Weird-News: New Loch Ness Monser photo?

arniejoltarniejolt Weird-Huey Lewis
edited August 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I suppose it shouldn't be long before the 'It's a photoshop, I've seen many in my time' meme kicks in again...

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.

And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.

Mr Edwards, who has spent 26 years on his quest, managed to capture this image of a dark hump slinking in and out of the lake's waters from the deck of his boat, Nessie Hunter, before it vanished back into the deep.

He claims the picture is the best-ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster and proves once and for all that the elusive leviathan exists - and is definitely not a sturgeon.

The rest of the article at dailymailUK:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183094/Skipper-claims-finally-proof-Loch-Ness-Monster-exists.html

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    arniejolt;4835036 said:
    I suppose it shouldn't be long before the 'It's a photoshop, I've seen many in my time' meme kicks in again...

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.

And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.

Mr Edwards, who has spent 26 years on his quest, managed to capture this image of a dark hump slinking in and out of the lake's waters from the deck of his boat, Nessie Hunter, before it vanished back into the deep.

He claims the picture is the best-ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster and proves once and for all that the elusive leviathan exists - and is definitely not a sturgeon.

The rest of the article at dailymailUK:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183094/Skipper-claims-finally-proof-Loch-Ness-Monster-exists.html

Monser? So it turns out the monster was a Frenchman all along. I knew it!

Also, when did the U.S. government get a monster division?
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
    I say we bomb the lake and see what floats up
    edited August 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4835044 said:
    I say we bomb the lake and see what floats up

That won't work. Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4835043 said:
    Also, when did the U.S. government get a monster division?
    That's what I was wondering.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2012
    So that's what Nessie was doing the other night when he said he couldn't come to the weekly poker game with Elvis, Bigfoot, Freddie Mercury and Satan. That jerk said he had a date with Chupacabra. Instead he just went for a swin.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Perfect timing since the olympics is near by.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4835053 said:
    That won't work. Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.

*High fives*
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4835053 said:

I'm actually amazed you quoted what I was hunting towards. Well done.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited August 2012
    I was at the Loch enjoying the nude portion of the beach at the very time this picture was taken. I remember it clearly as whilst I was practicing the backstroke people were saying "There's Nessie!" and "It's the monster!" but alas when I rolled back over to get a good look the shouts and cries died back down. I always seem to miss all the excitement...
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2012
    26 years? For that picture? Yep, that's 26 wasted years. Guy needs to invest in a (better) telephoto lens.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    How about a video camera?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited August 2012
    daxx1970;4835368 said:
    I was at the Loch enjoying the nude portion of the beach at the very time this picture was taken. I remember it clearly as whilst I was practicing the backstroke people were saying "There's Nessie!" and "It's the monster!" but alas when I rolled back over to get a good look the shouts and cries died back down. I always seem to miss all the excitement...

Maybe ol' Nessy had penis envy and left out of shame?
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
    sounds like a mission for the Men In Black.
    edited August 2012
    In the spirit of the thread recently deemed unnecessary, I admit, I peed on the Loch Ness monster.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
    you monster!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4836027 said:
    In the spirit of the thread recently deemed unnecessary, I admit, I peed on the Loch Ness monster.

Unnecessary!? In the world of monster hunting what exactly is necessary to begin with?
    edited August 2012
    Witticus;4836039 said:
    Unnecessary!? In the world of monster hunting what exactly is necessary to begin with?

You missed the pee thread, Wit. Perhaps someone will start a stream of it.
    edited August 2012
    I would pee on any one of you!
    edited August 2012
    Do jellyfish pee on each others legs after they bite a human?