Equal songs on the Wii console

MyMomCutzMyHairMyMomCutzMyHair Unsigned
edited August 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I recently got RockBand3 for Wii hoping to download Memphis May Fires, Dance Gavin Dance, and Sleeping With Sirens songs but thanks to the brilliant rockband network, those bands only have songs available for xbox and PS3. You guys should really put all the songs from every DLC into EVERY console because its ridiculous. I know nobody really uses the Wii anymore but I promise you, that you will get more customers and less complaints if you just put every song on every console. I dont know why you exclude the Wii but it shouldnt be that hard if the songs are on every other console. Get smart guys.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    Blame Nintendo not Harmonix
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited July 2012
    First off, welcome to the game... Better late than never. Unfortunately, there was never enough interest with wii players to make the port from Xbox to wii for RBN songs profitable for HMX, so they stopped doing it several months ago.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2012
    MyMomCutzMyHair;4830880 said:
    I know nobody really uses the Wii anymore but I promise you, that you will get more customers and less complaints if you just put every song on every console.
    How would they get more customers on a console that nobody really uses anymore?
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2012
    It's not so simple as just putting the songs on the Wii. It costs quite a bit of money to go through Nintendo and put those songs on Wii, and HMX never really got that much back from Wii RBN customers.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    With the Wii U coming out in a few months, the Wii is pretty much a dead console, and sales are a catastrophe.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    Sorry to say but the wii will be dead like others have said soon.
    I don't think the Wii U (or whatever it's called) will do much better for a game that Nintendo just never will support...
    Your best bet is to forget the wii and go out and get a ps3 or xbox (xbox is MUCH better even if it cost to play online)
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited July 2012
    I recently got RockBand3 for Wii hoping to download Memphis May Fires, Dance Gavin Dance, and Sleeping With Sirens songs but thanks to the brilliant rockband network, those bands only have songs available for xbox and PS3. You guys should really put all the songs from every DLC into EVERY console because its ridiculous. I know nobody really uses the Wii anymore but I promise you, that you will get more customers and less complaints if you just put every song on every console. I dont know why you exclude the Wii but it shouldnt be that hard if the songs are on every other console. Get smart guys.

I'm sorry that you're disappointed.

Originally, we wanted to release RBN songs on the Wii. However, songs are built quite differently on the Wii than on the Xbox or even the PS3, and our Wii audience's interest in the RBN was just not sufficient to justify the amount of time required to reauthor, rebuild, submit, and QA the songs.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    HMXLachesis;4831073 said:
    I'm sorry that you're disappointed.

Originally, we wanted to release RBN songs on the Wii. However, songs are built quite differently on the Wii than on the Xbox or even the PS3, and our Wii audience's interest in the RBN was just not sufficient to justify the amount of time required to reauthor, rebuild, submit, and QA the songs.

Well this is a perfect summary brought to you by Lachesis :D Also we're are sorry that the lovely Wii players barely bought the RBN tracks we got, hence it being discontinued back in January '10. It blows but if you want those bands, switch to the 360 or PS3. I finally am just able to switch to the 360.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited August 2012

I'm not sorry you're disappointed.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    BachiG;4830891 said:
    they stopped doing it several months ago.

A year and a half, actually.