DLC Discussion Thread Week of 8/14 - 2 Tracks From Foreigner and a Nightwish Single!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4835978 said:
Hey gang,

The library of tracks from classic rock group Foreigner grows on August 14th, when two of the band’s biggest hits come to the Rock Band Music Store! First is the popular track “I Want To Know What Love Is,” from 1984’s Agent Provocateur, which reached number one on charts in both the United States and the United Kingdom in the 80s! Another popular Foreigner power ballad, “Waiting for a Girl Like You,” will also be available. Off of the band’s fourth studio record, 1981’s 4, it’s one of Foreigners most well-known tracks, peaking at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100!

Finish symphonic metal group Nightwish has consistently placed among the top 10 artists in the Community Wishlist in the Rock Band Dashboard application, available now on Facebook. Harmonix is excited to have the opportunity to listen to its community, and bring this highly requested artist to Rock Band for the first time! Nightwish makes their debut in Rock Band with “Amaranth,” the second single from 2007’s Dark Passion Play, along with optional support for Pro Guitar and Pro Bass!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (August 14th, 2012):

• Foreigner – “I Want to Know What Love Is” O
• Foreigner – “Waiting for a Girl Like You” O
• Nightwish – “Amaranth” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 15th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4836809 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network songs that hit on Thursday, 8/9/2012:

Alternative

Trial By Fire – “From the Ground Up” (80 MSP)

Metal

Alestorm – “Back Through Time (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
All Shall Perish – “Rebirth (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria – “To the Stage (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way – “Our Finest Hour” (80 MSP)
Saint Vitus – “Blessed Night” (160 MSP)

Rock

Catsmelvin – “Wrong Side” (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/14/2012 (North America) and 8/15/2012 (Europe):

Strikken - "Forever in Lies" ($0.99) - Metal
Strikken - "The Final Act" ($0.99) - Metal
Strikken - "Ashes" ($0.99) - Metal
The Motion Sick - "Grace Kelly" ($0.99) - Indie Rock
Lil Deuce Deuce - "I Like Trains" ($0.99) - Reggae/Ska

I've been waiting for DLC like you
To come into my life

Discuss!

Comments

• MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4839865 said:
    Yay, more Foreigner. A bit disappointed about still no "Double Vision"
    TheStuddz;4839866 said:
    Yay, Foreigner! I'm buying both songs right away! But still no "Double Vision"

I'm with you folks. Foreigner is great, and I'd love to have that song in Rock Band too some day.
  • Peaky1969Peaky1969 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Always love seeing the classic rock stuff, and Foreigner is one of my faves, a must buy for me!!
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Yes! LOng time coming these two tracks, I'll be belting those Foreigner tunes for sure! DLC is really picking up lately, got a good feeling about the RBB release! Shame we haven't got the original version of Juke Box Hero yet though...
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    The Foreigner DLC is a must have. In fact, both of these songs are amongst the list of my guilty pleasures I have. They always remind me of that special girl I want to be with. I'll give the other song a listen but...another good week overall!
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Nothing for me, congrats to the fans of either band.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    All three are maybes. Nightwish is not normally my thing, but that song can grow on me. I have to see how much the Foreigner songs grow on me by Tuesday as well.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4839876 said:
    Do you know what this means guy?!

CLASSIC ROCK
    I dont consider Foreigner Classic Rock.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Love Foreigner. I think they are like the prototypical "Rock Band" act.

The choices are...unexpected.

Does this mean we're not going to see "Double Vision" or the master of "Juke Box Hero"?

Anyways, 2/3 for me this week.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4839883 said:

Don't do it, Ciphy boy! You don't know what you're going to unleash!

Meta-commentary...
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    all over the foreigner - but i imagine those that ***** about not having classic rock won't approve.
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Oh man, you know what this means right, drunk serenading at the house ... grabbing both Foreigner tracks for the hilarity value that will ensue.
    edited August 2012
    V8VANTAGE;4839880 said:
    The Foreigner DLC is a must have. In fact, both of these songs are amongst the list of my guilty pleasures I have. They always remind me of that special girl I want to be with. I'll give the other song a listen but...another good week overall!

