Lamb of God allows fans to get up on stage with them without being prompted to, the security at the event should have kept the guy from getting to the stage in the first place. I don't see him getting charged with anything unless another eye witness comes up with another story, he should get off clean.
    edited June 2012
    Killing your fans at your concert is not a good business move.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I don't think it was really his fault. I think it would be fairly obvious if Blythe hit the guy with a microphone. Just too bad for the fan, I suppose. I wonder if that show had any stagedive-wranglers there to prevent people from hurting themselves while stage diving...
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4800334 said:
    I'm sure Lamb of God will still be just as popular as they were before although the public opinion of the metal community takes yet another plunge...
  • edited June 2012
    www1221;4800334 said:

Just ask Sugarland.
    edited June 2012
    They should write a song about this.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    If someone is repeatedly running at you on stage, i'd do the same thing!
    I mean that crazy man could of stabbed the fellar!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    The thing is, when you're performing in a metal band, you don't sit there reverently and just sing in a mic. A fan shouldn't make multiple attempts to get on a stage after getting hit in the face with a mic. It's not the band's fault, it's the fan's own stupidity.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Sounds like a Special Olympian kept trying to get on stage... ...and wasn't wearing his/her helmet.
    Mega-Tallica;4800339 said:
    I'm sure Lamb of God will still be just as popular as they were before although the public opinion of the metal community takes yet another plunge...

The public opinion of the metal community from those that don't like it is already at an all-time low.
    edited June 2012
    darkwinterbeast8;4800605 said:

The public opinion of the metal community from those that don't like it is already at an all-time low.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this fuels some loud-mouth conservative to write an article about how bad metal is for people and that it makes you think bad thoughts and that it's devil's music and that it makes people commit suicide, talk bad, dress bad, it's a disgrace to humanity, etc etc etc. The usual stuff people like to spread their verbal diarrhea about.
    edited June 2012
    Mega-Tallica;4800615 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if this fuels some loud-mouth conservative to write an article about how bad metal is for people and that it makes you think bad thoughts and that it's devil's music and that it makes people commit suicide, talk bad, dress bad, it's a disgrace to humanity, etc etc etc. The usual stuff people like to spread their verbal diarrhea about.

I won't be surprised if Fox News Channel's blowhard idiot pundits use this as a rallying cry for their odd beliefs and rants. Then they'll hang out with their friend Ted Nugent the following week.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2012

Hopefully Machinehead will write "Aesthetics of Hate Redux" about it.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited June 2012
    Normally I like the Czech's to be in the news for something good, rarely does that ever happen.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    darkwinterbeast8;4800694 said:
    I won't be surprised if Fox News Channel's blowhard idiot pundits use this as a rallying cry for their odd beliefs and rants. Then they'll hang out with their friend Ted Nugent the following week.

They're too busy working themselves into a purple-faced frenzy about how the Affordable Care Act (or "Obamacare," as it is known to the mentally deficient) is the worst thing to happen in America since a black man became president. And I for one am loving it.

As for the manslaughter arrest, it sounds like a clear-cut case of self-defense based on the article, and I hope it gets treated like one. I would not have wished death on the audience member for his unruly antics, but I certainly don't feel sorry for him either.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012

Reminds me so much of the West Memphis 3 story...
    I cannot stand people who bash people over what they wear or what they listen to.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited July 2012
    Bail was set at 4 million koruna (about $200,000), believed to be Blythe's annual income, as he is considered a flight risk. Blythe apparently was not aware that the fan had died until he was arrested, and he has expressed remorse for the incident.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited July 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4801490 said:
    Bail was set at 4 million koruna (about $200,000)

That was what freaked me out about Czech money. When I got 2000 koruna out at an ATM, it felt like so much, but it was actually $110.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited July 2012
    Witticus;4801491 said:
    That was what freaked me out about Czech money. When I got 2000 koruna out at an ATM, it felt like so much, but it was actually $110.

Don't go to Japan :p
    edited July 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4801492 said:
    Don't go to Japan :p

"Id like a piece of gum please"
    "That will be 8 billion yen"
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited July 2012
    www1221;4801555 said:
    "Id like a piece of gum please"
    "That will be 8 billion yen"

that is way too much...

it is slightly more than 100 yen per dollar
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    www1221;4800334 said:

It worked for The Who.
    edited July 2012
    lvmathemagician;4801951 said:
    It worked for The Who.

Didn't The Who break up less than 5 years after that incident in Cincinnati?
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited July 2012
    darkwinterbeast8;4803102 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're making more money now than they ever did when together thanks to CSI and Pete's addiction to licensing.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    darkwinterbeast8;4803102 said:
    Five years is a long time. How long did The Beatles last?
    edited July 2012
    Based off this video, it looks like Randy pretty much threw him off the stage or pushed him really hard and nobody caught him and he must have hit his head pretty hard on the floor to cause brain trauma.