Become Hmxhenry's best friend with Gallows?

JustingreendayJustingreenday Unsigned
edited July 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Regarding a recent tweet exchange regarding having some Gallows in the game. Any authors fancy getting some of these?

Aaron Trites ‏@HMXhenry
@justin8680 I would love for this to happen. Maybe in RBN.

If someone was able to get these, im sure he'd be your best friend for a bit :P

Their debut album was released through a UK label called "Deep end records" Website and contact details here.. http://www.iatde.com/ before their second was done with Warner making it highly doubtful for anything from that. Im pretty sure "Belly of a shark" was in one of the early guitar hero games, so its possible....

Gallows are pretty much a hardcore punk band

Some tracks worth listening
Abandon Ship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7r8j1NjNCE

Come friendly bombs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2rAdNUwb0

Belly of a shark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVNOd9hy9YA

Any takers?

Comments

• DoofiestDoofzDoofiestDoofz Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    I remember seeing them for my first concert. Missed my favourite song by them because I was in the basement meeting AFI (my favourite band) at the time. They're seriously awesome.

The Riverbed
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited July 2012
    if you want Henry to be your best friend you need to get Hatebeak or Caninus in the game
  • JustingreendayJustingreenday Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Yeah shame Frank left, really good band, would love it if we got at least one song. Great live too amazing atmosphere
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    I like root beer and rock band Im pretty sure Im already his best friend.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I know for sure I'm not his best friend.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    dragoninforcer;4810132 said:
    Yeah, I know for sure I'm not his best friend.

You've been a bad boy!
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    I can't wait until HMXHenry sees this thread. lol
  • edited July 2012
    I back this idea 110% because I am selfish and greedy and self motivated.

But yeah, if anyone were to make this happen I'd be happy to throw a bunch of promotion behind it. I've had some talks with our Music Ops team about setting up some kind of "bounty program" for RBN where HMXers would essentially put together a wishlist of (realistic) bands that we personally would like to see in the game, where the authoring group that secured them getting some manner of swag or DLC codes in addition to the additional promotion for the tracks and bragging rights. There was some mixed reaction to the idea of turning RBN into a race or a competition, but I'm still kicking the idea around.

Also, yes, Gallows, please.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Justingreenday;4810021 said:
    Im pretty sure "Belly of a shark" was in one of the early guitar hero games
    It was in GH3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOtzCZZJJo
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Well, seeing as I still haven't secured a GH song, I might as well try for this one.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry;4812022 said:

But yeah, if anyone were to make this happen I'd be happy to throw a bunch of promotion behind it. I've had some talks with our Music Ops team about setting up some kind of "bounty program" for RBN where HMXers would essentially put together a wishlist of (realistic) bands that we personally would like to see in the game, where the authoring group that secured them getting some manner of swag or DLC codes in addition to the additional promotion for the tracks and bragging rights. There was some mixed reaction to the idea of turning RBN into a race or a competition, but I'm still kicking the idea around.

I support this idea, send me codes for getting Alternative Tentacle to release Jello Biafra's music.:p
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry;4812022 said:

I love this idea! I think some kind of lottery style or other allocation system might be in order as just listing a bunch of bands may lead to multiple authors going after the same band and leading to communication issues between authors and the constant bugging of said band to be on the RBN.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    I'm also totally into this idea. I don't know why, but it seems like lots of fun. Hopefully it won't lead to less than happy cooperation between charters.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if anybody else had tried, but I tried emailing both Deep End, and the bands management, last October and never heard from either.

If a certain someone who's been speaking to them wants to try to get them to prod their management to get back to us *nudge nudge Henry*, then maybe they'll be down for it?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Arcanon;4812107 said:
    Well, seeing as I still haven't secured a GH song, I might as well try for this one.

Ever tried for "Cliffs Of Dover"? That's my #1 song I've wanted to see in RB. I never went for it because I had always hoped HMX would give it Pro Guitar, but even without that, if you snagged it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I'd love to see Gallows. Wade McNeil is their current singer (former Alexisonfire) and right now they're 300% more awesome.

Still, Orchestra of Wolves is their best record thus far.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    ASPKev;4812415 said:
    Not sure if anybody else had tried, but I tried emailing both Deep End, and the bands management, last October and never heard from either.

