What kind of RockBand.com content would you like to see?

edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Hey gang,

With nearly 5 years of Rock Band content under our belts, we've done and talked about a lot of stuff. I mean, like, A LOT of stuff. I'm not sure how much time you spend over in [url="http://www.rockband.com/blog"]The Blog[/url"] but it is literally jammed to overflowing with interviews, videos, articles, podcasts, dev write ups and more.

Every once in a while we like to check in with the community to see what kind of stuff you like, what you don't like, what you want to see more of, etc. NOW IS THAT TIME. There are a bunch of regular features that we plan to keep in rotation (most notably the weekly livestreams and the bi weekly podcasts) but we want to use this thread as a way for the community to request specific content, volunteer for specific content and generally let us know how you'd like to see us focus The Blog.

Feel free to weigh in on any of the options above or write in your own suggestions. We're open to pretty much anything provided that we have the tools and the bandwidth. Let us know what you think!

Oh, and the poll allows multiple selections, so vote away!

Comments

• fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I tweeted that I want to see more DLC early announcements and teasers, but couldn't properly convey all my thoughts in 140 characters.

I'd like to see these announcements tied to some of the other suggestions in the poll. For example, do an interview with, say, Megadeth, and tie that interview to an early announcement that there is more Megadeth in the pipeline. Review a classic concert, and then announce that we are getting content from that artist. Stuff like that. We as a community like early teases/announcements, and this, in my opinion, is a way to make those announcements fun.

Edit: I have no idea where that smiley face came from, but I cant get rid of it!
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    i just want the maximum amount of effort and resources to go to good dlc thats why i play and a good request systym so we dont geet a lot of small niche groups ...and .the forum to be a mature vehicle for getting our views out i am not complaining you have been more than fair to me lately we might just have to be the adults in the room
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    If we can see rough sales like Sayburr said, that would be delightful. Other than that, I said music history stuff.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I am definitely in favor of RBN Artist interviews. I always love to hear from RBN Artists. Especially ones that are active on the forums.

I did check other options, as well. Pictures, interviews with devs, those are always cool. Oh yeah and LIVE STREAMS like you guys have done once or twice are always fun. Where we ask questions, etc. Hear behind the scenes stuff. Those are great.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4844164 said:
    I am definitely in favor of RBN Artist interviews. I always love to hear from RBN Artists. Especially ones that are active on the forums.

like yourself?
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4844165 said:
    like yourself?

Oh, gosh, here comes the requests again. *puts on sunglasses and hat* I hate being so gosh darn popular and famous! I can't even post without requests of "oh my gosh! It's A Talking Fish" and "you should do an interview with Harmonix". It's okay guys, there's enough of us for everyone.
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4844176 said:
    Oh, gosh, here comes the requests again. *puts on sunglasses* I hate being so gosh darn popular and famous! I can't even post without requests of "oh my gosh! It's A Talking Fish" and "you should do an interview with Harmonix". It's okay guys, there's enough of us for everyone.

I'd laugh if that weren't so damn true. You goddamn local celebrity.
    edited August 2012
    Has anyone told Fish that they do weekly livestreams? It doesn't seem like he knows.
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4844179 said:
    Has anyone told Fish that they do weekly livestreams? It doesn't seem like he knows.

If you read you'd see that he meant the livestreams where they answer questions and whatnot, like the Valentine's stream.
    edited August 2012
    dragoninforcer;4844177 said:
    I'd laugh if that weren't so damn true. You goddamn local celebrity.

Seriously, though, haha whenever Jade and I are hanging out, whenever we reference one of our videos or songs, we always go "(in someone else's voice) oh my gosh, are those the guys from A Talking Fish??" "Oh jeeze, not again, oh my goodness"

But in reality, of course, it never actually happens. Except, of course, sometimes here or in the HMX chats. So I embrace my false sense of purpose and popularity because otherwise I'd have to cope with the reality of failure.
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4844179 said:
    dragoninforcer;4844182 said:
    If you read you'd see that he meant the livestreams where they answer questions and whatnot, like the Valentine's stream.

