What band did you go see for your first concert?

sourdaddyjonessourdaddyjones Opening Act
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
My first concert was the opening night (2nd leg of the Tour) in Tucson, Arizona of the Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood World Tour '89/'90 on November 16, 1989. The opening band was Warrant, just FYI.

Curious on what other people went to go see as their first live concert.

Comments

• RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    My first concert was the Roger Waters Wall Live Tour '11/12 in Denver, on May 7th, 2012. No opening band.

and it was very insane, and very good too.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2012
    I guess my first official concert was NiN for their *Beside you in time* tour. Saw them at the Bell Center in Montreal.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2012
    My first really big concert (attended by more that 5,000 people) was the Jonas Brothers. I saw them at the Scotiabank Place in Ottawa during their 2009 tour.

And it.

Was.

EPIC.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2012
    It was....

Wait for it.....

LE-GEN-DARY
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2012
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited July 2012
    Disturbed and Damageplan on the Believe album tour at Starland Ballroom back when I was like 12/13.

It was a few months before Dimebag was shot, so I'm one of the lucky that can say they've seen Dimebag perform live before his untimely death.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2012
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited July 2012
    Rush - Signals tour.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    The only one I've ever been to was some mall concert tour in 2009. It was some pop band I don't remember and the only reason I went was because they had a Guitar Hero 5 demo there. I really do want to go to another concert sometime soon though, but most of the bands I like are either British, or haven't been here in years. (Like a certain Power Pop band I'm obsessed with...)
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    First big concert was Me In Motion, Nevertheless, and Stellar Kart a few years back. Since then I've seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra three times, and All-American Rejects, Taking Back Sunday, with Black Tide as the opening band.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Lollapalooza 97

Orbital, Devo, The Prodigy, The Orb, Tool, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Tricky, James, Julian Marley and Damian Marley and the Uprising Band.

I didnt see any side stage bands. Tool and Snoop Dogg were the highlights.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited July 2012
    Britney Spears...

*hangs head in shame*

a friend of mine took me and i was just a little kid!!!!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2012
    First band I ever saw live was my brother's punk band at a record store across from the high school I would later go to.

First mainstream concert I went to was Against Me.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    jibjqrkl;4815185 said:
    Britney Spears...

*hangs head in shame*

a friend of mine took me and i was just a little kid!!!!
    Was she wearing a cool snake at least?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    jibjqrkl;4815185 said:
    Britney Spears...
    wss
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2012
    Tim McGraw with Kenny Chesney opening, I was in Jr High I didn't know any better!
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I think my first large concert was Sting (Nothing Like the Sun tour, Toronto, 1988). Before that, some local punk bands in small venues in London, Ont.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    I know I've said in the past that I've never been to a concert...

But now I'm getting memories of seeing a country artist at Jamboree In the Hills... I think it was Alan Jackson... but I was way too young to remember.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Before February of last year the only concerts I were able to go to were the free local ones that the city I live in hold every summer. I wasn't able to go to a major concert unless I bought the tickets myself, so I wasn't able to do that until I got a job and started college two years ago.

My first major concert was an annual music festival that my friend's university holds, so last year I got to see Against Me, Travie McCoy and The Dirty Heads. I gotta say, Against Me put on an amazing show (the mosh pit was pretty wild) and the Dirty Heads were great too. Travie McCoy was also pretty good, but he came off kinda snarky between songs so that was kind of a downer.
  • edited July 2012
    RosaFloydGuy;4814920 said:
    My first concert was the Roger Waters Wall Live Tour '11/12 in Denver, on May 7th, 2012. No opening band.

and it was very insane, and very good too.

Wow, Roger Waters was my first concert in 1985.
  • edited July 2012
    sillystou;4814949 said:
    It was....

Wait for it.....

LE-GEN-DARY

Barney? 5000 people is nothing compared to the 80,000 deep I was in for KISS!
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    mercuryshadow09;4815567 said:
    Wow, Roger Waters was my first concert in 1985.

I'll bet he was just as good then as he is now, if not better.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    My first concert wasnt even a month ago. Maybe it was. My first concert was a unexpected free concert from Big & Rich at Michigan International Speedway after my first nascar natiowdide series race. (seen sprint cup there 4 times before) Unfortanatley, I don't really care for B&R that much. Only recognized the one guy because he was on Celebrety Apprentace. Only song I really know from them is "Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)" and that got overplayed back then. I like country music, just not them so much, so I just kinda stood there the entire time. Kid Rock was expected to be there, but he couldn't make it. It's a shame because I would have liked his stuff a little better.
    sourdaddyjones;4814919 said:
    My first concert was the opening night (2nd leg of the Tour) in Tucson, Arizona of the Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood World Tour '89/'90 on November 16, 1989. The opening band was Warrant, just FYI.

Curious on what other people went to go see as their first live concert.
    You saw them exactly six years before I was born :D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited July 2012
    Symphony X in 2007, I think.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4815202 said:
    Tim McGraw with Kenny Chesney opening, I was in Jr High I didn't know any better!

I've been listening to Kenny alot lately. Mainly his older stuff that I had already known. He'd be a better country singer to see live IMO.
    LiveHomeVideo;4815498 said:
    I know I've said in the past that I've never been to a concert...

But now I'm getting memories of seeing a country artist at Jamboree In the Hills... I think it was Alan Jackson... but I was way too young to remember.

I lied about my first concert being B&R. It was actually Alan Jackson as well. Only issue was that I was too young I don't remember any of it. I have a very slight memory of being in the front row and him giving me a guitar pick in exchange for the M&Ms I gave him. But even that seems wrong.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Puddle of Mudd, Instruction, and Classic Case on St. Patty's Day 2004. I was a freshman in high school at the time, and only knew of Puddle, but the tickets were free and I ended up enjoying the show quite a bit. Instruction and Classic Case are much better than PoM, though.
  • edited July 2012
    Live during their Throwing Copper tour, ie: back when their music was still pretty good.

First prog gig was Marillion the year after during their Afraid of Sunlight tour.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2012
    No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom '97 tour, Nassau Colosseum. I still have the t-shirts somewhere. The Vandals (awesome) and Toy Soldiers (less awesome) opened. I was 16, my little brother 13, Mom drove us there and says she watched That Old Feeling (thanks, IMDb!) while waiting to pick us up. This also meant we needed to leave early, while No Doubt was on their second encore (Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da).

A few years later, Mom bought me the No Doubt Boom Box for Christmas, which included a DVD of that tour (probably one of the Orange County concerts) which hits all the right nostalgia spots for me.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2012
    KISS

Same concert... Bob Seger and my first intro to the great band, who I still love, J Geils Band.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I think my first big concert was some country festival in '96 or '97 where I got to see LeAnn Rimes and a few other big-named acts. I'm not a big country fan, so I don't remember who was there, but it was pretty cool. Shortly after that I saw Aerosmith on their Nine Lives tour.