"Full instrument support" = Pro mode as well?

APackofRabidSquirrelsAPackofRabidSquirrels Opening Act
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Just curious! There's a bunch of songs on there I'd love to play in Pro mode!

Comments

• MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    There are no Pro guitar/bass upgrades included in Blitz, but according to the "Rumors and Facts" thread, they've said on Twitter that there is a strong possibility of upgrades later on.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I've not been able to find any official word on Harmony Vocal tracks. And there are Keys that have been shown in the preview videos for songs on the Blitz package, and thus Pro Keys, right?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    There are Harmonies and Pro Keys but no Pro Guitar/Bass. They did say its possible for Pro upgrades for the Blitz songs.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Why wouldn't there be (pro) keys and harmonies?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4842872 said:
    I've not been able to find any official word on Harmony Vocal tracks. And there are Keys that have been shown in the preview videos for songs on the Blitz package, and thus Pro Keys, right?

The songs are going to have all the core features of a $2 RB3-era downloadable song - vocals, harmonies, 5-lane keys, Pro Keys, 5-lane guitar, 5-lane bass, regular drums, and Pro drums. Pro guitar/bass are the only features that will not be available, at least not until they are possibly offered later on.
    edited August 2012
    Can you point me to where this was announced, officially? I've been reading about Blitz! for months now, but I don't remember ever seeing this feature confirmed.
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4842889 said:
    Can you point me to where this was announced, officially? I've been reading about Blitz! for months now, but I don't remember ever seeing this feature confirmed.

Announce what? That the songs will have Pro Keys and Harmonies? They mentioned that all the songs were made "in" Rock Band 3 and then Blitzkrieged(my word for Blitzification) so there is no reason why they WOULDNT have Pro keys and harmonies.
    edited August 2012
    Source: Every song they've released in the nearly two years since Rock Band 3.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4842889 said:

I'm not quite sure if they're ever listed each feature that Blitz songs will have in RB3, but they have said that the Blitz songs will appear as RB3 format DLC. RB3 format DLC includes harmonies/keys/Pro Keys where applicable.
    HMXMister_Game;4718855 said:
    All the Blitz songs will be delivered as a separate package which can be downloaded only after the full game is purchased. After this package is downloaded they will appear as standard RB3 format DLC on the console.

Actually, hmxhenry did start listing out specific RB3 features for some songs in Blitz, so hopefully that will help ease any concerns/worries you might still have about what kinds of features Blitz songs will have in RB3:
    hmxhenry;4842668 said:
    Yes, these songs will both have RB3 features where applicable. They won't appear in the library as RB3 version, because the legacy versions don't appear in the RB3 setlist. Still, they will both have pro drums, harmonies and keys where applicable (i.e. Give It Away should have keys, Spoonman will not).
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4842916 said:
    Actually, hmxhenry did start listing out specific RB3 features for some songs in Blitz, so hopefully that will help ease any concerns/worries you might still have about what kinds of features Blitz songs will have in RB3:

I was never concerned that the Blitz songs wouldn't have harmonies or pro keys (where applicable), I was merely a little bit surprised that it was never officially confirmed, or listed out exactly which songs would have these features (at least, I never saw such a list - thanks for including the blurb from hmxhenry). I guess that's one more thing we can look forward to finding out, though maybe not until the game is actually released.

Early posts speculated that none of these features would be added, since Blitz! doesn't use them, other than keys (which surely wouldn't be included without a Pro Keys option as well).
    edited August 2012
    Blitz doesn't use 5-lane or vocal charts either. If you can export the songs to Rock Band 3 (which was confirmed the day the game itself was announced), there's no reason to assume it wouldn't have all the features of every DLC song since Rock Band 3.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Meat-Popsicle;4842944 said:
    Early posts speculated that none of these features would be added, since Blitz! doesn't use them, other than keys (which surely wouldn't be included without a Pro Keys option as well).

I'm guessing it wasn't stated explicitly because it seemed like common sense that they would be compatible with RB3 in the conventional ways. Those speculative posts sound way off-base. Blitz doesn't use lower difficulties either, but HMX wouldn't omit those charts from Rock Band 3 when the songs are used in that game.

(Also, I'm curious why you sometimes use an exclamation mark after "Blitz." I don't believe it's part of the title if that's what you were going for.)
    edited August 2012
    Whoops. Somehow I thought it was. I guess it's just always at the end of every announcement.

"Just Announced - all the songs for Blitz!"

For the record, I'm excited enough about this release to use a lot of exclamation points myself!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4842896 said:

Every song, you say?
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4843141 said:

Perhaps you missed the "where applicable" part in hmx's announcements?(and yes I know SDTL left that part out)

And it still has pro drums. Just sayin'. ;)
    edited August 2012
    bonethug0108;4843503 said:
    So do RB1 songs
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4843505 said:
    So do RB1 songs

Right, but it's still only a rb3 feature. Point remains.

Plus this sidesteps the main point of "where applicable".
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    bonethug0108;4843503 said:

So does every HMX-charted song ever. And don't say "Just sayin'." Please. Don't ever say that again.
    edited August 2012
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4842896 said:
    Except for the Country Track Pack 2 + Export.
    edited August 2012
    Icemage;4843544 said:
    Except for the Country Track Pack 2 + Export.

Yes, but the songs were licensed and finished before rb3. When it came time to release them as dlc we got rb3 versions.

The rb2 free pack is the closest thing we have to breaking the rule. It was really just an extension of the rb2 export, which lacked rb3 features, but was released as dlc.

Why is everyone trying to find a technicality on this. The blitz songs will be rb3 enabled. It was obvious before and more obvious now.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    bonethug0108;4843561 said:
    Yes, but the songs were licensed and finished before rb3. When it came time to release them as dlc we got rb3 versions.

The rb2 free pack is the closest thing we have to breaking the rule. It was really just an extension of the rb2 export, which lacked rb3 features, but was released as dlc.

Why is everyone trying to find a technicality on this. The blitz songs will be rb3 enabled. It was obvious before and more obvious now.

We're not in disagreement over the RB Blitz setlist being harmony/pro keys capable. I'm just poking at the absolute statement made about how "Every song they've released in the nearly two years since Rock Band 3" has had RB3 pro support, because it's not true. CTP2 released after RB3, and so did its export.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    The Free Pack was supposed to be released on launch day.
    edited August 2012
    Fine. Everything except for one Track Pack a year and a half ago that I forgot about (and even that had harmonies).
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4843629 said:
    Fine. Everything except for one Track Pack a year and a half ago that I forgot about (and even that had harmonies).
    Plus, if you really want to cover your ass, point out how Harmonix made sure to say it DIDN'T have keys, and they really didn't run around saying Blitz didn't have RB3 features, so people are just idiots.
  • 88sBand88sBand Road Warrior
    edited August 2012