RBN Community Spotlight : July 2012

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited July 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey gang!

It's another month and since three fourths of America is about to spontaneously combust I'll shut up and get this thing going!

We're starting off with a song that we're pretty sure everyone has heard at one point or another.

Maybe even Cipher O_o

This song from back in the seventies (yes I said seventies) has been used in countless commercials and it's usually one of OH that song....errr...songs.

This is a song for summer so I see no better place to start.

This is Brand New Key by Melanie :
http://youtu.be/p02DgHeGdyI

We've got more coming throughout the day and I know the other authors will be here to knock your socks off (RBN runs on socks if you didn't know), so stay tuned!

Comments

• agentcoop007agentcoop007 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    All i have to ask is when will This is Brand New Key by Melanie be in RBN? cause its an instabuy for us :)
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited July 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4807488 said:

Awesome. Better than 90+% of the stuff HMX has put out in last 3+ months.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2012
    I don't think Cipher's going to know it. I don't think I even know it. Even after being told where I'm supposed to know it from, it sounds only vaguely familiar. It's a nice song though.
  • mcfro19mcfro19 Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    "Brand New Key"! That's awesome. Better than the current official DLC.

I just hope it makes it over to PSN (you wouldn't keep something that good just for the XBox would you?:))
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2012
    Holy crap. How come I only know the Rasputina cover of Brand New Key?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    LuigiHann;4807604 said:
    I don't think Cipher's going to know it. I don't think I even know it. Even after being told where I'm supposed to know it from, it sounds only vaguely familiar. It's a nice song though.

Same here. Can't really say I'd recognise it. Nice song, though, will probably get it.
  • agentcoop007agentcoop007 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Come on guys! have none of you seen "Boogie Nights"? Its the theme to roller girl :) Heather Graham's **** FTW!

Edit: Should I have said Boobs instead?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2012
    Here's a band that has such an insanely unique sound (at least to me), that I am ecstatic to help bring their music to a wider audience through the RBN.

"After being virtually unknown a few months ago, Art By Numbers has taken the Progressive/metal/rock scene by storm with the release of their debut album "Reticence: The Musical". It has received a ton of critical acclaim early on due to their astounding technical proficiency and the fresh brand of unique all-singing vocal work by frontman Anthony James. The band is drawing many comparisons to The Mars Volta, Muse, Protest The Hero, and Circa Survive."

This song just sounds so damn fun. Even I can't wait to play this one in game ;)

This is Art by Numbers with their song Best Laid Plans :
    http://youtu.be/1GPzVphAPys
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    Marlboro;4807575 said:

You haven't seen Jackass 3D?
    Of course not!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Marlboro;4807575 said:
    You haven't seen Jackass 3D?

Oh hey, yeah! I think I heard it on there.

And speaking of Jackass, I'm still anxiously awaiting this.
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Holy moly, Brand New Key coming to RBN? That's incredible! If I could buy 20 copies, I would. Nice job!!

Is it the original master recording? I'm surprised the recording's in good enough shape for Rock Band, such great news! And great to hear more Dillinger Escape Plan's on the way.
    edited July 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4807640 said:

The Used + a slight splash of "core" and/or "prog".

Love it :D
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2012

This sounds so awesome I can't even describe it. This makes up for at least 3 Daughtry packs.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012

Not sure how I missed that one. I'm loving the bass part on it.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4807671 said:
    The Used + a slight splash of "core" and/or "prog".

Love it :D

Oh man. You said "The Used" Now I'm excited.
    Can't wait til after work to listen to these songs.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    agentcoop007;4807626 said:
    Come on guys! have none of you seen "Boogie Nights"? Its the theme to roller girl :) Heather Graham's **** FTW!

Edit: Should I have said Boobs instead?
    agentcoop007 - I filled in the blank with a number of four letter alternatives...and happily enough, they all worked!
    edited July 2012
    b4mv;4807681 said:
    Oh man. You said "The Used" Now I'm excited.
    Can't wait til after work to listen to these songs.

Yeah. It reminded me of Paralyzed a lot.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4807696 said:
    Yeah. It reminded me of Paralyzed a lot.

It's funny because that's my favorite song off Lies For The Liars.
    I get to see them next Friday. :D
    edited July 2012
    Here's game play footage from a previously announced artist.

This is Majesty from Ava Inferi :
    http://youtu.be/Ib_8iY9xn68
  • GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Time for my second and last gameplay video. This is for Unicron's "Broken Vessels." Note that the original intent was to show the band how the instruments are going, but they told me to show it off. There's noe vocals yet, but they're in the backing track.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    GigakoopsRBN;4807709 said:
    Time for my second and last gameplay video. This is for Unicron's "Broken Vessels." Note that the original intent was to show the band how the instruments are going, but they told me to show it off. There's noe vocals yet, but they're in the backing track.

