Rock Band Blitz sorting in RB3

billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
edited July 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
In RB2 the Lego songs were all sorted as DLC because they came out late in the RB2 lifetime and it wasn't worth the time to make a patch. Is Blitz going to have the same problem in RB3 (being sorted under DLC not Blitz) or is HMX going to patch RB3 to make it work.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    Blitz will be sorted as DLC.
    No they will not patch it.
    And Im oretty sure Lego was always sorted as Lego unless they patched it beforeI bought the game.
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    In RB2 the lego songs were sorted as DLC. In RB3 they got sorted by Lego.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2012
    Blitz songs are actually RB3 DLC format. It was the easiest way to support instant playability in both games. As a result the songs will sort as DLC in RB3.

In Blitz they appear under their own heading, separate from DLC.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Well that poses a question as to whether the existing DLC sorts like it does in RB3. e.g. do Lego Rockband and Greenday Rockband show up under their own headings or is it all listed as "DLC"?
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4819755 said:
    Blitz songs are actually RB3 DLC format. It was the easiest way to support instant playability in both games. As a result the songs will sort as DLC in RB3.

If/when RB4 comes out, will Blitz get it's own sorting section?
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    metalkorn;4819761 said:
    Well that poses a question as to whether the existing DLC sorts like it does in RB3. e.g. do Lego Rockband and Greenday Rockband show up under their own headings or is it all listed as "DLC"?
    They show up under their own headings.

EDIT: Oh, you meant in Blitz, not in RB3. Nevermind...
  • MusashiMusashi Unsigned
    edited July 2012

This here is what I figured. I'm also guessing that when a player buys Blitz and starts the download, 2 items will be DLed: The Blitz game, and a RB3 track pack.

I've sometimes wondered if Rock Band 3 uses a list-lookup function, a source tag on the data object, or a combination of both to determine a song's source. If a Rock Band 4 is ever produced, a list-lookup might be added to list Blitz as a song source.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    I wish Rock Band: Blitz would be sorted into it's own category, just as I wish the Track Pack discs (if downloaded in their entirety) and the Rock Band 2 20-Pack were in their own groups.

I always sort my library by "Date Acquired" (which is somewhat broken on 360 anyway), and "Previously Acquired" is always miserable to wade through.

Hopefully, if Rock Band 3 is ever patched again for any reason (adding in the other two removed RB1 songs, fixing various bugs, reducing the volume of menu sound effects, making way for a Beatles export (wishful thinking), etc.) they'll add in a Blitz tag.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2012

Eh, that was predictable.

That's why we need a way to create our own sorting in RB3. I have a lot of friends that wants to play old GHIII or GHII songs, and it's not exactly easy to show them everything.

Whatever, i'm goin' off topic.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2012
    It is going to be a little obnoxious on 360, where even sorting by Date Added is only going to show 20 of the songs even on the day the game is installed...

I can understand not implementing a fully dynamic "source" string in the song files, since the queries to actually compare and filter them would become a lot more complicated than just having an integer assigned to a hard-coded filter (or however you did it), but it's too bad that you didn't have a couple of extra source slots programmed into the game to future-proof it... maybe just an "other" source that could have caught this. Oh well. It is what it is
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    LuigiHann;4831277 said:
    It is going to be a little obnoxious on 360, where even sorting by Date Added is only going to show 20 of the songs even on the day the game is installed...
    Well, at least the first time you play them you can sort by play count and they'll all be in the "0" batch.