DLC Discussion 8/21: Black Keys 3 Pack w/ Tighten Up, Howlin' for You and Lonely Boy!

Comments

• edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4847006 said:
    YESSSSSSS OMG YESSSSSSSSS

I'm extremely excited. Fantastic band, fantastic song choices.

This was one of the many bands I predicted, and I predicted all three songs as well (although my prediction was a 4-pack, with "Gold on the Ceiling" included. I'm so glad my prediction was correct. Thank you, Harmonix. I am eternally grateful, not only for bringing us more from The Black Keys, but for everything you do.

I hope the next pack has "Dead and Gone" and "Gold on the Ceiling" and any song from Brothers (so we can get album sorting for it and El Camino), but what you gave us is essentially the perfect Black Keys 3-pack.

Overall, this is just so wonderful. Probably my favorite DLC of the year so far.

Finally someone who agrees with me!
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited August 2012
  • CellarRatCellarRat Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    It's so nice to see something you request come to fruition. Thanks for the triple joy HMX!
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4847003 said:
    I'd be curious to find out if this is considered old people music.

Considering the musicians are definitely not in their 20s or early 30s, sure.

That's why they are popular. They are modern, which usually offends older people, but they play for older people, so they are popular.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4847003 said:
    I'd be curious to find out if this is considered old people music.

God I hope not, because this band didn't even exist when I was "young."
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    I was quickly browsing through comments, when I see that peterike said something nice! All I see is "HMX made me happy!" So I go back to the top of his comment to read it.
    peterike;4846974 said:
    This gang of ultra-derivative faux blooz pastiche mongers practically define the word "mediocrity,"
    ...I'm done reading.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    If I wasn't at work, I'd be screaming and jumping for joy! Instead it was just a sharp intake of breath upon seeing the announcement then a huge smile on my face. The Black Keys followed by all of the great songs on Blitz... faith fully restored! Not that I ever truly lost faith, but there were some rough patches back there. I'm a little surprised at no "Gold on the Ceiling" due to recognizability among the general public, but this is the perfect medium for me. Older hits plus the first single from the newest album. Great stuff
    edited August 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4847009 said:
    Finally someone who agrees with me!

Of course I do! We always agree, even when we don't.
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    No. Convince me that lessons or learn a song has something in the pro track worth the purchase otherwise no.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
    GRRRUMBLE;4847021 said:
    No. Convince me that lessons or learn a song has something in the pro track worth the purchase otherwise no.
    Did you play any one of the Keys' songs in RS? Congrats, you know what the lessons are.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Sweet I do like these songs, dem harmonies on Lonely Boy. Even though I really want these songs it might not be an instant purchase unless I can get more Microsoft Points (saving up for Blitz).
    Also I still need to get the first Black Keys pack.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Sargehalo51;4847016 said:
    God I hope not, because this band didn't even exist when I was "young."

I don't know... 11 years old and playing bluesy songs screams old people music to me. Not that I really have any idea what the term means.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Meh, I'm pretty much over The Black Keys. Had enough of them with Rocksmith.

CCR in RS wins this week.
    edited August 2012
    Lowlander2;4847029 said:
    Did you play any one of the Keys' songs in RS? Congrats, you know what the lessons are.

I did...and the what I learned from those lessons are that I will not pay for any more of their songs nor willingly put any that I already have in any type of setlist or quickplay in either RB or RS.
    edited August 2012
    peterock2007;4847034 said:
    Meh, I'm pretty much over The Black Keys. Had enough of them with Rocksmith.

CCR in RS wins this week.

For once I agree with you!
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, if next week is something I enjoy (and really, if it's anything other than metal, chances are I enjoy it), this will be the best few weeks in RB history. Excluding October 26th, 2010-December 14th, 2010. Which was truly a legendary streak that will not be beaten. Three 12-packs, a week with 13 Queen songs, a full album by John Lennon, a whole bunch more classic rock and a game release within the course of two months? I mean come on.

Anyways, The Black Keys and Rock Band Blitz? That's pretty awesome to me too!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2012
    2 straight weeks of no DLC purchases. Before this year, that was a rare occurrence for me.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    This release has the highest being-excited-for-other-people:being-excited-for-myself ratio.

I have no interest in The Black Keys (though, I will look at the playthrough videos to see if I want any for sure), but I do recognize that not only are they popular enough to warrant another pack, easily, but that they are a unique sound that Rock Band does not see very much of. So, good choice, HMX. Unfortunately, I probably won't like very many, if any, of the songs.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Pass, and pass on even previewing... dislike the band.
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4846912 said:
    Wow! It's something I'll actually be buying. After all, this is basically classic rock.

No.............
    edited August 2012
    Mileycyrussoulja;4846926 said:
    And hey, Yogurt with Sprinkles is coming to the RBN! Although I can't buy it this is grand indeed!!

Better than this weeks 3 songs.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    Jibblypuff;4846998 said:
    reaction facey

oh well, at least RBN has 1 song i like
    Same.

I knew it was gonna be hard to beat this week's RBN ;)
    edited August 2012
    Dangimarocker;4847043 said:
    No.............

I can't believe Jglaubman said that! There is nothing "classic rock" about the Black Keys.

I know I'm kinda old, having been born in 1971, but the songs/bands I consider "classic rock" all were at their prime before 1990.
    edited August 2012
    I guess I consider "classic rock" more of a genre rather than a collection of certain decades.
  • Rasie1Rasie1 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Nothing for me here again :c
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4847051 said:
    I guess I consider "classic rock" more of a genre rather than a collection of certain decades.

They don't even fit under classic rock as a genre....
    They simply modern blues/rock.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    Jglaubman;4847051 said:

Classic rock isn't really a genre, more of it being a label used by radio stations.

So technically, it is a collection of decades.
  • SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    • The Black Keys –“Howlin’ for You”
    • The Black Keys – “Lonely Boy”

Two awesome tracks after... weeks... of not being that interested in offered DLC.

Had "Gold on the Ceiling" been released, I would've considered taking Tuesday off to rock out... thanks HMX for more Black Keys
    edited August 2012
    Dangimarocker;4847053 said:
    They don't even fit under classic rock as a genre....
    They simply modern blues/rock.

Well I guess I'm wrong then.

When I think of "modern rock", I do not think of anything even remotely resembling "bluesy music".
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    WTF harmonix? this should of been at least a six pack. they got so many fun tracks.

i must say, my drums are ready.