Spoonman and Give it Away

BeebBeeb Banned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Can't wait to play two songs that were ALREADY ON ROCK BAND 2.

Comments

• folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Blitz has a very small handful of songs I'd buy as singles (not including Spoonman and Give it Away. Was happy to never play those again, thanks online players).

If there's another solid core RB game in the future that I love, I'd buy Blitz for my handful and to keep onliners happy.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4842549 said:
    You don't have to! Pop that Rock Band 2 disc back in anytime you want to play them!
    This is why they should have released the songs as optional DLC, so that people who would rather stick to playing them in Rock Band 2 can do just that. Unless DLC was impossible and something like this was the only way this could happen; the way music licensing works sometimes, I can believe anything.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    I am fairly disgruntled by it as well, but it's not like there's any proof to "Spoonman and Give it Away stole 2 slots from other songs."

For all I know, it was a 23 song setlist and those 2 managed to round it out.
    I'm very happy about Spoonman coming back, and even though I would prefer a new song taking its slot and Spoonman coming back as DLC, it's still a bargain.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    folkeye;4842609 said:
    Blitz has a very small handful of songs I'd buy as singles (not including Spoonman and Give it Away. Was happy to never play those again, thanks online players).

I'm largely the same.

A song I would buy as a single I value at $2.

A song I'd be content to have in my library but wouldn't go out of my way or pay fullprice to own, I'd value at $1.

By that measure, the Blitz setlist is worth $16 to me - 4 tracks I'd buy as singles and 8 I'm content with (and 11 I will likely one-lighter, and the 2 returnees that I consider already-paid-for). So even before considering the Blitz game itself, it's still worth it to me (barely).
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    It's worth it to me. If I didn't buy Blitz I'd just waste my $15 on booze anyway.
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget there's a sweet game included, too!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    It's a little annoying seeing as I already have it sitting on my HDD from RB1, so I'm having to kind of buy it twice. but because it's only 1200 MSP that makes up for it for me I think.
    edited August 2012
    metalkorn;4842622 said:
    It's a little annoying seeing as I already have it sitting on my HDD from RB1, so I'm having to kind of buy it twice. but because it's only 1200 MSP that makes up for it for me I think.

They were in RB2. Neither of them are on your HDD.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4842614 said:
    I'm largely the same.

A song I would buy as a single I value at $2.

A song I'd be content to have in my library but wouldn't go out of my way or pay fullprice to own, I'd value at $1.

By that measure, the Blitz setlist is worth $16 to me - 4 tracks I'd buy as singles and 8 I'm content with (and 11 I will likely one-lighter, and the 2 returnees that I consider already-paid-for). So even before considering the Blitz game itself, it's still worth it to me (barely).

I'd value it about the same way. I value Blitz at $33 under that formula, so I'm pumped as heck with the way this has played out!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Its proof in the pudding that HMX listens... glad to have the two songs back, or at least glad Spoonman is back because im not big on the Chillis.

Gives Journey fans a hope. Sad thing is its extremely unlikely Europe will get same love given we were exclusive in being ommited from Oasis, Tokio Hotel songs etc. Simply too small a number effected but i suppose there is the stance that RB3 versions would be different versions in the first place and could be that incentive to HMX paying to license them again.

Now to hope all licensing done on the Blitz tracks avoids the same nonscence of them dissapearing in future titles, you only miss some songs when they are gone.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    As someone who purchased Blood Sugar Sex Magik I am very happy to see Give It Away will be playable for RB3. Spoonman was also one of the best songs to play on RB2 so I'm glad for that one as well.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Give it Away is one of the only songs on the setlist I would buy as DLC.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Anybody who's been paying attention here for the past two months isn't surprised, but I'm very pleased to see the rest of the setlist "officially" confirmed. It's a nice hodgepodge of genres.

I totally agree with the decision to include "Give It Away" and "Spoonman" on the Blitz setlist for the reasons others have given ad nauseum, too.