This. The weekly livestreams are good, but short and don't do much more than show off charts and stuff. Which is good, but yeah, I was referring to the bigger ones, a hour or two long, with G&A and stuff.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    I selected everything but the photo features with little writing. While I love me some photos, writing is where it's at.
    edited August 2012
    atalkingfish;4844183 said:
    Seriously, though, haha whenever Jade and I are hanging out, whenever we reference one of our videos or songs, we always go "(in someone else's voice) oh my gosh, are those the guys from A Talking Fish??" "Oh jeeze, not again, oh my goodness"

But in reality, of course, it never actually happens. Except, of course, sometimes here or in the HMX chats. So I embrace my false sense of purpose and popularity because otherwise I'd have to cope with the reality of failure.

Pseudo-popularity on the internet is always a self esteem booster.
    edited August 2012
    dragoninforcer;4844194 said:
    Pseudo-popularity on the internet is always a self esteem booster.
    How would you know, no one even pays attention to your birthday.
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4844195 said:
    How would you know, no one even pays attention to your birthday.

SHUT THE **** UP

YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT

I AM AN INTERNET FAILURE

LIFE HAS NO MEANING ANYMORE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

caps
    edited August 2012
    All my new targeting of DI has brought us to this one moment of broken hearts.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I’m one that doesn’t read the blog, nor has listened to a pod cast of any sort in my life. No form of preview got me to buy a song, nor do I read interviews with bands… yeah, I’m boring that way.

I do have some interest in the behind the scenes stuff. Or even game related ground up stuff (on past/present/future/things that didn’t make it games) why things end up the way they do, why some design choices were made, how they were made, what other idea did it compete against in final decision making… that sort of stuff. The nitty gritty of what made the cut and what didn’t in the end. And in all honesty, what worked about it and what didn’t from a designer/developer POV/and if one would do the same thing again in another game or try to change it if said thing was a success/not so much. Yeah, I like hearing about building blocks and how they were put together more than anything.

Another thing I like, which sort of relates to the above is the Q&A sessions from the fans to you. Be open to whatever gets fired your way on your games. It gets that warm fuzzy connection thing going with the community and Devs.
  • edited August 2012
    Is this the right place to ask for a GNF and Lowlander podcast?

Also RBN artist interviews and behind the scenes stuff would be cool.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2012
    I'd love more RBN artists. But don't interview me. All I'll say is "People think my music sucks, so don't buy it."
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    We should have a Cipher and GNF show =P

In all seriousness, interviews with bands would be pretty cool =)
    edited August 2012
    Why is everyone trying to podcast-pair me with some of the worst people here?
    edited August 2012
    I know. It'd mean I'd have to listen to both your voices.

Pass.
    edited August 2012
    dragoninforcer;4844244 said:
    I know. It'd mean I'd have to listen to both your voices.

Pass.
    We'd do birthday shoutouts and you wouldn't be mentioned.
    edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4844249 said:
    We'd do birthday shoutouts and you wouldn't be mentioned.

Way to take that joke and run it straight into the ground.
  • edited August 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4844242 said:
    Why is everyone trying to podcast-pair me with some of the worst people here?

Lowlander would rant about things and you would just pop upto tell him he's wrong. It's brilliant!
    edited August 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4844253 said:
    Lowlander would rant about things and you would just pop upto tell him he's wrong. It's brilliant!
    I would rarely even speak, except when he took a breath.
  • ErikSarcasmErikSarcasm Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    MySummerJob;4844239 said:
    We should have a Cipher and GNF show =P

That'd be like the Ricky Gervais Show...
    edited August 2012
    ErikSarcasm;4844258 said:
    That'd be like the Ricky Gervais Show...

I imagine Cipher being Karl talking about everything, and GNF being Ricky who is just there to laugh and criticize.