If you're shooting down the game early, read this

lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
First off, let me say this: "Don't knock it til you've tried it."

Second, if even if the game doesn't appeal to you... what about the songs? You do know that you CAN export to Rock Band 3 at NO ADDITIONAL COST (i.e. FREE EXPORT if you purchase the game).

And third, I DARE YOU to find 8 songs that you want the most out of the 25 songs the game comes with. Why do I ask this? Assume that all 25 songs were to be released as singles, it would cost $2 (160 Microsoft Points) per song. So...

25 x $2 (160 Microsoft Points) = $50.00 (4000 Microsoft Points)

To get ALL 25 songs as singles, it would cost $50.00 (4000 Microsoft Points)! But that isn't the case.

Now pick only 8 songs that you want the most...

8 x $2 (160 Microsoft Points) = $16 (1280 Microsoft Points)

Well that isn't the same price of the game, so lets do it this way: Pick only 7 songs that you want the most at a cost of $2 (160 Microsoft Points) and 1 more at a cost of $1 (80 Microsoft Points)...

7.5 x $2 (160 Microsoft Points) = $15 (1200 Microsoft Points)

So... at the cost of $15 (1200 Microsoft Points), you get a new game, the the 8 songs you really want the most, 17 songs for free, and free export to Rock Band 3.

AND DID I MENTION that we are still waiting for the announcement of the remaining 6 songs? Yes, that's right... we only know what 19 of the 25 songs are (at the time of this post).

Personally... I've already found enough songs to make the purchase of Rock Band Blitz worth it.

Comments

• JibblypuffJibblypuff Pronounceable
    edited July 2012
    rkbdgurl;4824595 said:
    I love your take charge attitude. I will be buying Blitz for myself and for friends and family if necessary.. and I think you should buy one for Jibs. Just sayin :)

i have to agree with this :3
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    www121, can you buy me one as well? It comes out four days after my moms birthday. I feel bad that I can't get her anything and then I'm gonna ask her for $20.
    edited July 2012
    oh, and while you're at it. could you buy my puppy an xbox and the game as well? kthnx
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2012
    There are 2 songs that are confirmed I would buy if they were DLC. Mainly because I only know so few. Either way, I'm buying it.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    I love the setlist, all these songs will be amazing for parties on core Rock Band (Pop/Modern/Indie-Rock stuff usually is for me), though I have told the friends I have over for Rock Band every other day what the setlist is going to be, and they thought it was quite meh. Though they agreed that "Jungle Boogie" alone may be enough to make the game worth purchasing on its own. So it has quite the broad appeal
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    Jibblypuff;4824639 said:
    oh, and while you're at it. could you buy my puppy an xbox and the game as well? kthnx

I would but I don't want another "person" that can beat my scores D:
  • ErikSarcasmErikSarcasm Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    I found 2 songs that I really want, 4-5 songs I might enjoy playing if they were included in a core title but wouldn't download, 2 songs I wouldn't ever play if you paid me, and some others that I could care less about. It's still 25 songs added to my party shuffle, and a silly little racing game I might play once, for $20...

I don't agree with the notion of not knowing if you'll enjoy something before you try it. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't enjoy running my foot over with a lawnmower.

I'm only assuming once can, if one chooses, delete the game itself once the tracks are exported. I just wish I could choose which tracks from every title I wantyed to download without having to buy an entire game. I know it's only $20 but still.

You may unleash your collective wrath now *runs away*
    edited July 2012
    ErikSarcasm;4824846 said:
    for $20...

$15
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    Jibblypuff;4824857 said:
    $15

I don't know about you but I'm sending the extra 5 dollars in an envelope to Harmonix. They deserve it.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    14.99 for ps3. Over 20 songs...and a new game. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I think it's a steal.
    edited July 2012
    www1221;4824858 said:
    I don't know about you but I'm sending the extra 5 dollars in an envelope to Harmonix. They deserve it.

Agreed. Seriously, how difficult must it be to track these songs for 5 different instruments at 4 difficulty levels, double that for Pro modes. Damn those guys and gals work hard.

