Playtesting

JL87 aka MaineJL87 aka Maine Opening Act
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Post edited for better clarification:

I have audition mode, and I'm interesting in playtesting. How do I become a tester? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Edited: I have an XNA account, and it's linked to my gamertag (GooseNation01). I also have Magma V2. I have the free time, so that's not an issue. What's the next step to becoming a tester?

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Did you buy a XNA account? It's $99 a year, but totally worth it.
    Note that testing does require a lot of free time, but still any time you can provide is superb.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2012
    DON'T purchase the XNA account yet!

Account linking is and has been borked for a while. Without account linking you can't do any testing so you'd be wasting your money. I unfortunately found this out the hard way after purchasing a new TAG test account that isn't able to get activated.

Harmonix is looking into it but there's no ETA for a fix.

Which unfortunately means if you're an artist, author, or tester you can't sign up for RBN for the foreseeable future.

Which is hopefully fixed soon as we need more help testing to get the huge pile of songs through ;)
  • JL87 aka MaineJL87 aka Maine Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Dangimarocker;4846683 said:
    Did you buy a XNA account? It's $99 a year, but totally worth it.
    Note that testing does require a lot of free time, but still any time you can provide is superb.

Yes, I bought the yearly subscripton of XBA.
    edited August 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4846723 said:
    DON'T purchase the XNA account yet!

Account linking is and has been borked for a while. Without account linking you can't do any testing so you'd be wasting your money. I unfortunately found this out the hard way after purchasing a new TAG test account that isn't able to get activated.

Harmonix is looking into it but there's no ETA for a fix.

Which unfortunately means if you're an artist, author, or tester you can't sign up for RBN for the foreseeable future.

Which is hopefully fixed soon as we need more help testing to get the huge pile of songs through ;)

I already have XNA, and it's linked to my account. As for "TAG", I'm not sure what that is. Further help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    JL87 aka Maine;4846939 said:
    I already have it XNA, and it's linked to my account. As for "TAG", I'm not sure what that is. I Further help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TAG is a RBN authoring group
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4846945 said:
    TAG is a RBN authoring group
    Oh, duh lol. Thanks for the reply.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2012
    JL87 aka Maine;4846939 said:
    I already have it XNA, and it's linked to my account. As for "TAG", I'm not sure what that is. I Further help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More clarification:

In order to playtest, you will need to link your Xbox gamertag to your creators.rockband.com account. This system is currently broken. Updates are being posted in this thread on rockband.com.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    HMXLachesis;4847042 said:
    More clarification:

In order to playtest, you will need to link your Xbox gamertag to your creators.rockband.com account. This system is currently broken. Updates are being posted in this thread on rockband.com.

"I already have it XNA, and it's linked to my account. As for "TAG", I'm not sure what that is. I Further help would be appreciated. Thanks."

Harmonix didn't read :P
    edited August 2012
    Dangimarocker;4847046 said:
    "I already have it XNA, and it's linked to my account. As for "TAG", I'm not sure what that is. I Further help would be appreciated. Thanks."

Harmonix didn't read :P

Hardly.

There is often confusion around the difference between linking to rockband.com and linking to creators.rockband.com. I don't see an active account on creators for the OP, so I wanted to make sure we were on the same page about which linking process is broken.
    edited August 2012
    HMXLachesis;4847047 said:
    Hardly.

There is often confusion around the difference between linking to rockband.com and linking to creators.rockband.com. I don't see an active account on creators for the OP, so I wanted to make sure we were on the same page about which linking process is broken.

Thanks for the replies. And we definitely were not on the same page with this. I see what you're referring to now, and I'm currently stuck. The function that allows me to edit my password and other information isn't working. When I try to change the email and password, or just the password, it says it's too weark, despite being very strong. The same functions are broken as well on this part of the site as well. I tried to simply link my account without updating my email or password, and it didn't work still. I sent an email, but it never went through. I checked the junk mail, but nothing. I guess this still hasn't been resolved yet.
    edited August 2012
    As I said in my last post, the edit account feature isn't working for me. So basically, when I click on my username up in the top right corner, I get an error that says, "504 Gateway Time-out, The server didn't respond in time". My GT in my sig is dated. And I wanted to change my email. Also, when I try to sign in to this account with 1 of the 3 emails I use, it doesn't work at all. The pass is correct. I have to sign in with my username.

It's the same on Creators.Rockband.com. Although on there I can get to the edit feature, it just doesn't save for me.
    edited August 2012
    You won't be able to link your creators.rockband.com account, as that functionality is currently not working (unrelated to the creators.rockband.com password problem that you're having, which is also a known problem that we're trying to fix. The password problem should be fixed much sooner.)
    edited August 2012
    HMXLachesis;4847330 said:
    You won't be able to link your creators.rockband.com account, as that functionality is currently not working (unrelated to the creators.rockband.com password problem that you're having, which is also a known problem that we're trying to fix. The password problem should be fixed much sooner.)

Again, thanks for the reply. So for final clarification, there's no way I can link my account, and become a playtester at the moment? Correct? If so, that sucks. I know you guys are in need of more people to help with this, and I personally would enjoy doing this. Also, I'm sure you know I sent a private message, but due to this issue, I can't see if there was a reply. Hopefully you guys get these kinks figured out soon.
    edited August 2012
    JL87 aka Maine;4847636 said:
    Again, thanks for the reply. So for final clarification, there's no way I can link my account, and become a playtester at the moment? Correct? If so, that sucks.

Confirmed on both counts - there is no way to become a playtester right now. And it does suck. It is not a good situation and we are working to resolve it.
    edited August 2012
    Password change functionality has been restored on creators.rockband.com.

Account linking is still in progress.
    edited November 2012
    Well, it's been a few months now. Has account linking been restored yet?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    JL87 aka Maine;4936350 said:
    Well, it's been a few months now. Has account linking been restored yet?
    Yes! Almost two months ago, in fact. :)