Really looking forward to the 29th.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    While "Give It Away" was not one of my favorite songs in RB2, I always enjoy a little RHCP, and I'm glad this song took one of the last places on the setlist instead of something like Killswitch Engage or another metal group.

As far as "Spoonman" goes, I'm rather indifferent. I don't really like Soundgarden, but I don't hate them enough to whine. I didn't need it back, but I'm very happy for the fans, and as a (technically) free song, it's quite good!

The only non-exportable song that I've desperately wanted back is "Any Way You Want It". I understand that the chances of that song returning are low, and I've learned to live with that. But this offers at least a glimmer of hope; if Harmonix has decided to go back for "Spoonman" and "Give It Away" now, maybe they'll go back for other lost gems in the future. Heck, we may even get more RB3 versions eventually!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Skode;4842633 said:
    Its proof in the pudding that HMX listens... glad to have the two songs back, or at least glad Spoonman is back because im not big on the Chillis.

Gives Journey fans a hope. Sad thing is its extremely unlikely Europe will get same love given we were exclusive in being ommited from Oasis, Tokio Hotel songs etc. Simply too small a number effected but i suppose there is the stance that RB3 versions would be different versions in the first place and could be that incentive to HMX paying to license them again.

Now to hope all licensing done on the Blitz tracks avoids the same nonscence of them dissapearing in future titles, you only miss some songs when they are gone.

"Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" can't be played in RB3 for everyone (European RB1 export and American DLC purchases). The only song which Europe is at a disadvantage is "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel and that's all.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4842564 said:
    They never said there were 25. They said there were over 23.
    When and where did they say that? I only ever read them state that there'd be "20-plus new tracks" and "more than 20 songs".
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    With Spoonman, I look forward to seeing if it still offers as much challenge on vocals, and to playing it on guitar and bass again now that I'm better at it than I was when Rock Band 2 was the current game.

With Give It Away, I look forward to giving it one lighter and turning the volume all the way down whenever I have to play it.
    edited August 2012
    Skode;4842633 said:
    Gives Journey fans a hope. Sad thing is its extremely unlikely Europe will get same love given we were exclusive in being ommited from Oasis, Tokio Hotel songs etc.

Europe wasn't exclusive on being screwed on the Oasis and Die Toten Hosen songs - in fact, non-Europeans who paid $2 per track to get those two songs a la carte still cannot play them in RB3.
    edited August 2012
    mikeyts;4842651 said:
    When and where did they say that? I only ever heard that there'd be "more than 20".

Typo. I meant to type "over 20". Doh.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, thsi game is still a day 1 purchase...7 tracks I would have bought immediately...and maybe even paid a premium for (Great White should be a BLAST!)

Not really bugged by Spoonman or Give It Away...not my faves, but I don't hate them. Like other have said it gives me some hope for the return of JOURNEY...easily the song we lost that I miss the most. When we lost it I figured we'd get an eventual RB3 version since Journey is so keys heavy...still waiting :(
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I was going to rationalise this in my head by pretending two arbitrary recent DLC singles were on Blitz, then I realised that since I was going to buy the RB2 songs anyway, it doesn't matter. There's a few songs that I flat-out don't care about, so a couple of recycled songs I would have bought aren't that bad.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    The complete list of MIA disc songs:

As Made Famous by Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills (RB1)
    As Made Famous by Black Sabbath - Paranoid (RB1)
    Metallica - Enter Sandman (RB1)

Tokio Hotel - Monsoon (European RB1)
    Oasis - Rock and Roll Star (European RB1)
    Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex (European RB1)
    Metallica - Battery (RB2)
    Journey - Any Way You Want It (RB2)

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (RB2)

BLUE is we have the original version or a live version playable in RB3.
    RED is songs that are not playable in any form in RB3 and affects everyone.
    YELLOW is songs which only affect Europeans.
  • edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842560 said:
    People want to buy a game with 25 new songs. Not 23 and 2 others that people keep begging for.
    Just so we're real on perspective here, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I probably have a better idea of what people in the community are requesting. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but it's my job and I spend 40+ hours a week listening to the requests.