I changed my mind, I'm buying it, just to show some love

Also, when did they announce the price? I've been busy this last week...
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    ^lol...spread the love. I just noticed the price this week when they announced more songs titles.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, it's on the main Blitz page, I see it now. I seem to go blind whenever that page loads
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    i doubt i could find 8 songs in the setlist i'd be willing to pay full price for. but i can find a few i'd be willing to pay more than the usual $2 for, and one (cult of personality) i might pay $15 for all by itself.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    I agree.. it's a steal..

ESPECIALLY if you actually like half of the songs..

;)
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I am going to buy the game, simply for the fact that it's an exportable track pack...which is all it's likely to be for me, since the gameplay I've seen thus far doesn't interest me (though I'm sure I will give it the old college trying since the disk will have to be in my Xbox at least once).
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Well, if the remaining 6 songs are the ones that were leaked, then there are around 20 songs I'd buy as DLC. And I'm also buying it for the game too, not just for the export.

Blitz has to be the best deal I've ever made.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    i'm confused.

RB: Blitz is an FPS?

and who are these people who are getting the game early?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    tnevaker;4825353 said:
    i'm confused.

I should have said "WILL be the best deal I'll ever make". And no, it's not an FPS?
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Sargehalo51;4825300 said:
    (though I'm sure I will give it the old college trying since the disk will have to be in my Xbox at least once).
    What disc? It's an XBL Arcade game; you buy it online and download it. The game will always be on your Xbox, unless you delete it (I assume that it's delete-able w/o deletion of the song pack, though you might have to go through the settings menus to accomplish it).
    edited July 2012
    tnevaker;4825353 said:
    i'm confused.

It's not an FPS. That's next year. This year it's RockBand Kart :D
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4825305 said:
    Well, if the remaining 6 songs are the ones that were leaked, then there are around 20 songs I'd buy as DLC. And I'm also buying it for the game too, not just for the export.

Blitz has to be the best deal I've ever made.

18 for me, and I agree. :D
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Got to agree here, The setlists is easlily worth the price and who knows the game may be cool as hell. I will also be giving it the "old College try".

Can anyone point me in the direction of the leaked list. I looked in the obvious places and found nothing. Thanks
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    mikeyts;4825429 said:
    What disc? It's an XBL Arcade game; you buy it online and download it.

See how much attention I've paid to this game so far (beyond the setlist for export)? I had no idea it was going to be on the XBL Arcade for download, which is great because I can purchase it with immediate gratification without ever having to leave the comfort of my couch.

Like I said, I'll give the game a try, but if I don't like it I'll just delete it from my hard drive (unless that somehow has a negative impact on my playing of the songs in RB3, in which case it will just sit on my hard drive taking up space).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Sargehalo51;4825921 said:

Like I said, I'll give the game a try, but if I don't like it I'll just delete it from my hard drive (unless that somehow has a negative impact on my playing of the songs in RB3, in which case it will just sit on my hard drive taking up space).

Songs are "Exported" by using just the regular game file i believe. So i think you have to keep it..
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2012
    Dangimarocker;4826164 said:
    Songs are "Exported" by using just the regular game file i believe. So i think you have to keep it..
    No. The game comes with a few locked in it as the 'demo'. Buying the full version grants you access to a 25-song pack download that also works with RB3. They're two different things, but the game itself may claim the pack license, much like RB1 did.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4826179 said:
    No. The game comes with a few locked in it as the 'demo'. Buying the full version grants you access to a 25-song pack download that also works with RB3.
    How do we know this? Did HMX explain it at some point?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2012
    mikeyts;4826193 said:
    How do we know this? Did HMX explain it at some point?
    Yes.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    Even though I'm excited for the game I might play the Blitz songs on RB3 first before I play any song on Rock Band Blitz.
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4826179 said:
    No. The game comes with a few locked in it as the 'demo'. Buying the full version grants you access to a 25-song pack download that also works with RB3. They're two different things, but the game itself may claim the pack license, much like RB1 did.

Thanks for telling me. Didn't know this yet.

My best bet is that the download is placed in RB3's folder and Blitz is set to look there for RB3 DLC and RBN2, inside RB1's folder for 'legacy' DLC and in RB2's folder for RBN1 tracks.