Spoonman and Give it Away

BeebBeeb Banned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Can't wait to play two songs that were ALREADY ON ROCK BAND 2.

Comments

• dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    lol yur funy
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Well, they were going to re-license them anyway, but this was an odd way to do it. Doesn't mean I'm not glad they're back. It'll be even better if they're RB3 versions too.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842543 said:

You don't have to! Pop that Rock Band 2 disc back in anytime you want to play them!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    TylerFG;4842546 said:
    Well, they were going to re-license them anyway, but this was an odd way to do it. Doesn't mean I'm not glad they're back. It'll be even better if they're RB3 versions too.
    I don't see why they wouldn't be.
  • edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842543 said:

1) Check my follow up post in the announcement thread.

2) Not everyone buying RB Blitz will have played RB2.

3) Including them in the Blitz soundtrack is cheaper for the community than charging $2 for DLC.

4) We get more requests to bring these songs back than any other lost in export.

5) Don't play them if you don't like them.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2012
    It's like I'm psychic!

Who wants to pay me for the lottery numbers :P
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2012
    TylerFG;4842546 said:
    It'll be even better if they're RB3 versions too.

I can see Spoonman immediately benefiting from an RB3 version with vocals. Less certain about Give It Away.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited August 2012
    I DID NOT THINK THIS THROUGH and that's pretty cool how they're RB3 versions now but it's still ridiculous.

People want to buy a game with 25 new songs. Not 23 and 2 others that people keep begging for.

I'm surprised Hysteria isn't on there.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842560 said:
    People want to buy a game with 25 new songs. Not 23 and 2 others that people keep begging for.

Which is it again that "people" want? You contradicted yourself there.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    So are these songs going to be updated to be RB3 versions? I'm not sure if either of the songs have harmonies or keyboards anyway, but I'm curious nonetheless.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Beeb;4842560 said:
    I DID NOT THINK THIS THROUGH and that's pretty cool how they're RB3 versions now but it's still ridiculous.

They never said there were 25. They said there were over 20. So the options may have been "23 songs, flat", or "23 songs, plus these two reintroductions". And given those two options, which looks better?

If they had released 25 new songs plus these two you'd just be *****ing that you'd have preferred 27 new songs. So was there any way to please you?
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    HMXHenry, If you guys ever go back and offer pro guitar/bass upgrades for any of the Blitz songs, please please please offer one for Give It Away

Very psyched the two RB2 songs are back, now my Blood Sugar Sex Magik album is complete again.

Hope this means that more RHCP DLC is in the works, I know people will complain because they already have 25+ songs in the game but they could have 25 more and it still wouldn't be enough in my eyes
  • LeodwyldLeodwyld Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I'm happy to have them back. I've thought since the leak that these two songs are the reason they switched back and forth between 20+ and 25 songs. It really makes sense.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Leodwyld;4842567 said:
    I'm happy to have them back. I've thought since the leak that these two songs are the reason they switched back and forth between 20+ and 25 songs. It really makes sense.

Yeah, i figured saying 25 New songs would have had people up in arms because not all 25 would have been 'new'.

A while back on rockbandaide there was an interview about Blitz and the question was asked if there were any chances that old songs that didn't export would return. The response from Harmonix was the 'there are always miracles that can occur with music licensing, stay tuned' or something along those lines.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Can I start predicting (or should I say... requesting?) the DLC to 8/28?

Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life (RB3 Version)"
    Europe - "The Final Countdown (RB3 Version)"
    Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero (RB3 Version)"
    Journey - "Don't Stop Believin' (RB3 Version)" and/or "Any Way You Want It (RB3 Version)"

My hopes were raising after this two songs.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2012
    In RB3, will the songs be sorted under "Rock Band 2" or with the rest of the DLC?
    edited August 2012
    edfrank_jr;4842575 said:
    Can I start predicting (or should I say... requesting?) the DLC to 8/28?

Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life (RB3 Version)"
    Europe - "The Final Countdown (RB3 Version)"
    Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero (RB3 Version)"
    Journey - "Don't Stop Believin' (RB3 Version)" and/or "Any Way You Want It (RB3 Version)"

My hopes were raising after this two songs.

