DLC Discussion Thread Week of 8/14 - 2 Tracks From Foreigner and a Nightwish Single!

Comments

• mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    So with 'I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight' last week, and 'Waiting For A Girl Like You' this week, which track from Vice City's Emotion FM can we expect next week? 'Africa' by Toto, or maybe 'Keep On Loving You' by REO Speedwagon? Maybe even 'Broken Wings' by Mr. Mister
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Well, this is a pleasant surprise! Still sorta waiting on Double Vision and Jukebox Hero (Original Version), but I'll definitely be picking up the Foreigner tracks eventually, after Blitz hits.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    FOREIGNER. OH MY GOD.

NIGHTWISH. OH MY GOD.

BOUGHT.

Hope Double Vision and Jukebox Hero are in the pipeline.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Happy to see some more Foreigner. Haven't heard of Nightwish but I'll take a listen. Good week.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4839900 said:
    So with 'I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight' last week, and 'Waiting For A Girl Like You' this week, which track from Vice City's Emotion FM can we expect next week? 'Africa' by Toto, or maybe 'Keep On Loving You' by REO Speedwagon? Maybe even 'Broken Wings' by Mr. Mister

I wanna know what love is was in Vice City Stories also.
  • xxtazsterxxxxtazsterxx Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Wow never thought I'd see either of those 2 Foreigner songs in RB. Awesome. I'm guessing Ill be #1 on the leaderboards (albeit for a very short short time) because Im getting these the microsecond that they hit the marketplace.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4839868 said:
    Well, it only took nearly 5 years, but Harmonix finally released some Nightwish.

D'oh, but it's Annette material!

I think people figured that was going to be the case.

That said, I hope it sells well enough and opens the door for Tarja material.

Another 2/3 week. Those Foreigner tracks are great, but that Nightwish track leaves a lot to be desired. Might just make it a 3/3 week in the vain hope that by getting "Amaranth" we might see more, older, Nightwish in the game.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    samjjones;4839899 said:
    I just looked in my copy of Encyclopedia Brittanica under the entry for "classic rock", and it had a picture from 1979 of a fruit enhanced Lou Gramm leering at a 16 year old chick.
    I was making fun of the "I don't consider Eddie Money Classic Rock" posts that have floated about. Lowlander got it, as expected :p

EDIT: What's wrong with the Jukebox Hero we got? I didn't know it was a cover until well into the lifespan of RB3. Even then, I can't tell the difference between it and the original. It's like the cover of Ballroom Blitz (except for the intro). Pretty much 100% the same!
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4839895 said:
    Post-1980 classic rock! :p

2/109.

(yes, I'm buying both)
    Still classic rock.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I keep throwing my money at the screen and it's not working!!!!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4839908 said:
    I was making fun of the "I don't consider Eddie Money Classic Rock" posts that have floated about. Lowlander got it, as expected :p

EDIT: What's wrong with the Jukebox Hero we got? I didn't know it was a cover until well into the lifespan of RB3. Even then, I can't tell the difference between it and the original. It's like the cover of Ballroom Blitz (except for the intro). Pretty much 100% the same!
    I actually like the cover more than the original, so I'm happy with that.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    xxtazsterxx;4839906 said:
    Wow never thought I'd see either of those 2 Foreigner songs in RB. Awesome. I'm guessing Ill be #1 on the leaderboards (albeit for a very short short time) because Im getting these the microsecond that they hit the marketplace.

Yeah, it's gonna take me a few minutes to round up the church choir that day, so you'll probably beat me to the #1 slot by a bit.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4839900 said:

lol, good call, and I find myself a little embarassed to conclude that I would buy any of those [and the two Foreigner tracks next week, for sure]. I think I need to play some Vice City this weekend, for old-times sake (and because GTAIV was such a let-down for me).

I was just talking about Amaranth (the plant, the food product, and the PA town) last night, now I am very curious to see if I already know that song and just didn't know that it also shared that name.