If a certain someone who's been speaking to them wants to try to get them to prod their management to get back to us *nudge nudge Henry*, then maybe they'll be down for it?

It's a lucky thing they JUST finished recording their new album on a small independent label stationed a 20 minute drive from HMX headquarters.
    edited July 2012
    Zemanator;4812685 said:
    It's a lucky thing they JUST finished recording their new album on a small independent label stationed a 20 minute drive from HMX headquarters.

SShhh, that's looking promising. No one else contact them please, I've already started the process.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    TubaDude49;4812428 said:
    Ever tried for "Cliffs Of Dover"? That's my #1 song I've wanted to see in RB. I never went for it because I had always hoped HMX would give it Pro Guitar, but even without that, if you snagged it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The album that song is on is on Capitol Records, owned by EMI, so I don't see it happening for RBN. Sad, as I'd love it too.

I got a reply from In At The Deep End saying that I need to contact Warner for Gallows-related stuff, which has me believe that Warner now has the rights to the album that "In The Belly of a Shark" is on. And since I have no connections at Warner and, well, it's Warner, I doubt I'll be able to get it.

So it looks like Gallows will have to be only the new album if TAG can get it, unless someone can somehow convince Warner to let their Gallows stuff happen.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Arcanon;4813236 said:
    The album that song is on is on Capitol Records, owned by EMI, so I don't see it happening for RBN. Sad, as I'd love it too.

I got a reply from In At The Deep End saying that I need to contact Warner for Gallows-related stuff, which has me believe that Warner now has the rights to the album that "In The Belly of a Shark" is on. And since I have no connections at Warner and, well, it's Warner, I doubt I'll be able to get it.

So it looks like Gallows will have to be only the new album if TAG can get it, unless someone can somehow convince Warner to let their Gallows stuff happen.

Damn, I would have loved In the Belly of a Shark
    edited July 2012
    Arcanon;4813236 said:
    unless someone can somehow convince Warner to let their Gallows stuff happen.

Pfft someone tell me when hell freezes over and then I'll send the email.

On the plus side Wade from Alexisonfire is involved in their new stuff.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Another plus side; unless I read way too much into their little press release about their new label, that new label of theirs, Venn Records, is their own band led label.
    edited July 2012
    ASPKev;4813338 said:
    Another plus side; unless I read way too much into their little press release about their new label, that new label of theirs, Venn Records, is their own band led label.

They don't have the US and Canada rights though. I'm already dealing with the label that does.
  • JustingreendayJustingreenday Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Ah thats really gutting that Warner are now hold the rights to the album. What happened to the good old days when albums stayed with the labels.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Justingreenday;4817136 said:
    Ah thats really gutting that Warner are now hold the rights to the album. What happened to the good old days when albums stayed with the labels.

They washed away thanks to today's greediness.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    Dangimarocker;4817729 said:
    They washed away thanks to today's greediness.
    :I
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2012
    whoa, didn't know that Wade was their singer now

pretty cool

speaking of Wade, how about some Black Lungs?
  • edited July 2012
    Zemanator;4812685 said:
    Catch-22;4812831 said:
    SShhh, that's looking promising. No one else contact them please, I've already started the process.

Psst, I interned with that label for almost 2 years. :)

They are the absolute best dudes, and the whole label has stacks of stuff that I would love to see in RBN, including a few big punk acts that should do very well. I pitched them on RBN right before the program launched and they were extremely interested, but they move at 100 miles an hour and have a ton of work to do for an indie hardcore label. But last I spoke with them the interest was there, so hopefully you're able to make some headway.
    edited July 2012
    hmxhenry;4818678 said:
    Psst, I interned with that label for almost 2 years. :)

They are the absolute best dudes, and the whole label has stacks of stuff that I would love to see in RBN, including a few big punk acts that should do very well. I pitched them on RBN right before the program launched and they were extremely interested, but they move at 100 miles an hour and have a ton of work to do for an indie hardcore label. But last I spoke with them the interest was there, so hopefully you're able to make some headway.

They have indeed shown interest and the process is moving forward.
  • edited July 2012
    Catch-22;4818696 said:
    They have indeed shown interest and the process is moving forward.

EXCCCCCCEELLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEENT.

Drop me a line via PM if there's anything I can do to help, more advice wise with the label and their roster I mean.