Red Dawn (2012)

RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
edited August 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoe7BdGdlg

What do you Wolverines think about this?

I think the more approriate title would be "Homefront", since there's only one "Red Dawn" and it came out in the '80's.

Comments

• lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    This movie is going to suck immensely. It's been sitting on the shelves for some time now. We probably would have never seen it if it weren't for The Avengers.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to have to see this, just so I can see Josh Peck shooting people.

That's freakin' "Drake & Josh" Josh everybody!!
  • SinValorSinValor Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Many die-hard Wolverine fans will be pissed...

Seriously, they'll think of this remake as betrayal to the original...like the same way Total Recall fans treated the remake of that movie.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    It's nice to see that while mounting a resistance and struggling to survive day by day, they still keep their hair perfect and skin dirt free. Only beautiful people survive disasters.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I tried watching the original, couldn't get through it.... and I love 80's movies.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2012
    Marlboro;4848914 said:
    I tried watching the original, couldn't get through it.... and I love 80's movies.

That's because you're a communist sympathizer. Wolverines!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited August 2012
    I like the original Red Dawn but lets be honest, it was hardly a masterpiece. I just find it funny seeing that kid from drake and josh holding a machine gun.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited August 2012
    I tried Red Dawn once but it didn't work as good as the blue Dawn and it looked like I killed something in the sink.

Seriously though, watching Red Dawn when it came out in the 80's made it much better than watching it now. If you weren't alive to see it then, you have witnessed the basic collapse of the "evil" Soviet Empire and the advances in CGI and movie making technology. The original definitely has a B-movie feel to it when I watch it now though.

I feel sorry for today's generation who didn't grow up with 4 channels, cartoons only on Saturday morning for 3 hours, and really crappy movies we thought were good. I can relate since I'm sure those clay-mation dinosaurs looked pretty advanced in the 60's through eyes that hadn't seen something like Jurassic Park or even Jaws but they always looked like crap to me.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Lawdog1521;4849383 said:
    That's because you're a communist sympathizer. Wolverines!

I do like Gorky Park