Bill & Ted: Third Movie?

arniejoltarniejolt Weird-Huey Lewis
edited August 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
At least they have a director...

[I]Not to be outdone by all the wacky on-again off-again news about the Jim Carrey-Jeff Daniels sequel to Dumb and Dumber, Vulture is now saying that the planned third movie starring Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter reprising their roles as the time-travelling stoners "Bill and Ted" is moving forward and that GalaxyQuest director Dean Parisot will helm that movie.

Since helming GalaxyQuest, Parisot has mainly been directing television as well as the remake of Fun with Dick and Jane starring Jim Carrey and Te

Comments

  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited August 2012
    Could be fun.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    They have been saying this since last year bruher. I would love to see another movie bruther but I have one problem with it bruther.

    There stuff will be way over outdated. The air guitar, EXCELLENT, the 80's words they use. I'm worried that today auidence will not accept bill and ted bruther. If they do make it I will go see it no matter what, but I'm worried that today's auidence will not dude.

    I don't know bruther. People in the Rock Band forum knew who Hogan was bruther. Never give up hope bruther :)

    But I'm curious bruther, Will they stick with the 80's cliches? Or be more modern bruther? They only way they could mess up bill and ted bruther is by trying making them more modern.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    I also forgot the fact that The guy who playe Rufus is dead bruther. They would have to write him off or recast him dude.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I would love to see it. But it would not be the same with out Carlin.

    I own all the movies and the animated TV show (which has the cheesiest theme song ever):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iv82iJ_MT4
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    Hogan2000;4840249 said:
    I also forgot the fact that The guy who playe Rufus is dead bruther. They would have to write him off or recast him dude.

    The "guy" who played Rufus was George Carlin, one of the greatest comedians ever IMO.

    I would never accept a recast of him.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    Ehfahq;4840257 said:
    I would love to see it. But it would not be the same with out Carlin.

    I own all the movies and the animated TV show (which has the cheesiest theme song ever):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iv82iJ_MT4
    That brought back the days bruther.

    "Steps out of booth, Excellent" GRRRRRRRRRR "Bogus" runs from dinosaur.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Most Triumphant!
  • JibblypuffJibblypuff Pronounceable
    edited August 2012
    Ehfahq;4840257 said:
    I would love to see it. But it would not be the same with out Carlin.

    I own all the movies and the animated TV show (which has the cheesiest theme song ever):
    but do you also have the game?
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I dunno... they were young when they made the first 2 movies... Now, not so much...
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Ive met alex several times. His wife is a friend of a friend. First time i met him i didnt recognize him and we made small talk over dinner. The next day my friend told me who i was talking to and i lol'd
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    arniejolt;4840203 said:
    How does this make you feel?

    I liked the Bill and Ted movies, I liked Galaxy Quest and I like the new Dick and Jane movie. Consider me happy with this development.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    sillystou;4840277 said:
    I dunno... they were young when they made the first 2 movies... Now, not so much...

    This is also my problem. It would be bogus for the characters to be played by others, but I'm not sure how I feel about Bill & Ted being parent age since being a parent you tend to have child adventures... which, whilst epic in their own right, are not the adventures I want to see Bill & Ted have.

    If they are not married (To those babes!) and had kids by now... then I guess timetravel affects your weener.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Maybe you didn't see the end of the second movie?

    Spoiler: Bill and Ted are already parents.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    raynebc;4840723 said:
    Maybe you didn't see the end of the second movie?

    Spoiler: Bill and Ted are already parents.

    Did we really have to sensor that bruther? The movie is 20 years old for crying out loud dude.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    It's common courtesy, bruther.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, now that they're older, I have a feeling it'll look like old people trying to be hip, which is never funny. Either that or they'll make it super-serious for no reason other than to be Oscar bait.

    But I could be wrong.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4841126 said:
    I don't know, now that they're older, I have a feeling it'll look like old people trying to be hip, which is never funny. Either that or they'll make it super-serious for no reason other than to be Oscar bait.

    But I could be wrong.

    Either that or new actors, which would suck.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    People may think they want this but they really don't. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Nuff said.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    Reeves talked about the script recently and sounded psyched. It has to do with the plot line that they (Bill & Ted) were supposed to write a rock song that brought the world together. Over 20 years later, they still haven't written it. The script is supposed to feature various versions of B&T, such a version that ended up in prison, a white trash version, and so forth.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Rockox;4845848 said:
    People may think they want this but they really don't. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Nuff said.

    Nope. I want to see it.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    I actually liked Indy 4. The fridge scene didn't bother me at all. I didn't care for Lebouf's character, Mutt. (Specifically the Tarzan part was stupid) but over all it was pretty good.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4845864 said:
    Reeves talked about the script recently and sounded psyched. It has to do with the plot line that they (Bill & Ted) were supposed to write a rock song that brought the world together. Over 20 years later, they still haven't written it. The script is supposed to feature various versions of B&T, such a version that ended up in prison, a white trash version, and so forth.

    I think that would be hilarious with these characters... if it were done less than the ammount of time between now and the movie ago. Seriously, I don't see how they'll pull it off without looking washed up. But then again, Saturday Night Live brought back the 90's cast and even did a Wayne's World sketch that was awesome, so maybe they'll pull it off.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4846020 said:
    I think that would be hilarious with these characters... if it were done less than the ammount of time between now and the movie ago. Seriously, I don't see how they'll pull it off without looking washed up. But then again, Saturday Night Live brought back the 90's cast and even did a Wayne's World sketch that was awesome, so maybe they'll pull it off.

    But they're supposed to be somewhat washed up. That's the point. They were destined for greatness but sat around doing who knows what for the last 25 years instead.

    I think they'll strive for deeper themes of lost ambition and faded dreams.
Sign In or Register to comment.