The only one of the above that bears any relevance whatsoever is "Any Way You Want It".

I don't know why the reissue of nonexported songs would give an iota of traction for reissues of songs that play just fine in RB3. They haven't released an RB3 version of a past-issued and still-playable-in-RB3 track since... early December 2010?
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I'm happy to be getting both of those back, but on the same token upset that "Any Way You Want It" didn't make it back as well.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Very glad to see these back! Particularly Spoonman which should be great fun on Pro Drums.

Whiners will whine.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Blitz has a very small handful of songs I'd buy as singles (not including Spoonman and Give it Away. Was happy to never play those again, thanks online players).

If there's another solid core RB game in the future that I love, I'd buy Blitz for my handful and to keep onliners happy.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4842549 said:
    You don't have to! Pop that Rock Band 2 disc back in anytime you want to play them!
    This is why they should have released the songs as optional DLC, so that people who would rather stick to playing them in Rock Band 2 can do just that. Unless DLC was impossible and something like this was the only way this could happen; the way music licensing works sometimes, I can believe anything.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    I am fairly disgruntled by it as well, but it's not like there's any proof to "Spoonman and Give it Away stole 2 slots from other songs."

For all I know, it was a 23 song setlist and those 2 managed to round it out.
    I'm very happy about Spoonman coming back, and even though I would prefer a new song taking its slot and Spoonman coming back as DLC, it's still a bargain.
    edited August 2012
    folkeye;4842609 said:
    Blitz has a very small handful of songs I'd buy as singles (not including Spoonman and Give it Away. Was happy to never play those again, thanks online players).

I'm largely the same.

A song I would buy as a single I value at $2.

A song I'd be content to have in my library but wouldn't go out of my way or pay fullprice to own, I'd value at $1.

By that measure, the Blitz setlist is worth $16 to me - 4 tracks I'd buy as singles and 8 I'm content with (and 11 I will likely one-lighter, and the 2 returnees that I consider already-paid-for). So even before considering the Blitz game itself, it's still worth it to me (barely).
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    It's worth it to me. If I didn't buy Blitz I'd just waste my $15 on booze anyway.
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget there's a sweet game included, too!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    It's a little annoying seeing as I already have it sitting on my HDD from RB1, so I'm having to kind of buy it twice. but because it's only 1200 MSP that makes up for it for me I think.
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    metalkorn;4842622 said:
    It's a little annoying seeing as I already have it sitting on my HDD from RB1, so I'm having to kind of buy it twice. but because it's only 1200 MSP that makes up for it for me I think.

They were in RB2. Neither of them are on your HDD.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4842614 said:
    I'm largely the same.

A song I would buy as a single I value at $2.

A song I'd be content to have in my library but wouldn't go out of my way or pay fullprice to own, I'd value at $1.

By that measure, the Blitz setlist is worth $16 to me - 4 tracks I'd buy as singles and 8 I'm content with (and 11 I will likely one-lighter, and the 2 returnees that I consider already-paid-for). So even before considering the Blitz game itself, it's still worth it to me (barely).

I'd value it about the same way. I value Blitz at $33 under that formula, so I'm pumped as heck with the way this has played out!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Its proof in the pudding that HMX listens... glad to have the two songs back, or at least glad Spoonman is back because im not big on the Chillis.

Gives Journey fans a hope. Sad thing is its extremely unlikely Europe will get same love given we were exclusive in being ommited from Oasis, Tokio Hotel songs etc. Simply too small a number effected but i suppose there is the stance that RB3 versions would be different versions in the first place and could be that incentive to HMX paying to license them again.

Now to hope all licensing done on the Blitz tracks avoids the same nonscence of them dissapearing in future titles, you only miss some songs when they are gone.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    As someone who purchased Blood Sugar Sex Magik I am very happy to see Give It Away will be playable for RB3. Spoonman was also one of the best songs to play on RB2 so I'm glad for that one as well.