DLC Discussion Week of 7/10 - Daughtry 3 Pack

edited July 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4785322 said:
Hey gang,

Since their introduction to the music world six years ago, singer-songwriter Chris Daughtry and the eponymous rock outfit Daughtry have already made an indelible mark on music history. The band’s self-titled debut album has the honor of being the fastest selling rock debut in SoundScan history, they can point to four Grammy Award nominations, and they’ve scored four number one hits. Now, on July 10th, Daughtry makes their long-awaited debut in Rock Band!

“Daughtry Pack 01” opens with “It’s Not Over,” the first single from the band’s 2006 debut record, Daughtry. “No Surprise,” from 2009’s follow-up album, Leave This Town, is also included in the pack, with an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade also available. Finally, from 2011’s Break the Spell, the hard-edged “Crawling Back to You” closes out this rocking pack of hits!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 10th, 2012):

• Daughtry – “It’s Not Over”
• Daughtry – “No Surprise” O X
• Daughtry – “Crawling Back to You” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 11th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Daughtry Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

We all knew it was coming, and now it's here. Discuss!

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    Getting It's not Over, but the rest is not getting bought by me.

Also, "No Surprise"

HMX, you evil geniuses!

Way to announce 23 minutes early, though.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Called it.

also, pass. Definitely not my cup of tea.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Meh. Not my type of music.

Thankfully, I still have a ton of back catalog stuff to get from my Rock Band hiatus. Here I come, So Lonely and Blood and Thunder!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited July 2012
    Another week of me not being interested in coming back to the DLC, shame. But the Daughtry was coming, everyone knew it. As for my opinion on the material in more detail? Eh... I personally loathe modern post-grunge (with few exceptions), so I'm struggling being neutral here.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2012
    Just a reminder over here :

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230399

We're doing the all day RBN announcement thread.

We've already announced a classic 70's song (and the thread just started). So when you guys get done yelling at each other about what sub sub sub genre of metal Chad Kroeger's hair belongs to, and how any band from American Idol isn't really a band, then pop on by and check out what your favorite RBN authoring gnomes are going to be bringing to Rock Band in the coming months!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Buying all as usual, a bit disappointed about no "What I Want". All we have to wait for now is the Blitz announcement.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    BRACE FOR IMPACT PEOPLE!

Ill be buying this pack so HA!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    Prepare your flame shields, men, for this is about to get really messy.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    No What I Want D:
    But we do get It's Not Over! :D
  • edited July 2012
    Jerry Naylor and Jonathan Coulton!!!! Amazing week!!!!

*ignoring the real announcement*
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry;4807526 said:
    And here, I'll help kickstart conversation: "No Surprise" was co written by Chad Kroeger of Nickelback. DISCUSS!

"This week's DLC is Nickelback. Need I say any more?"

I really kind of wanted What I Want.

*sigh*
    edited July 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4807537 said:
    Prepare your flame shields, men, for this is about to get really messy.

Second Wave Post-Grunge is one of the most hated rock music out there, so yeah.
  • jimmychoujimmychou Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    This is not Vampire Weekend.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Gowienczyk;4807542 said:
    Second Wave Post-Grunge is one of the most hated rock music out there, so yeah.

But the masses love it, so it will definitely make HMX some much-needed moolah.
  • edited July 2012
    jimmychou;4807543 said:

It can be if you mute your TV while playing.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    jimmychou;4807543 said:

This is not my beautiful wife!

Speaking of...my wife will enjoy this Daughtry pack.

THE STREAK THUS ENDETH.
    edited July 2012
    sonicnerd23;4807546 said:
    But the masses love it, so it will definitely make HMX some much-needed moolah.

Depending how new DLC sells as of late, yeah, I definitely see the common uncritical individual buying this in bulk.
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry;4807526 said:
    And here, I'll help kickstart conversation: "No Surprise" was co written by Chad Kroeger of Nickelback. DISCUSS!

Chad Kroeger is a god amongst men. We should all aspire to his shining example.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4807533 said:
    Just a reminder over here :

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230399

We're doing the all day RBN announcement thread.

We've already announced a classic 70's song (and the thread just started). So when you guys get done yelling at each other about what sub sub sub genre of metal Chad Kroeger's hair belongs to, and how any band from American Idol isn't really a band, then pop on by and check out what your favorite RBN authoring gnomes are going to be bringing to Rock Band in the coming months!

If I may state for the record, I'm more of a rabbit than a gnome, thank you very much.
  • RiffrockratRiffrockrat Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Depending how new DLC sells as of late, yeah, I definitely see the common uncritical individual buying this in bulk.
    Someone has inferior critical skills because they like something you dislike. Very mature.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I don't care about Daughtry, but I'll buy it, and someday I'll enjoy it, because I enjoy Rockband.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited July 2012
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4807539 said:
    Jerry Naylor and Jonathan Coulton!!!! Amazing week!!!!

*ignoring the real announcement*
    They always say that the RBN is just as important a part of the Rock Band experience as the main DLC - it's all real! And I think there have been three weeks this year that I've bought RBN songs and no others, and that never happened before 2012.

Daughtry has a very impressive singing voice, I can't even pretend to sing these songs (which is usually how I pick what I'm buying). If one of my friends requests one of these I would buy it.
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry - I heard a rumor that some classic rockish stuff is coming within the next 6 weeks.

Confirm/deny/no comment?
    edited July 2012
    Riffrockrat;4807556 said:
    Someone has inferior critical skills because they like something you dislike. Very mature.

How's that imagination of yours? Because that's not what I said at all.
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Getting "It's Not Over," which continues my streak of at least 1 song for what is this now, an 8th week, so I can't complain.

I was shocked that I actually knew the three songs that were picked but yeah, no thanks on the other two.
    "No Surprise" was co written by Chad Kroeger of Nickelback.
    Well, that explains why it sucks....
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited July 2012

You should use that quote, but not now, because no one in this topic fits that mould yet.
  • RiffrockratRiffrockrat Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    How's that imagination of yours? Because that's not what I said at all.
    You said those who would buy the songs were "common" and "uncritical". "Uncritical" is not a comment on their critical skills?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited July 2012

the only criticism most people who buy/listen to radio pop/rock have is: "does it sound nice/catchy"

he never said it was really a bad thing, all he said that most people are not so critical in how "good" a band is. they just care if the song sounds nice/catchy. and that those "most people" will probably buy this
    edited July 2012
    Riffrockrat;4807567 said:
    You said those who would buy the songs were "common" and "uncritical". "Uncritical" is not a comment on their critical skills?

How is the common (the average, the masses) not very noncritical? and I'm sure there are people who buy it who do not fit into the "common masses" slot I was talking about. You are imagining insults that are not there and in thus insulting in your own manner.

Not every poster is out to insult, antagonize or demean you.