RB Blitz in Europe?

monto1985monto1985 Opening Act
edited July 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
When can we expect news (release date and price) about the launch of RBB on this side of the pond?

Comments

• Benji_EnBenji_En Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Seconded by me, definitely got good vibes about the pricing but I'm hoping that it doesn't take until mid-September to hit our stores (PSN here).
  • edited July 2012
    Until you hear otherwise, assume it is the same day as US. Price is 10.99 € (£7.49)
  • Benji_EnBenji_En Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    HMXPope;4820929 said:
    Until you hear otherwise, assume it is the same day as US. Price is 10.99 € (£7.49)

Brilliant! Cheers, looks like I'll have something to buy on my birthday after all.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    10.99€? This isn't a big difference, but I've often seen $15 translating to 12.99€ in the EU store. Still, anything below 20€ is a steal.
  • marquisitemarquisite Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    As far as PS3 EU, it would be one day later than PS3 NA (same day as XBox), in line with DLC releases and other PSN updates, right?

Any idea on $AU pricing?

I guess it would follow DLC pricing approximately, where US$1.99 songs are AU$2.45, so I guess around AU$18.40 for Blitz then (even though that's about US$19 by today's exchange rate)
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    HMXPope;4820929 said:
    Huh? Everywhere I've looked so far has said the price is 1200msp (£10.99). £7.49 is closer to 800msp? I'm confused.
  • edited July 2012
    RustySpoons;4821254 said:
    Huh? Everywhere I've looked so far has said the price is 1200msp (£10.99). £7.49 is closer to 800msp? I'm confused.

Sorry that's my bad. Europe confuses me like I'm a small child trying to change a carburetor. You are correct. Those prices I gave are for PS3 specifically. 1200 MSP for X360.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    XBLA titles are usually released worldwide, right?
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Yes they are. Unless you apply for an exception.
    edited July 2012
    HMXPope;4821336 said:
    Sorry that's my bad. Europe confuses me like I'm a small child trying to change a carburetor. You are correct. Those prices I gave are for PS3 specifically. 1200 MSP for X360.
    Wait so it's more expensive on Xbox? Or am I doing my usual blind stupidity routine?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2012
    In the US, the pricing is the same on all consoles, but I guess Microsoft aren't very good at converting their points to real money elsewhere in the world.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Supposedly MSP were originally priced approximately the same everywhere but MS doesn't adjust for currency fluctuations or at least not often. MSP are .0125 dollars each and .012 euros (I think). That makes 1200 MSP $15 in the US and 14.4 euros, $17.68 at today's exchange rate.

That 11 euros on the PS3 is $13.50, a nice little bargain, since it's $14.99 in the US.
    edited July 2012
    Typical Microsoft. There's a reason I haven't been buying into Battlefield or Cod lately. Still, as much as I'd love to shout injustice and ignite a witch hunt, 1200msp is still obscene for what you're getting.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    I'm pretty sure that the Elite type subscriptions for COD and Battlefield are sold in real currency on Xbox not in MSP. Not sure about the individual content.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    RustySpoons;4821911 said:
    Typical Microsoft. There's a reason I haven't been buying into Battlefield or Cod lately. Still, as much as I'd love to shout injustice and ignite a witch hunt, 1200msp is still obscene for what you're getting.

It's not. Looking at the songs alone you're paying full price for 7 songs, half price for 1 song and 17 songs for free. Along with that is the actual game itself.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    metalkorn;4822039 said:
    I'm pretty sure that the Elite type subscriptions for COD and Battlefield are sold in real currency on Xbox not in MSP. Not sure about the individual content.

It seems to be promoted to buy MSP to get CoD Elite but I don't know whether it's sold in real currency on the 360 itself as I got the Hardened edition for MW3 which gave it for free.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited July 2012
    it's sold in real currency as well. the problem being that €=$ in those cases so europeans just pay more
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    RustySpoons;4821254 said:
    Which is why I always stock up when there are cheap points on offer. Last time I managed to get 4200 for £24.49, which works out at roughly £7.00 for the 1200msp required for Blitz.

It's the same for PS3 folk, as they can pickup cheap PSN cards for less than face value. I remember purchasing a load of PSN cards for half price ages ago. Super cheap DLC then!

-- edit --

You can pickup 1200MSP for £9.99 here :http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/Xbox-360/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Xbox-Live-1200-Points-Card/product.html?product=E11056450

You can get a 10% discount using this code "SETENJ12" if you are a new customer, so £8.99 for 1200MSP. Almost 20% cheaper than your £10.99 :)
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited July 2012
    Blasteroids;4822300 said:
    Which is why I always stock up when there are cheap points on offer. Last time I managed to get 4200 for £24.49, which works out at roughly £7.00 for the 1200msp required for Blitz.

It's the same for PS3 folk, as they can pickup cheap PSN cards for less than face value. I remember purchasing a load of PSN cards for half price ages ago. Super cheap DLC then!

-- edit --

You can pickup 1200MSP for £9.99 here :http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/Xbox-360/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Xbox-Live-1200-Points-Card/product.html?product=E11056450

You can get a 10% discount using this code "SETENJ12" if you are a new customer, so £8.99 for 1200MSP. Almost 20% cheaper than your £10.99 :)
    This, look around hard enough and you can always find a deal somewhere.
    edited July 2012
    Blasteroids;4822300 said:

-- edit --

That's the Problem though, you can't put a price on MSP cus you get them via pre-paid cards or credit card, so the price can fluctuate. I've seen 1200 cards for as cheap as £9 and expensive as £12. I know this is nowt to do with HMX and wont affect me buying the game, it's just a bummer to know my mate on the PS3 will be saving a cheeky fiver on this game :P thanks for the link though, will definitely bag myself one of those in time for release day!
    edited July 2012
    grumblevolcano;4822047 said:
    It's not. Looking at the songs alone you're paying full price for 7 songs, half price for 1 song and 17 songs for free. Along with that is the actual game itself.
    You're taking the wrong meaning of obscene. I meant is obscenely cheap. Even for just the game with no songs, I'd still say 1200 is a fair price for what you can do with it.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    RustySpoons;4823059 said:
    it's just a bummer to know my mate on the PS3 will be saving a cheeky fiver on this game :P
    Or perhaps even more ;) But if you had a PS3 you might be happy right? I would rather pay the little extra and have access to the extra RBN tracks the PS3 guys do not have. So there is always swings and roundabouts to it all.
    RustySpoons;4823059 said:
    thanks for the link though, will definitely bag myself one of those in time for release day!
    No problem!
    edited July 2012
    Blasteroids;4823332 said:
    Or perhaps even more ;) But if you had a PS3 you might be happy right? I would rather pay the little extra and have access to the extra RBN tracks the PS3 guys do not have. So there is always swings and roundabouts to it all.
    Yeah, I spose it's easy to forget how much you have access to on Xbox, but as I say, the games already brought itself for me, just means I miss out on a couple extra DLC tracks whereas if I was on PS3 there's a plethora of songs I may never see.