Music Videos in Rockband

joey9210joey9210 Unsigned
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I think it would be cool if we had music videos while playing. (Atleast for the songs that do have music videos) It would be nice for when you share your game and are only watching others play.

Comments

  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    then they would have to also license the music video would probably involves another group of people on top of the people they are already dealing with for the songs themselves. Also I dont like how the music video thing looks in other games.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Oh, but we have those crappy music video venues...
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited July 2012
    DerLindwurm;4800938 said:
    Oh, but we have those crappy music video venues...
    No-budget green-screen in front of really generic backgrounds.

    Would any real band be proud of such a video?
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited July 2012
    Wrong forum section, buddy.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited July 2012
    dragoninforcer;4801306 said:
    Wrong forum section, buddy.
    I don't think he's listening. Look at his avatar. :D
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    dragoninforcer;4801306 said:
    Wrong forum section, buddy.

    I could swear this was in the Rock Band section yesterday...
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4801297 said:
    No-budget green-screen in front of really generic backgrounds.

    Would any real band be proud of such a video?

    I know I've said this plenty of times, but it's always been on the RB forum and no where else.

    Instead of those cheesy chromakey style seizure causing abominations, the "music video" venues should be a montage of the random cut scenes and stage performances.

    So, when you're band is performing in a "music video" you would see them in the diner, or in a limo or eating pizza or walking on the train tracks or any of the dozens of canned scenes you see when you're not actually playing with a stage performance "cut in" between them.

    That would be more like a real music video (instead of a throwback to MTV's first month on cable).
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2012
    I prefer seeing my characters to seeing the regular music video. Even if the are the "video venues."
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I'd love to be able to create my own music videos. You know, choose all the effects, or making sprites do stuff... that would be awesome.

    And no, I don't want original music videos. I prefer having my own charachters playing.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2012
    I think it's awesome that RBN authors can pick and choose the animations for songs they author. I'm sure it's tedious as hell, but if giving the option, I would make so many "choreographed" music videos.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited July 2012
    skyp1e;4803471 said:
    I know I've said this plenty of times, but it's always been on the RB forum and no where else.

    Instead of those cheesy chromakey style seizure causing abominations, the "music video" venues should be a montage of the random cut scenes and stage performances.

    So, when you're band is performing in a "music video" you would see them in the diner, or in a limo or eating pizza or walking on the train tracks or any of the dozens of canned scenes you see when you're not actually playing with a stage performance "cut in" between them.

    That would be more like a real music video (instead of a throwback to MTV's first month on cable).
    I think that would be a great idea. Maybe have a few themes for the scenes, like metal warriors or hard-partying punks. General enough to fit a few genres, without being generic like the current video shoots are.

    If any RB video shoot was a throwback to early 80s music videos, it would be the RB2 white room (White Wedding). The chroma key was a luxury back then.
    BohemianMatt;4803479 said:
    I think it's awesome that RBN authors can pick and choose the animations for songs they author. I'm sure it's tedious as hell, but if giving the option, I would make so many "choreographed" music videos.
    I'd leave the choreography to Dance Central. ;)

    But maybe with an extended set of directed cuts, this would be fun to make and fun to watch. Just intersperse it with enough free choice non-directed cuts to keep it from being completely scripted like Guitar Hero.

    Character attitudes would benefit both.


    Oh great, I turned it into the new animation thread. :D You can't keep us down!
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    that would take up even more space on my hard drive. do not want.
Sign In or Register to comment.