I will also have to check out Juke Box Hero, I just skip over cover versions automatically but I'll get it if it was done well.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Foreigner is not classic rock. TRUST ME! I own like 45,000 albums!
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Had never heard any of the songs before this week. I've liked Foreigner before and after checking out these songs, I'm definitely getting I Want to Know What Love Is. Waiting for a Girl Like You is a maybe for me at this point. The first time I heard of Nightwish was from the Rock Band Dashboard and I never listened to them until the announcement this morning. They have an interesting sound and I'm strongly considering picking Amaranth up next week. I was hoping for a little bigger of a week to compete with the Rocksmith bass addon, which I'm also picking up, but they just recently said that it would be out the 14th, so I shouldn't expect HMX to be able to license stuff within 2 weeks. Damn my unreasonable expectations.

Good selection, just not my usual cup of tea. People will surely be pleased.
    Buying: Foreigner – I Want to Know What Love Is
    Maybe: Foreigner – Waiting for a Girl Like You
    Probably: Nightwish – Amaranth
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4839900 said:
    Any of those songs would make next week a fantastic week.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4839917 said:
    Foreigner is not classic rock. TRUST ME! I own like 45,000 albums!
    This guy also gets it :p
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    samjjones;4839894 said:
    LOL...I posted nearly the exact same thing without even seeing this.

I'm guessing it might be time for me to crack and finally get the "Juke Box Hero" cover...since it's been a couple of Foreigner releases since then and still no word on the master ever appearing.

Masters aren't the problem because of GH3 and GH5 both having the song as DLC and they're both the master version. One possibility we haven't got it yet could be Guitar Hero exclusivity, another is that all Foreigner songs released on RB except from "Headknocker" (a deep cut I believe) has charted better than "Juke Box Hero"
    edited August 2012
    samjjones;4839914 said:
    Yeah, it's gonna take me a few minutes to round up the church choir that day, so you'll probably beat me to the #1 slot by a bit.

I will be #1 like usual! HAHAHAHA
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4839868 said:
    Well, it only took nearly 5 years, but Harmonix finally released some Nightwish.

D'oh, but it's Annette material!

Honestly I'm in the minority camp, but I thought Tarja was awful for her style, I feel Annette is perfect style for power metal and her pieces on the new record proved that to me.

But will be picking up ALL of this.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I like Foreigner OK, but those two songs will be not so much fun on my main instrument, drums. They will be a good addition to the game, though. Never heard Nightwish, but I'll take a listen.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Hey, is the video on the blog not working for anyone? That's what's happening with me.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4839908 said:

It's a perfectly fine cover.

But it's not Lou Gramm singing. It doesn't drip with sexual machismo like most classic Foreigner recordings do.

I really hope that HMX doesn't think that Foreigner isn't "big enough" to merit their releasing a master version of a song that's already been in the marketplace for 5 years.*

*I'd also like the master version of "Bang a Gong" for the same reason, too...if the master is available and licensable.
    Accept no substitutes.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Hooray for Foreigner! I've secretly wanted I Want to Know What Love Is since RB1.
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    mmetzner;4839900 said:
    Don't even joke about that, what a week that would be.
    edited August 2012
    Krystof;4839911 said:
    I keep throwing my money at the screen and it's not working!!!!

Try putting it into the disk tray.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I don't get why people get an artist/band they wanted (more of) and then complain about the song choices, seriously. You got the artist/band you wanted, isn't that enough? Some people never get their favourite bands in Rock Band and yet people complain about song choices even though they have (one of) their favourite bands in Rock Band.

It annoys me.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Heavens_Saint;4839934 said:
    I don't get why people get an artist/band they wanted (more of) and then complain about the song choices, seriously. You got the artist/band you wanted, isn't that enough? Some people never get their favourite bands in Rock Band and yet people complain about song choices even though they have (one of) their favourite bands in Rock Band.

It annoys me.
    I want these songs! I want them inside of my xbox now!!
    edited August 2012
    sonicnerd23;4839925 said:
    Hey, is the video on the blog not working for anyone? That's what's happening with me.

Obviously, the enormous amount of awesomeness radiation which is being emitted by the Foreigner tracks has created an electromagnetic wave which is disrupting all electronic devices.
    edited August 2012
    Heavens_Saint;4839934 said:

It annoys me.
    Its never enough for them