San Diego's 4th of July Fireworks Fail

arniejoltarniejolt Weird-Huey Lewis
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I just don't know what went wrong...

When most of the country was going ooh and aah over Fourth of July fireworks displays, San Diego spectators were treated to a spectacle that lit up the night sky -- for all of 15 seconds.

Thousands had gathered at beaches and parks to catch a glimpse of the annual "Big Bay Boom" show on Wednesday night. Some camped out for hours to see the fireworks that ignite around the San Diego Bay on Independence Day.

An unknown glitch caused the fireworks to explode all at once, botching the show and bewildering spectators.

Others fled into the night as four big balls lit up before their scheduled time, adding to the confusion.

The Big Bay Boom was a Big Bay bust.

The rest of the article along with video of the oops at cnn:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/05/us/california-fireworks-bust/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Was anybody there to witness this?

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Hahahahahahahaha.

That story just made my day.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2012
    I have a friend who was in the area, I'll ask if she saw this.
  • boodeanboodean Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    At least you seen some here in Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana, they banned all firework shows and all personal fireworks cause it is so dry. We have not had a good amount of rain in a long time and now thay say if and when we get some rain were still not getting any fireworks. Cheap Son of B***h.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2012
    boodean;4806147 said:
    At least you seen some here in Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana, they banned all firework shows and all personal fireworks cause it is so dry. We have not had a good amount of rain in a long time and now thay say if and when we get some rain were still not getting any fireworks. Cheap Son of B***h.

My part of MI said **** it and has lighting off all kinds of illegal ones for two weeks now.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2012
    boodean;4806147 said:
    At least you seen some here in Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana, they banned all firework shows and all personal fireworks cause it is so dry.

I know where I am moving.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Our fireworks displays caused the grass by where they were launching the fireworks to catch on fire. More people were looking at the flames on the ground than the fireworks in the air. Then again, pyrotechnics getting caught on fire to Whitney Houston songs just sounds entertaining in themselves. Luckily there were plenty of firefighters right there.