Yes. Singing these two Foreigner songs at any future Rock Band party will get you guaranteed action.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2012
    May pick up the Foreigner tracks. Not into Nightwish, but I'll take a listen.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012

1.80s is classic enough for me
    2.They are classic rock in game
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4839865 said:
    Yay, more Foreigner. A bit disappointed about still no "Double Vision" and "Juke Box Hero".

LOL...I posted nearly the exact same thing without even seeing this.

I'm guessing it might be time for me to crack and finally get the "Juke Box Hero" cover...since it's been a couple of Foreigner releases since then and still no word on the master ever appearing.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4839876 said:
    Do you know what this means guy?!

CLASSIC ROCK

Post-1980 classic rock! :p

2/109.

(yes, I'm buying both)
    www1221;4839892 said:
    2.They are classic rock in game

So is a song with Rob Thomas on vocals.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Foreigner = nope.

Nightwish is a chance though.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4839895 said:

So is a song with Rob Thomas on vocals.
    So is a song on RBN from 1997. That does not sound like classic rock at all.

Wow, I didn't realize Smooth was more recent than that.
    edited August 2012

I just looked in my copy of Encyclopedia Brittanica under the entry for "classic rock", and it had a picture from 1979 of a fruit enhanced Lou Gramm leering at a 16 year old chick.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    So with 'I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight' last week, and 'Waiting For A Girl Like You' this week, which track from Vice City's Emotion FM can we expect next week? 'Africa' by Toto, or maybe 'Keep On Loving You' by REO Speedwagon? Maybe even 'Broken Wings' by Mr. Mister
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Well, this is a pleasant surprise! Still sorta waiting on Double Vision and Jukebox Hero (Original Version), but I'll definitely be picking up the Foreigner tracks eventually, after Blitz hits.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    FOREIGNER. OH MY GOD.

NIGHTWISH. OH MY GOD.

BOUGHT.

Hope Double Vision and Jukebox Hero are in the pipeline.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Happy to see some more Foreigner. Haven't heard of Nightwish but I'll take a listen. Good week.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4839900 said:
    So with 'I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight' last week, and 'Waiting For A Girl Like You' this week, which track from Vice City's Emotion FM can we expect next week? 'Africa' by Toto, or maybe 'Keep On Loving You' by REO Speedwagon? Maybe even 'Broken Wings' by Mr. Mister

I wanna know what love is was in Vice City Stories also.
  • xxtazsterxxxxtazsterxx Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Wow never thought I'd see either of those 2 Foreigner songs in RB. Awesome. I'm guessing Ill be #1 on the leaderboards (albeit for a very short short time) because Im getting these the microsecond that they hit the marketplace.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4839868 said:
    Well, it only took nearly 5 years, but Harmonix finally released some Nightwish.

D'oh, but it's Annette material!

I think people figured that was going to be the case.

That said, I hope it sells well enough and opens the door for Tarja material.

Another 2/3 week. Those Foreigner tracks are great, but that Nightwish track leaves a lot to be desired. Might just make it a 3/3 week in the vain hope that by getting "Amaranth" we might see more, older, Nightwish in the game.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    samjjones;4839899 said:
    I just looked in my copy of Encyclopedia Brittanica under the entry for "classic rock", and it had a picture from 1979 of a fruit enhanced Lou Gramm leering at a 16 year old chick.
    I was making fun of the "I don't consider Eddie Money Classic Rock" posts that have floated about. Lowlander got it, as expected :p

EDIT: What's wrong with the Jukebox Hero we got? I didn't know it was a cover until well into the lifespan of RB3. Even then, I can't tell the difference between it and the original. It's like the cover of Ballroom Blitz (except for the intro). Pretty much 100% the same!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4839895 said:
    Post-1980 classic rock! :p

2/109.

(yes, I'm buying both)
    Still classic rock.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I keep throwing my money at the screen and it's not working!!!!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4839908 said:
    I was making fun of the "I don't consider Eddie Money Classic Rock" posts that have floated about. Lowlander got it, as expected :p

EDIT: What's wrong with the Jukebox Hero we got? I didn't know it was a cover until well into the lifespan of RB3. Even then, I can't tell the difference between it and the original. It's like the cover of Ballroom Blitz (except for the intro). Pretty much 100% the same!
    I actually like the cover more than the original, so I'm happy with that.