What unsigned local bands would you like to see on Rockband?

KcammowKcammow Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Pretty much just post what band local to your area you'd like to see on Rockband DLC. The catch, they have to be unsigned (and/or generally unknown).

Provide a link to some of their music so others can listen and give feedback.

Here's mine:

Band: Prylosis
Song: Torn in Two

http://www.topblip.com/w/13018

This is a Sacramento, CA band that is currently in the running to open up for larger named bands in the upcoming Aftershock Music Festival. If you like them, please rate their video in the link a 5 so they can get in.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    While I don't know any of the local bands in my town, I am working with two bands from the same state as me (Ohio): Last N Line and Latenight Symphony. Well, Latenight Symphony is technically one guy now. Used to be two.

Also, there's a thread in the Rock Band Network forums for general requests. You can request your local bands there if you wish.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    My friend's band Failure by Design. They're recording a demo soon and I'll probably talk to him about RBN stuff.

Also Lights Resolve is from around my area and you probably know them as that band with the free song on Rock Band.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    I know of no local bands. So I would like them in Rock Band.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    Started as a potentially fun wishlist, but unsurprisingly, once you get into the thread, OP is just fishing for votes.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4841472 said:
    Started as a potentially fun wishlist, but unsurprisingly, once you get into the thread, OP is just fishing for votes.

I didn't click on the link, so I didn't notice.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    I actually sent an email to Acorn Project about the RBN, making sure to push Pro Keys, but they never replied.

The first song on their player on that link, I've heard them play it live. It's 8 minutes here, from their album, but it extended to close to half an hour with the (possibly improvised) jams they stuck into it. It was really awesome stuff. Slightly faster tempo live, too.
  • ErikSarcasmErikSarcasm Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4841472 said:
    How do you read that from the 4 posts above yours? Isn't that essentially what all wishlist posts are?

Anyway mine is Enrage , Staten Island's longest running hardcore band. They've been doing their thing for close to 20 years.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    ErikSarcasm;4841607 said:
    How do you read that from the 4 posts above yours? Isn't that essentially what all wishlist posts are?
    How did I read what? How did I read the part of OP's post that said, "Vote for this band, guys!" By READING. Try doing it to entire posts. Third time I've had to inform you reading helps on a forum.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    I noticed it first. Didn't click on the link because that's all these threads ever are. Promotion.

But I guess it's cool if we're all promoting local bands.

But not cool if "RATE 5 PL0X".
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4841674 said:
    How did I read what? How did I read the part of OP's post that said, "Vote for this band, guys!" By READING. Try doing it to entire posts. Third time I've had to inform you reading helps on a forum.
    So every link to every video in any thread is just fishing for votes? Or is that all you saw? Did you miss all the rest of the post where he said "Hey, what are your suggestions?" It's not a "what do you think of my band" thread, and not everything is a conspiracy.
    edited August 2012
    ErikSarcasm;4842172 said:
    So every link to every video in any thread is just fishing for votes? Or is that all you saw? Did you miss all the rest of the post where he said "Hey, what are your suggestions?" It's not a "what do you think of my band" thread, and not everything is a conspiracy.

If he didnt want us to vote for his band he would have just posted the youtube link.
    edited August 2012
    That's just a general statement about everything anyone's ever posted on the Internet: "hey, if you like it, click the cheeseburger or whatever" Sometimes it's implied without being expressly stated but it's always there. Doesn't mean every post is a fishing expedition. Why even argue this without contributing anyway?

DI I'm surprised at you, as someone who is (in) a local unsigned band. I'd like to hear more about Yogurt with Sprinkles.
    edited August 2012
    ErikSarcasm;4842196 said:
    That's just a general statement about everything anyone's ever posted on the Internet: "hey, if you like it, click the cheeseburger or whatever" Sometimes it's implied without being expressly stated but it's always there. Doesn't mean every post is a fishing expedition. Why even argue this without contributing anyway?

DI I'm surprised at you, as someone who is (in) a local unsigned band. I'd like to hear more about Yogurt with Sprinkles.

You havent been around long enough. These threads happen all the time. They try to disguise it in anyway they can, but they never do a good enough job.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited August 2012
    You don't have to vote for who's ever (or is it whom's?... I never understood that rule) band is in the link just to listen to it. No harm no foul. I certainly wouldn't vote for it, cause its not my kinda music, but I don't think it was an issue to have posted it. The thread idea still has merit.
    edited August 2012
    BachiG;4842204 said:
    You don't have to vote for who's ever (or is it whom's?... I never understood that rule)

Whose ever, or if you're feeling formal/stuffy, whose soever.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited August 2012
    Thanks... I didn't in school and still don't get that rule. :)
    edited August 2012
    Ehh, this is one that's evolving. Strictly speaking, only "whose soever" ought to be considered correct, but "whose ever" is certainly showing up in speech, as is "whoever's" (I don't care for that last one). I doubt you got particularly good instruction on it.
  • KcammowKcammow Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I actually had three purposes for the post. Yes, I do want them to get more votes, so I mentioned it. As most unsigned bands would like their music to be heard by many people not necessarily in their immediate sphere of influence to get the word out about them, these guys would too. As a friend of there's I am trying to help them with that.

The second would be that I would indeed like to see their music get in the game's downloadable content, so if along the way I can get them some attention on this forum and get some useful info as to how to get them in the DLC then I will attempt to do so.

The third is that I enjoy hearing smaller named bands, and branching out from the mainstream music that I am getting relatively tired of, as Im sure some of you are aswell. So by others sharing their music on this thread we all get a chance to hear some good music from smaller bands without trolling around searching everywhere for actual quality.

It takes little effort to dismiss someone, but significant effort to hear them out and give them a chance.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Kcammow;4844619 said:
    The second would be that I would indeed like to see their music get in the game's downloadable content, so if along the way I can get them some attention on this forum and get some useful info as to how to get them in the DLC then I will attempt to do so.

Well as far as the DLC part goes, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Rock Band Network.

It basically lets bands put their own music into the game, or, alternatively, they can have an authoring group (you can find several of them on the forums here) put it into the game for them in exchange for a (hopefully) small percentage of the proceeds.