Is the LRB Disc required for export?

iHatePregnantiHatePregnant Unsigned
edited August 2012 in LEGO: Rock Band
I thought I had to buy Lego Rock Band in order to export it to Rock Band 3, but after seeing this;
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0376-0000-4000-8000-000045410829
I am led to believe the disc is not necessary, as it does not say the disc is required to use the content, only "Rock Band game disc".
Is this misleading?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Used to be, but now you just need the 3 disc. Still need a code from a LEGO case.
  • BVP2K10BVP2K10 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4834204 said:
    Used to be, but now you just need the 3 disc. Still need a code from a LEGO case.

How does that make sense with the link above? It looks like you neither need a Lego case code nor a Lego disc.
    edited August 2012
    Feel free to buy it then, and then not have the license to play them that you get from the code. $10 lost because you asked a question and didn't listen to the answer.
  • iHatePregnantiHatePregnant Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4834334 said:
    Feel free to buy it then, and then not have the license to play them that you get from the code. $10 lost because you asked a question and didn't listen to the answer.

The person who said that was not the OP. I am OP.

Anyways, are you saying I need to purchase two $10 licenses, along with the game, just to play the same thing on a different game?
    Thanks.
    edited August 2012
    iHatePregnant;4834358 said:
    The person who said that was not the OP. I am OP.

Anyways, are you saying I need to purchase two $10 licenses, along with the game, just to play the same thing on a different game?
    Thanks.
    No. You need a DISC and ONE $10 LICENSE. When did I say you had to buy the same thing twice?
  • King_JackalopeKing_Jackalope Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4834365 said:
    No. You need a DISC and ONE $10 LICENSE. When did I say you had to buy the same thing twice?

Good lord are you always so hostile?!?! LoL. Angry little elf aren't you? Must be from the south pole.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    King_Jackalope;4834595 said:
    Good lord are you always so hostile?!?! LoL. Angry little elf aren't you? Must be from the south pole.

North Pole
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4834334 said:

What would someone get when buying the Lego Rock Band Export Pack then?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    BVP2K10;4841368 said:

The Lego: Rock Band export pack

EDIT: Assuming you have the code to even purchase it
    edited August 2012
    BVP2K10;4841368 said:
    That's the license, if it's even allowed to be purchased off the site. Again. Get the disc. Use the code. Follow the steps. There is no other way, I don't care what you've found on the site.
    edited August 2012
    GLaDOS;4841413 said:
    The Lego: Rock Band export pack

EDIT: Assuming you have the code to even purchase it

You are saying that if you have a code, but not the Lego RB disc, then you can pay $10 and buy the Export Pack? How would anyone have the code, but not the disc? That makes no sense ... plenty of people would have a disc but no code though, which would make sense to sell something on the xbox marketplace for them to use on RB3 or elsewhere to be able to play it (what I would call an "export pack").

I saw all those export packs online, and thought I could just buy a bunch. You are saying they are all useless?
    edited August 2012
    BVP2K10;4841502 said:
    How would anyone have the code, but not the disc?
    Take a booklet out of a non-sealed copy at a store? Take your friend's code because he doesn't really need to export(which is what I did)?
    I saw all those export packs online, and thought I could just buy a bunch. You are saying they are all useless?
    ...What are you even talking about. Do you mean TRACK Packs? Those are still discs with codes. If they're just unused codes, you just put those in your code service and it starts the download. Games like LEGO and 2 are different. Follow the proper steps.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    BVP2K10;4841502 said:
    How would anyone have the code, but not the disc? That makes no sense

The most common way would be if you purchased the game from a private seller online (say, eBay), and you were only interested in the export and not the actual Lego game, you might ask the seller to just email you the code then throw away the disc, in lieu of paying shipping for a physical product you have no need for. That's what I did for Classic Rock Track Pack. I have all of the Classic Rock Track Pack songs in my library / on my hard drive and I've never touched a Classic Rock Track Pack disc (nor purchased them a la carte).