Donations for Rainbowdragoneyes/Magic Hammer

DoofiestDoofzDoofiestDoofz Unsigned
edited August 2012 in The Rock Band Network
So I sent the Rainbowdragoneyes guy an e-mail talking about a few things, one of the things being about Magic Hammer, his other band. I remember talking to Arcanon of Chart Toppers and he told me Rainbowdragoneyes actually lost the stems for the Magic Hammer songs in a flood, and he can redeem his hard drives as long as he gets the money. He sent me an e-mail with the link to the kickstarter, and honestly, he needs to get it back. We need Magic Hammer.

Here's the link to Magic Hammer's bandcamp, which has the album "Most Extreme Ultimate Thunder." My favourite songs off that album are "Dance On Fire: Retribution," "Blooddrunk," "Pills I Took," "I'm Gonna Get You," and "The Trident Ov Power."

That CD is full of his style of music, but instead of having a bit of a death metal feel, like the Rainbowdragoneyes songs, it's more of an upbeat, happy style music.

Please, support Rainbowdragoneyes, keep chiptune alive. Support Magic Hammer. Buy the CD, support the resurrection.

Donate here.

EDIT: I was informed "kickstarter" was not the right term. Please call it whatever you'd like.

EDIT x2: He told me not to call it chiptune, but to call it 'extreme dance music.'

Comments

• DoofiestDoofzDoofiestDoofz Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Bump.

Thanks to HMXHenry for putting this thread back up.

So far, $66 out of $520 is raised! Please donate.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    A few other things to mention:

-This is a fixed fundraiser, like Kickstarter does. As in, if the $520 isn't raised, they get nothing.
    -If you donate $10 or more, you can cast your vote for a song from the album to come to RBN, and if the recovery is successful it will happen. So there's a very high chance that the entire album could come to RBN.
    -If Magic Hammer exceed their fundraising goal, then the remainder of the money will be used to help create the next Magic Hammer album (Most Extreme Ultimate Phoenix), among other things.

So yeah. This music is all kinds of awesome and I'd love to bring it to you guys. But we need those masters first!
  • DoofiestDoofzDoofiestDoofz Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Arcanon for adding up the rest I missed out on!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    DoofiestDoofz;4822725 said:

So all those people that donated on Indiegogo, now just wasted their money (since he won't probably end up getting any of it)...

EDIT: Oh nevermind..
    The bad news (for me) is if I don’t meet the $520 goal, you get your money back and I get nothing. I’m guessing we won’t hit that goal, so you will get your money back on August 6, rain or shine.
    edited July 2012
    DoofiestDoofz;4822725 said:

This is most excellent news to come home to. Now to hope for the recovery to be successful.
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    it does suck eric lost the magic hammer stems in the flood i actually tried getting him to release some more stuff on rbn as well in the past. would love to get blooddrunk (jonny aune from twisted tower dire is the vocalist in this one), nitro, master ov time, and dance on fire are the main magic hammer songs i really want. oh and he currently drums for swashbuckle as of last year
    edited August 2012
    Svarta Varg;4832152 said:
    it does suck eric lost the magic hammer stems in the flood i actually tried getting him to release some more stuff on rbn as well in the past. would love to get blooddrunk (jonny aune from twisted tower dire is the vocalist in this one), nitro, master ov time, and dance on fire are the main magic hammer songs i really want. oh and he currently drums for swashbuckle as of last year

Eric and Swashbuckle actually played in my town last night. Regrettably, I had to miss it. :(

I really hope the data recovery goes well, so we can bring some much-needed Magic Hammer tracks to the game. Since he's honoring the wishes of the people who donated (donating $10 grants the right to select the Magic Hammer track you want to see in RBN), I'm really hoping at least one different track from the album was chosen by everyone so we could do the whole thing. Though, I hope that'll happen regardless; I love the album in its entirety and would love nothing more than to put the whole thing in the game (well, except the cover of Pills I Took and the remixes of Dance on Fire, of course).
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    yea and personally i think dance on fire would fit the best with the game but i really want blooddrunk (would be fun to sing on rock band) would be funny if we got meat let's party id buy it that instant and try not to mess up do to the funny lyrics while singing
    edited August 2012
    Svarta Varg;4832234 said:
    yea and personally i think dance on fire would fit the best with the game but i really want blooddrunk (would be fun to sing on rock band) would be funny if we got meat let's party id buy it that instant and try not to mess up do to the funny lyrics while singing

YOU'VE GOT A POUND OF BEEF JUST STARIN' BACK AT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    IT IS NOT SEASONED WELL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd love this too. Thing is, it was written about A1 Steak Sauce for a contest, so I'm not sure it's legally allowable in RBN. I can check, but I'm not hopeful about it.