rock band for the new consoles

neomorph35neomorph35 Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band
This probably has been asked before but I was wondering if there might be anything in the works to support all rock band content as in the game and dlc cause i am sure ppl have put a lot of money into the dlc not to be able to import it on the next gen of consloes comin out next year, just wondering?

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    neomorph35;4848794 said:
    This probably has been asked before but I was wondering if there might be anything in the works to support all rock band content as in the game and dlc cause i am sure ppl have put a lot of money into the dlc not to be able to import it on the next gen of consloes comin out next year, just wondering?

No one knows.
    I would think the companies would be smart enough to support DLC from PS3/Xbox360 though, i will be switching to whichever one does. (Have both so it's not much to switch back)
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2012
    And, of course, just because new consoles come out, doesn't mean your old ones will stop working.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    BohemianMatt;4848818 said:
    And, of course, just because new consoles come out, doesn't mean your old ones will stop working.

No new DLCs though, my life would go to ruin. LOL :P
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited August 2012

Nor dies it mean that they will work. This is the first time that we will be going from an on-line console to another on-line console. Considering DRM, microtransactions and monetization of content, streaming content, the dominance of social games, and other changes in the last few years, we may be pretty shocked to see where games are going.

The DLC is only good as long as the licenses allow, only usable in games as specified on the licenses, and maybe even on specific consoles. We haven't seem them, but as a licenser, I'd want to lock down the usage as tight as I could. Remember when HMX had to relicense RB1 songs, etc.

So right now there are no answers, only questions. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012

I know what you mean, but, actually it kinda does. I put it at 5 years tops before online play on the 360 and the PS3 just doesn't exist anymore.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Disconnect your console from the Internet forever. If the content still works, problem solved. Else, do a license transfer.