When we are swamped with requests to re release songs lost in export, or update back catalog songs with RB3 Version and there have been thousands of posts dedicated to releasing the entirety of the GH1 and GH2 soundtracks in Rock Band I'm not convinced that people only want new songs.
    jasonrosenbaum;4842563 said:
    So are these songs going to be updated to be RB3 versions? I'm not sure if either of the songs have harmonies or keyboards anyway, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    Yes, these songs will both have RB3 features where applicable. They won't appear in the library as RB3 version, because the legacy versions don't appear in the RB3 setlist. Still, they will both have pro drums, harmonies and keys where applicable (i.e. Give It Away should have keys, Spoonman will not).
    Groudon199;4842591 said:
    In RB3, will the songs be sorted under "Rock Band 2" or with the rest of the DLC?
    In RB3, these songs will sort as DLC, same as the rest of the Blitz soundtrack. They won't be sorted under RB2 because they don't share the same file data as the RB2 disc songs.
    Cipher_Peon;4842613 said:
    I am fairly disgruntled by it as well, but it's not like there's any proof to "Spoonman and Give it Away stole 2 slots from other songs."
    I'll go one step further to dispel that notion and reassure you that any song that could have been on Blitz has been / will be released as DLC. It's not like we licensed a bunch of songs for Blitz, slotted in Give It Away and Spoonman and then threw the rest away. All that stuff is in the pipeline.
  • Pernicious0281Pernicious0281 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    The way I am looking at it, you get 25 songs for 15 bucks. Who cares that two of them are from RB2. Especially considering they are updated as RB3 tracks. But I guess you can only please some of the people some of the time and never all of the people all of the time. I will be enjoying some Spoonman in a couple weeks!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4842668 said:
    I'll go one step further to dispel that notion and reassure you that any song that could have been on Blitz has been / will be released as DLC. It's not like we licensed a bunch of songs for Blitz, slotted in Give It Away and Spoonman and then threw the rest away. All that stuff is in the pipeline.

That pipeline must be filled with so much good stuff. I really wish I could see it. I've checked the pipelines around my house, it's mostly sewage. :(
  • JibblypuffJibblypuff Pronounceable
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4842648 said:
    "Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" can't be played in RB3 for everyone (European RB1 export and American DLC purchases). The only song which Europe is at a disadvantage is "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel and that's all.

wouldn't call it a disadvantage. we got it for free. and if you still want it in rb2 or 3 you need to pay for it like America did.
    if anything the Americans had a disadvantage because they weren't able to play it before buying it for the later games.
    Pernicious0281;4842673 said:
    The way I am looking at it, you get 25 songs for 15 bucks. Who cares that two of them are from RB2. Especially considering they are updated as RB3 tracks. But I guess you can only please some of the people some of the time and never all of the people all of the time. I will be enjoying some Spoonman in a couple weeks!
    please change your avatar ;_;
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    I'm not even concerned with the setlist that much. I just want to play the game. The songs are an added bonus.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842543 said:
    Can't wait to play two songs that were ALREADY ON ROCK BAND 2.

Yeah! Actually, I'm going to pop in Rock Band 2 right now to play Spoonman on harmonies! Oh...
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4842666 said:
    The complete list of MIA disc songs:

As Made Famous by Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills (RB1)
    As Made Famous by Black Sabbath - Paranoid (RB1)
    Metallica - Enter Sandman (RB1)

Tokio Hotel - Monsoon (European RB1)
    Oasis - Rock and Roll Star (European RB1)
    Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex (European RB1)
    Metallica - Battery (RB2)
    Journey - Any Way You Want It (RB2)

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (RB2)

BLUE is we have the original version or a live version playable in RB3.
    RED is songs that are not playable in any form in RB3 and affects everyone.
    YELLOW is songs which only affect Europeans.

This list of songs is my new DLC want list. Lets bring 'em on home HMX!

In all honesty though, I personally believe that the HMX crew would jump through any and all hoops to get us those songs back if the hoops presented themselves.