Blitz demo

MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I'm just curious to know if there will be a demo on the consoles anytime soon or when there will be one. I noticed the ad on rockbandaide, which led to a dead end and was just curious.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    There will be a demo for the 360 version for sure because it's required of all xbla games. I don't think it'll be out until the day the game comes out though
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited August 2012
    It comes out the same day as the game.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I believe PSN games all have trials too nowadays, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I asked them on twitter and they quickly responded with:
    https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/235441854466895873

"Demo will be released day of the official Blitz release."
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    DragoonXD;4848212 said:
    I believe PSN games all have trials too nowadays, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Sony doesn't require demos on PSN - it's optional, and a lot of games don't bother (it's an extra expense, and takes extra development time too). I don't think Harmonix have said whether or not there will be a PS3 demo.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Icemage;4848654 said:
    Sony doesn't require demos on PSN - it's optional, and a lot of games don't bother (it's an extra expense, and takes extra development time too). I don't think Harmonix have said whether or not there will be a PS3 demo.
    It'd be a shame if that were the case, but then again, the full game doesn't cost that much :P
  • KenjuanKenjuan Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Having already decided on buying this (mainly for the export), I hadn't given any thought to a demo. I'm pretty sure any RBB demo will feature at least one fully playable on-disc track, but I wonder if Harmonix might also allow time-limited trials (1-2 mins?) using our DLC as well.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Kenjuan;4848934 said:
    Having already decided on buying this (mainly for the export), I hadn't given any thought to a demo. I'm pretty sure any RBB demo will feature at least one fully playable on-disc track, but I wonder if Harmonix might also allow time-limited trials (1-2 mins?) using our DLC as well.

I doubt it because if you have access to your DLC then if you don't like the setlist you wouldn't buy the full game. I predict 3 on-disc songs playable hopefully with some powerups available too.
    edited August 2012
    Death on Two Legs, One Week, and These Days. Demo songs!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Yes a PSN Trial is more work, but it's nothing compared to what you have to do to get a game on XBLA with all of their requirements. It's probably a weeks work for one person plus testing, it's not that bad. Particularly considering they have to do similar work for Xbox anyway. I can't see them not having a trial for PSN.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Haven't they said before that there will be trial versions for both consoles? At least that's what I remember reading.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure they would have said something by now if the demo was Xbox-only.
    edited August 2012
    If there is a demo for Blitz on PS3 and it comes out the same day as the games Ill download it just to get some practice in before I get the real deal on 360
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4849542 said:
    If there is a demo for Blitz on PS3 and it comes out the same day as the games Ill download it just to get some practice in before I get the real deal on 360

that's actually a good idea - i will probably do the same.
  • edited August 2012
    Yes, triple confirmed, there will be demos for RB Blitz on both PS3 and 360 on the 28th and 29th respectively. There will be 3 songs included in the demo and windows into a much of the fully featured version, and the demo should even allow you to carry scores and coins along with you if / when you upgrade to the full version.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    And the demo is basically the download for the full game, right? You just download the song pack separately (and maybe some 100KB unlock) after purchasing, correct?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    I'm so glad that "One Week" is included in the demo! I want as many people to be able to play that song as possible!
  • edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4849622 said:
    I'm so glad that "One Week" is included in the demo! I want as many people to be able to play that song as possible!

Now I need to get the demo for my PS3 a day before buying it for my Xbox.
  • edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4849618 said:
    And the demo is basically the download for the full game, right? You just download the song pack separately (and maybe some 100KB unlock) after purchasing, correct?

Not really, no. The demo only has access to 3 songs from the setlist, limited power ups, you won't be able to access your RB DLC... as with other demos / trials, it's essentially a one level snapshot of the full game.
  • JibblypuffJibblypuff Pronounceable
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4849626 said:
    Not really, no. The demo only has access to 3 songs from the setlist, limited power ups, you won't be able to access your RB DLC... as with other demos / trials, it's essentially a one level snapshot of the full game.

i'm pretty sure she meant that the download has everything the full game needs in it. and that when you buy the full game it just unlocks the stuff that isn't playable in the demo?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4849624 said:

You lucky PS3 owner you!
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4849624 said:
    Huh. I hadn't thought about being able to try it a day early--thanks for pointing it out :D.
    edited August 2012
    Everyone is stealing my idea! BACK OFF ITS MY IDEA!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    mikeyts;4849677 said:
    Huh. I hadn't thought about being able to try it a day early--thanks for pointing it out :D.
    www1221;4849682 said:
    Everyone is stealing my idea! BACK OFF ITS MY IDEA!
    I like the idea too. :D
    A 1 day bonus for those of us who have both consoles, but have Xbox as our primary RB console.
    edited August 2012
    Jibblypuff;4849629 said:
    i'm pretty sure she meant that the download has everything the full game needs in it. and that when you buy the full game it just unlocks the stuff that isn't playable in the demo?

Yeah, that. I've downloaded games before where it was actually two downloads -- a demo, and a tiny tiny "unlock" file with it. I've never actually downloaded a demo prior to purchasing a game (and I've only done a few where I didn't later purchase the game), but as I understand it, that setup is somewhat common.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    So technically, if you own both and are buying for the Xbox, you get to try the game a day early....

So much win! :D Brilliant idea www1221
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4849715 said:
    Yeah, that. I've downloaded games before where it was actually two downloads -- a demo, and a tiny tiny "unlock" file with it. I've never actually downloaded a demo prior to purchasing a game (and I've only done a few where I didn't later purchase the game), but as I understand it, that setup is somewhat common.

Don't know about the actual game part, but I remember a HMX person saying that at least the actual song pack would be separately downloaded after purchase.
    edited August 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4849797 said:
    Don't know about the actual game part, but I remember a HMX person saying that at least the actual song pack would be separately downloaded after purchase.

Mhm :)
    SheSaidSheSaid;4849618 said:
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4849715 said:
    I know on 360 at least, the demos are always the "full" game. Then when you buy the full version, it just downloads a key that will unlock the rest of the game. I think it's like 64 or 108 kb? Can't remember, and it might vary depending on the game.