Yay, another song I'm excited for!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2012

Fantastic grab! Although I'll be singing the wurzel lyrics :)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Alright, we're go for four total artist announcements. We've got one preview of a previously announced song, then announcements for two new artists and one returning one. As per usual, we're giving away free MSP codes to people who can answer quick guessing-game questions about our next announcements! To not clog this thread with all that, head over here to play! We'll make all our announcements in this community thread.
    edited July 2012
    We're happy to announce we've got yet another partner we're working with to bring you the best and brightest new bands from around the world!

We're working with Welkin Entertainment http://www.facebook.com/welkinentertainment to bring you more of the music you're craving.

We're starting off with a phenomenal band that we're sure any true metal fan is going to thoroughly enjoy.

I'm talking about Ne Obliviscaris!

"Formed in 2003, Ne Obliviscaris (pronounced; Nay Ob-li-vis-kar-is) hit the live scene February 2006 to widespread critical acclaim with many hailing their unique sound, intense live shows and extremely talented line-up. Hailing from Melbourne, Australia, Ne Obliviscaris include a vast array of influences within their sound for progressive to black, thrash, death and melodic metal, and even western art music, jazz and flamenco. Creating music of many extremes, and with compositions often exceeding ten minutes in length, their sound is at times very technical and complex and at others simple and subtle, creating and extremely original brand of metal that defies normal categorisation.
    After several years in the making, Ne Obliviscaris’ debut album has finally been completed. ‘Portal Of I’ was produced by violinist/clean vocalist Tim Charles, and co-produced and engineered by Troy McCosker at Pony Music Studio, Melbourne, Australia and mixed and mastered at Fascination Street Studios, Sweden, by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Ihsahn, Katatonia, Devin Townsend). Featuring 7 diverse songs and almost 72 minutes in length, Ne Obliviscaris have created an album that is unlike any other."

We're starting off with their TEN MINUTE epic song " Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise" : http://youtu.be/WMRKBz89uRQ

There will be more to come from both Ne Obliviscaris and Welkin Entertainment so stay tuned for future announcements for more info on bands and songs coming to Rock Band Network and Rock Band Blitz!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4807769 said:
    We've happy to announce we've got yet another partner we're working with to bring you the best and brightest new bands from around the world!

We're working with Welkin Entertainment http://www.facebook.com/welkinentertainment to bring you more of the music you're craving.

We're starting off with a phenomenal band that we're sure any true metal fan is going to thoroughly enjoy.

I'm talking about Ne Obliviscaris!

"Formed in 2003, Ne Obliviscaris (pronounced; Nay Ob-li-vis-kar-is) hit the live scene February 2006 to widespread critical acclaim with many hailing their unique sound, intense live shows and extremely talented line-up. Hailing from Melbourne, Australia, Ne Obliviscaris include a vast array of influences within their sound for progressive to black, thrash, death and melodic metal, and even western art music, jazz and flamenco. Creating music of many extremes, and with compositions often exceeding ten minutes in length, their sound is at times very technical and complex and at others simple and subtle, creating and extremely original brand of metal that defies normal categorisation.
    After several years in the making, Ne Obliviscaris’ debut album has finally been completed. ‘Portal Of I’ was produced by violinist/clean vocalist Tim Charles, and co-produced and engineered by Troy McCosker at Pony Music Studio, Melbourne, Australia and mixed and mastered at Fascination Street Studios, Sweden, by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Ihsahn, Katatonia, Devin Townsend). Featuring 7 diverse songs and almost 72 minutes in length, Ne Obliviscaris have created an album that is unlike any other."

We're starting off with their TEN MINUTE epic song " Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise" : http://youtu.be/WMRKBz89uRQ

There will be more to come from both Ne Obliviscaris and Welkin Entertainment so stay tuned for future announcements for more info on bands and songs coming to Rock Band Network and Rock Band Blitz!

You have no idea how excited I am... I am literally tearing up...
    edited July 2012
    TubaDude49;4807492 said:
    Can't quite make my announcement yet, since the stems are still incoming, but I've got a pair of tracks from a returning RBN artist(of my favorite genre) upcoming that I haven't announced yet.

No guesses... :(
    edited July 2012
    What's your favorite genre Tuba?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Our first reveal is a previously announced song. Well, we previously announced the artist and put the song’s title in our thread, but details.

Anyways, we’re proud to show off gameplay footage for the KharmaGuess remix of “Lunatic” by Christina Marie Magenta! This remix won a contest back in April and the winner got $300, some CMM swag, and a spot on the remix album compiling the top choices from the contest. We also got to author it for Rock Band! It’s a hard rock remix, which makes for a very different type of song than you’re used to hearing from CMM normally.

Check it out!
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2012

bought
    edited July 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4807801 said:
    What's your favorite genre Tuba?

Pretty sure that would make things too easy...