Nucleose's First Impressions

NucleoseNucleose Opening Act
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
You guys can show me whatever. I might also consider putting up a general recommendation every once in a while. Hopefully I can find even more music to like here.

I'll also do first impressions of other things, like games or anything else I'll have free access to.

Comments

• ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2012
    I'd link it, but you'll have a better job looking it up since iPhone only sees 1/4 of the videos on YouTube

Genesis -- Supper's Ready

Off you go
  • NucleoseNucleose Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    You are just the most clever person around here aren't you
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    Nucleose;4810622 said:

No thats Witt
    edited July 2012
    Nucleose;4810622 said:

I edited that post, just wanted first reply. You're friends with Cipher yet you have the audacity to say this, I am at a loss of words.
    edited July 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4810625 said:
    I edited that post, just wanted first reply. You're friends with Cipher yet you have the audacity to say this, I am at a loss of words.

Dude I hardly ever understand what you're saying to me. I can't tell if you're trying to insult me or what.

Anyway

Holy **** this is long. The vocals are nice, so far nothing particularly special. The guitar backing is nice when it's more focused on. This is dragging a bit. God why would you suggest something this long first, this is like the time Cipher made me listen to 2112, what a nightmare. Okay it's getting back into a groove, hmm, the vocals are taking a turn I was never too fond of around the 5 minutes mark. Another lull. Picks up again at 6:30. Not bad, but I don't feel anything very interesting now.

All right, I do tend to have a problem with songs like this, because while I've always been a fan of progressive style music that has it's own storyboarding and flow to it, they never seem to have the material to make it all genuinely interesting. This feels more like there should be a story going on in a foreground while the music is supplementing it, but there's no foreground. It all feels flat.

I also-okay 12:30 is ****ing great. Hold on let me enjoy this. Okay see that's actually another highlight I have trouble with. Listening to a song just for that one section that's interesting. It definitely builds up for a nice finish, but I don't personally find it to be enough to redeem the entire 22 minutes.

TL;DR: 10+ minute songs tend to fail to impress me for not having enough interesting material to actually be worth the time. This is unfortunately not one of the exceptions. I'd rather songs this long not be suggested too often, I will still listen but they will be low priority.
    edited July 2012
    Nucleose;4810650 said:
    Dude I hardly ever understand what you're saying to me. I can't tell if you're trying to insult me or what.

Anyway

TL;DR: 10+ minute songs tend to fail to impress me for not having enough interesting material to actually be worth the time. This is unfortunately not one of the exceptions. I'd rather songs this long not be suggested too often, I will still listen but they will be low priority.

I can come off as an ass, but you're fine.

I suggested this first mainly to see how dedicated you were to this thread, well done.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited July 2012
    www1221;4810624 said:
    No thats Witt

Name drop!!! I'm also really narcissistic and find these things like Easter eggs!

I think at this point I should make a first impression thread that critiques the growing number of first impression threads.
  • edited July 2012
    2 is such a large number.
    edited July 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4810666 said:
    2 is such a large number.

It starts with 2 and then everyone thinks they should have a first impression thread.
    edited July 2012
    When people mentioned Cipher's, I'd assumed more people had one. Only me and him having one makes me feel weird about this.

And I'm in the middle of playing Continuity now, over halfway done, will write something soonish
    edited July 2012
    Witticus;4810668 said:
    It starts with 2 and then everyone thinks they should have a first impression thread.

We're at 3 now...
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4810694 said:
    We're at 3 now...
    In the 3rd one you attacked a poor man for only being friends with girls. SO RUDE!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited July 2012
    Since Cipher just ignored it, I'd like to hear your input on this song too.

Senator John Dean - Never Fall Away
    edited July 2012
    Nucleose;4810688 said:
    When people mentioned Cipher's, I'd assumed more people had one. Only me and him having one makes me feel weird about this.

And I'm in the middle of playing Continuity now, over halfway done, will write something soonish

For some odd reason people like watching him compare Slayer to Dragonforce and other questionable logic. It's not a good thing, it's more like watching the special olympics, adorable but a bit sad.
    edited July 2012
    www1221;4810697 said:
    In the 3rd one you attacked a poor man for only being friends with girls. SO RUDE!

Doesn't say much about the person.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited July 2012
    Here's two smooth cuts of ska-jazz for my "first" entry here, continuing to expect interesting comments like prior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1wVdjvZ_xU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pnuyKT4wo4
This discussion has been closed.