Brony Authoring Group - News & Announcements Thread

edited June 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hello Bronies and non-bronies alike! We here at Brony Authoring Group aim to bring some of the amazing talent from the Brony Community to the Rock Band Network for all to enjoy.

Please direct any requests you have to the Requests Thread

Note: For any songs we announce that feature samples/clips from the show My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic, know that those will be removed from the song due to copyright reasons.

==================================================

Available on the Rock Band Music Store
None

In Playtesting
All Levels at Once - Pony Should Pony Pony
[Listen] [Gameplay Preview]

Nightmare Lyre & Point Zero - Spirits of the Everfree

Poni1Kenobi - The Party Hasn't Ended

Authoring or Awaiting Playtesting
CommandSpry - United Harmony
[Listen]

HeyLasFas! - Once!

HeyLasFas! - Up Her Sleeve
[Listen]

Hirosashii - Please Don't Stop That Bass
[Listen]

Nightmare Lyre - Apple Bucking Anthem
[Listen]

Prince Whateverer - Taking Flight
[Listen]

ThatSonofaMitch - First Night Alone
[Listen]

Charting hasn't begun yet
•Hirosashii - Applecore
[Listen]

•Prince Whateverer - The Guardians of Equestria
[Listen]

•Prince Whateverer - Promises
[Listen]

•Prince Whateverer - Rainbow Thrash
[Listen]

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2012
    So, are you guys going to author the songs? or you just going to try to hook other authors up?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    I always welcome new authors and authoring groups to the RBN. And hopefully those seeking more MLP-themed music will be satisfied with your products.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    I'm curious, did the Eurobeat Brony song pulling through (and selling well) affect this decision in any way?
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    Personally, This scares me, and I don't get the whole brony thing at all.

With that being said, I'm very happy, because this is the exact type of thing the RBN is for. Bringing music people want to RB that would never make it here otherwise. I know lots of people will be very happy about this.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2012
    b4mv;4820610 said:

I'm no brony in any way, shape, or form, but I can at least understand. Kids shows done right can be very good, and can apply to adults, too. That's why we have adult fans of the early Spongebob seasons. Even if this show features colorful horses as the protagonists, if the show really is that good, then so be it. It's just one of those things that people can become open-minded to.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I can't help but think there's some BAG/TAG quip to be made here, but it's not coming. Ah well.

If I didn't spend so much time on Bandcamp, I'd be suspicious as to how much you'd actually have available. Now I'm just suspicious as to how much is actually good. :P Best of luck though!
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    You know, I was just thinking about making another brony song. (The last one was too slow and meh...) I have gotten better since my last album, so, I might make a brony song just for Rock Band. We need more of these type of songs. :P
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited July 2012
    THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

you guys have not announced anything yet but you are now my favorite Charting group... sorry TAG and Chart Toppers
  • edited July 2012
    Bront20;4820594 said:
    So, are you guys going to author the songs? or you just going to try to hook other authors up?
    We will be the ones authoring the songs
    Cipher_Peon;4820608 said:
    I'm curious, did the Eurobeat Brony song pulling through (and selling well) affect this decision in any way?
    Not at all. We decided to do this because of our love for Brony Music and we would love being able to bring some more awesome tracks to the Rock Band Store alongside the already available, and insanely catchy, Discord (Living Tombstone Remix) by Eurobeat Brony (Thanks Chart Toppers!)
    b4mv;4820610 said:
    Don't worry about this being brony-related. The songs will be enjoyable for bronies and non-bronies alike!
    firedoom666;230611 said:
    you guys have not announced anything yet but you are now my favorite Charting group
    Thanks! That means a lot. We hope to not disappoint you! :)
  • PlatStratPlatStrat Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    That does it. I'm going to write a brony song.
  • DerekEDerekE Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4820670 said:
    I can't help but think there's some BAG/TAG quip to be made here, but it's not coming. Ah well.

https://twitter.com/toymachinesh/status/224969387847860225

Elliott already beat you to it. lol
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    BronyAuthoringGroup;4820825 said:
    Not at all. We decided to do this because of our love for Brony Music and we would love being able to bring some more awesome tracks to the Rock Band Store alongside the already available, and insanely catchy, Discord (Living Tombstone Remix) by Eurobeat Brony (Thanks Chart Toppers!)
    From all of us at CTA, you're quite welcome. Nice to see a group dedicated to this kind of music, there's so much great music just under the brony umbrella that even though we've got some plans for some more such tracks on our end, we sure as hell won't be able to bring all of them. I'm glad to know there'll be a dedicated way to get these songs onto the network.

I look forward to playtesting your songs when they hit the pipeline. Best of luck to you guys! :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2012
    "Welcome to the Rock Band funeral home!" They BAG em we TAG em!"

;)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited July 2012
    You just better hope I never create my own authoring group.

Yes, that was horrible, and I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. I'll go sit in the corner now.
    edited July 2012
    Hey BAG, I am writing a song just for you to author. It'll be about Sonic Rainbooms, and will be a really hard song! ;)
  • DerekEDerekE Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    thatauthoringgroup;4821450 said:
    "welcome to the rock band funeral home!" they bag em we tag em!"

;)

I love it. haha
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Like other requests, I would love to see the original version of Discord by Eurobeat Brony.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    What song are you guys authoring first/are almost done with the legal hassle first?
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I know you're gonna get a lot of crap, but I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    kitlerc;4821677 said:
    I know you're gonna get a lot of crap, but I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

If this isn't reposted periodically, including past when they release their first track, I'll surely be disappointed.
  • DerekEDerekE Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4821662 said:
    What song are you guys authoring first/are almost done with the legal hassle first?

We're finishing up with the legal stuff very soon and will be getting hard at work with artists we've contacted. You'll find out about who our lucky first artists will be eventually.
    edited July 2012
    GameMaster439;4821628 said:
    Like other requests, I would love to see the original version of Discord by Eurobeat Brony.

I don't think they can do a remix of the same song in RBN.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Bront20;4821849 said:
    White Knuckles?
    edited July 2012
    Bront20;4821849 said:

Still alive by Jonathan Coulton? There are two versions currently in the store.
    edited July 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4821852 said:
    Still alive by Jonathan Coulton? There are two versions currently in the store.
    Both weren't on RBN...

I just recall someone mentioning that regarding another song reciently. I think it was about the Halcyon Way new album.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Both versions of White Knuckles are on RBN. If anything, a remix would be harder to get since it's two artists instead of one.
    edited July 2012
    Bront20;4821879 said:
    Both weren't on RBN...

I just recall someone mentioning that regarding another song reciently. I think it was about the Halcyon Way new album.

Yeah, but I think if you own your own remix to your own song, I think it's okay to release it. Anyways, even if the original Still alive was Rock Band DLC, and the new one was RBN, I don't see the difference.
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4821682 said:
    If this isn't reposted periodically, including past when they release their first track, I'll surely be disappointed.
    Don't be disappointed, and don't call me...I mean you...never mind.

I for one welcome our new Brony overlords. Do us proud, Discord was one of my favourite releases for a while, and though I'm not big on RBN I'll have a keen eye on this thread.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2012
    Bront20;4821879 said:
    Both weren't on RBN...

It's not that remixes aren't allowed on RBN. We just felt that putting a remix of a song already on RBN would have felt like a 'money grab' and decided against them.