Latest Hobby

DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I came up with an idea to make an entire movie, stop motion style. That idea is still in the works as this takes forever. I love stop motion photography, it's a fun hobby, and film editing process is a lot of fun too. In fact the whole process is an interesting hobby, from writing the story, taking the photos, editing the special effects, and meshing it altogether to make a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaBDUC7Ht4

The entire processes was done by me which is cool, but suffers in certain areas. As I am not a voice actor, it lacks in this area. Also, I wish I had the means to make a custom soundtrack.

In any case, what are some of your hobbies. And do show off.

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited July 2012
    Well done. I chuckled at a few parts... The pirate spinning around, and after the building was torched how it took about 20 shots to take down the last pirate.

Keep at it.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Nice job. Very well edited and good sound (the first attack + my wearing headphones made me think someone was breaking in lol). I've tried my own luck at stop motion before, but I've found it time-consuming and difficult, and I'm very impatient so I kinda just gave it up.

If you're wanting other hobbies, I'll give one of my own: I paint race cars for the PC video game I own, NR2003. It's probably one of the strongest NASCAR PC racing games on the market with people creating different paints as well as different looks of cars that even expand to outside places like IRL and ARCA. I got into the painting around December last year just as a test run and found it really enjoyable. Here's one of my early paints, not my greatest but it's late and I don't want to load up the other computer. I've probably painted about 25 cars since starting, but I've gotten faster at the actual painting, it just depends on what kind of time I have to come up with designs.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I wish I had NR2003. Those modded tracks have always looked so cool. Especially the Stunt Track. Where did you get the game and how much?
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited July 2012
    nascargo19;4812901 said:
    Where did you get the game and how much?

I got the game from eBay in 2008, used but still good condition, for $85 which is honestly probably undervalued for what it should have been at that time. Currently, it's listed minimally at $100 inside the country, about half the price internationally. I also recently decided to get a steering wheel because driving on the keyboard sucks. I got a Logitech Driving Force GT, which is compatible with both PS3 and PC cause they both have a USB port, but it's not an ideal NASCAR racing wheel, I was just looking for the cheapest wheel possible. It says this wheel is $150 new on the Logitech market, but I'm almost positive I got it heavily discounted at an electronics store, maybe new, about $80.

I can say it was an excellent investment. I know a couple of websites that would be great places to get different mods and paint designs if you decide to buy. And of course I take paint requests in case you want your own look ;)
  • DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    My wife came up with a pretty cool idea to make up for the lack of talented voice work. Get some people from this forum to voice some characters.

If anyone wants to record some voice work, just email it to me and I can add it in. Feel free to ad lib.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    i pick up random hobbies.

this summer i started doing animation. i also started making my own yogurt. for a while i was making pi
  • DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    [QUOTE=topdrawer;4814287]i pick up random hobbies.

this summer i started doing animation. i also started making my own yogurt. for a while i was making pi
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    DAMdude;4814603 said:
    What kind of animation? This is something I looked in to but realized how time consuming it was, and never started.

it is very time consuming, but it's enjoyable. it is very hard to get started, that's why i'm taking a class just for the urgency of having to complete something, or else i would end up doing nothing. i'm doing traditional animation, paper and pencil.