RBN DLC Discussion: 7/19/2012 (Xbox), 7/24/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited July 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/19/2012

Metal

All Shall Perish – “The Death Plague (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Dirge Within – “Absolution (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Not Above Evil – “The Duel” (80 MSP)
My Ruin – “Walk of Shame” (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Astra Kelly – “These Days” (80 MSP)

Punk

Hillcrest – “Lady Luck” (80 MSP)

Rock

Dante’s Dream – “Episodes” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/24/2012 (North America) and 7/25/2012 (Europe)

Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden” ($0.99) – Pop-Rock
Harbour Grace – “Wish I Was Dead’ ($0.99) – Rock
MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends – “This Gigantic Robot Kills” ($1.99) – Reggae/Ska
Blackguard – “A Blinding Light” ($1.99) – Metal
Asking Alexandria – “Dear Insanity” ($1.99) – Metal

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    So thrilled to get the last "Dance for the Dying" song on PS3. They are coming out with another EP in September and seem to be planning on putting tracks from that one up on the RBN as well.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Got Hillcrest, the rest were just meh sounding to me.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Listened to them all. My Ruin – “Walk of Shame” sounded ok until the screaming vocals part.

So nothing from RBN for me this week.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends – “This Gigantic Robot Kills” ($1.99) – Reggae/Ska
    This one gives us PS3ers the ability to get one of those goals right?

Don't see anything purchase worthy by name on either system. But as usual I'll preview the songs when they get to the store. I'm expecting a week I like at least 3/5 from pretty soon. Like the Townsend/Rainbowdragoneyes/AES week. That was the last week I bought something.

(not complaining, just rambling on)
  • edited July 2012
    Nothing that interests me on either system. Hopefully next week.
    edited July 2012
    nascargo19;4822601 said:
    I'm pretty sure that all of those impossible goals are impossible forever, since they have to be RBN 1.0 songs.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    nascargo19;4822601 said:

No, the Yo RBN Raps goal is only for "MC Frontalot", "Alias Unknown" and "Hydo Da Hero" songs.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4822609 said:
    I'm pretty sure that all of those impossible goals are impossible forever, since they have to be RBN 1.0 songs.

Not the Yo RBN Raps goal. If another song by any of the 3 artists I mentioned above reach PS3 RBN then it becomes possible.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    grumblevolcano;4822614 said:
    No, the Yo RBN Raps goal is only for "MC Frontalot", "Alias Unknown" and "Hydo Da Hero" songs.

I just saw MC and figured it had to do with that goal. Oh well. I'm not worried about it anyways
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited July 2012
    Woo! For Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden”

That song rocks!
    edited July 2012
    Oh just listened to My Ruin – “Walk of Shame” (it came up later after i already had looked at store after the first batch was up), and i'll be grabbing that as well tomorrow! :)
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    Lady Luck
    Walk of Shame
    Episodes
    These Days
    Absolution
    The Duel
    The Death Plague

Blue is MUST buy
    Green is will buy eventually
    Yellow is will probably buy/high chance of enjoying it later
    Orange is will listen to later to see if my opinion has changed
    Red is probably not going to bother ever again.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Cool, getting all five on PS3. Even Asking Alexandria, which surprises even me.
    edited July 2012
    grumblevolcano;4822618 said:
    Not the Yo RBN Raps goal. If another song by any of the 3 artists I mentioned above reach PS3 RBN then it becomes possible.

Ah, that's right, they just need to come out with new songs. Not impossible!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    RBN Sightread Review: Astra Kelly, "These Days"

I've decided to "do my part" for RBN (and to play with finally having a laptop that can do decent video capture again), and try to share a bit of a spotlight on some RBN stuff. On any given week, I look at the list of RBN songs by genre and try to listen to the cuts that fit genres I like (R&B/Soul/Funk, Dance, Blues, Reggae-Ska... basically, "not metal or metal-like"). If any catch my ear, I buy them as mp3s and make the call on if they get purchased as RB tracks from there.

With that as background, this week only saw one purchase: Astra Kelly's "These Days". It's listed as "Pop-Rock", and that was exactly what I thought as I heard it "It sounds like a pop-song with slightly-heavier guitar". I'm a bassist primarily, and the bass hit one of my favorite sweet spots "Varied enough to keep some attention while simple enough to really listen to and enjoy the whole song". It's listed as two dots, but that seems a bit high. In playing the song, I recall only missing a couple of hammer-ons and a section right before the break in the song when my wife walked in front of the television screen. I play Expert regularly, admittedly... but it's Expert Bass, so it's not like that puts me in a rarefied group.

If I were to compare it, I would compare it to what Hayley Williams would sound like with a generic band of simple musicians behind her. It's not bad; I don't think there is anything wrong with standard "music you'd hear on the radio". That's pretty much what this is.

Plus, it's only a buck, which did factor into my decision to get it, I admit.

You can check out a video of my sight-read right here.
  • materia101materia101 Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Nothing again this week for me.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    “This Gigantic Robot Kills” - **** yes! Thx for listening, HMX.
    edited July 2012
    jeronemitchell;4823569 said:

If I were to compare it, I would compare it to what Hayley Williams would sound like with a generic band of simple musicians behind her.

Isn't that basically what already is there except their drummer...