Angry Birds' First Band Exclusive Title: Green Day Angry Birds!

tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
edited September 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Angry Birds jumped the shark a long time ago, but this is pretty interesting. Plus Green Day as the Green Pigs is pretty funny.

http://kotaku.com/5936315/green-day-and-angry-birds-might-be-the-most-awkward-pairing-in-video-game-history

http://greenday.angrybirds.com

Comments

  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    If only we had a Green Day music game...
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    Duh, I already played it.

    It's cool because you can unlock a secret level with a preview of a new song.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    It's weird how the Angry Birds have exploded as a franchise in the same way as Mickey Mouse or Mario, yet none of them even have names
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    This is absolutely ridiculous.

    So why do I love it so much?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    horsepastriesa;4850592 said:
    It's weird how the Angry Birds have exploded as a franchise in the same way as Mickey Mouse or Mario, yet none of them even have names

    Yeah, i honestly don't see the craze i guess... i tried the game and it was just "okay".
    Mario Brothers (the old ones) were untouchable.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I agree. As a game, it's...okay. I don't see how or why it got so big (but to be honest I really enjoy Angry Birds Space), and it's getting a wee bit out of hand. I don't even see how they could put much variety in their upcoming movie or theme park.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4850560 said:
    If only we had a Green Day music game...

    We do. It's called Tap Tap: Green Day
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    horsepastriesa;4850881 said:
    I agree. As a game, it's...okay. I don't see how or why it got so big (but to be honest I really enjoy Angry Birds Space), and it's getting a wee bit out of hand. I don't even see how they could put much variety in their upcoming movie or theme park.
    It's cheap, rode on the wave of successful Apple products, and had loads of free content. Seriously, that 99 cents went a long long way.

    Even though I despise the game, I find it admirable on how much effort it did to get where it is now.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4850886 said:
    It's cheap, rode on the wave of successful Apple products, and had loads of free content. Seriously, that 99 cents went a long long way.

    Even though I despise the game, I find it admirable on how much effort it did to get where it is now.

    It don't take much effort these days... compared to what Mario had to do back in the day.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    Dangimarocker;4851761 said:
    It don't take much effort these days... compared to what Mario had to do back in the day.
    It actually does take effort. Quite a lot of it. Just because we don't like it we can't deny the success and the luck that Angry Birds has had in the industry.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I think the Angry Birds games are good fun, but they're nothing awesome.

    (This coming from someone who owns multiple bird and pig plushies, one of them as my avatar -__-)
  • SinValorSinValor Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I think a part of my Green Day fanboy just got a heart attack, had a funeral, was sent to the afterlife and cleansed itself in heaven to never follow Green Day and its catalogue ever again.

    This is how low our music is sinking people, this is a warning, our music is doomed right now.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    Tykki-Teme;4852721 said:
    I think the Angry Birds games are good fun, but they're nothing awesome.

    (This coming from someone who owns multiple bird and pig plushies, one of them as my avatar -__-)
    Oh! Oh...
    *facepalm*
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited August 2012
    SinValor;4852871 said:
    I think a part of my Green Day fanboy just got a heart attack, had a funeral, was sent to the afterlife and cleansed itself in heaven to never follow Green Day and its catalogue ever again.

    This is how low our music is sinking people, this is a warning, our music is doomed right now.

    I have to disagree... its not all doom and gloom just because a band was featured in a game...
  • SinValorSinValor Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    firedoom666;4853575 said:
    I have to disagree... its not all doom and gloom just because a band was featured in a game...

    I hate how much Green Day have sold out big time, I mean this is just sad.

    Now I know most bands and artists have sold out already to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band series, but at least the games have something they can all relate to.

    But what does Green Day in Angry Birds show me? They've run out of other ways to make profit (like making another studio album), and they were desperate when it came to Angry Birds.

    And the whole unlocking previews of new songs in levels is just ridiculous, why can't they just release the songs on YouTube, Spotify, their website?

    If more artists continue to sell out to stuff like Angry Birds just for quick money, then I don't know how worse this could possibly get.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    SinValor;4853661 said:
    I hate how much Green Day have sold out big time, I mean this is just sad.

    They've probably been sellouts since before you even listened to them. Hell, it's hard to find a band that hasn't sold out. It's a fact of life. Music is a business.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited August 2012
    Oh no! How dare they sign a record deal, sell millions of albums, and get rich and famous! I only wanted them to be moderately successful and known only to a small number of people including myself!

    ^Those people who called them sellouts would probably have more of an argument than you saying they sold out by having a few levels in an Angry Birds game.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    SinValor;4853661 said:
    But what does Green Day in Angry Birds show me? They've run out of other ways to make profit (like making another studio album), and they were desperate when it came to Angry Birds.

    Umm...you know they have an album coming out in a month and two more planned in the future, right? They're using Angry Birds as a promotion for the forthcoming. Reprise Records and Green Day probably aren't making anything off of the Angry Birds levels, given it's essentially an interactive ad. And if they were desperate, they wouldn't have a tie-in with Angry Birds, a game downloaded by over 14 million people.
  • nitratec02nitratec02 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    It is an interesting move by Rovio. It will help in maintaining the popularity of the game.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    The term "sell out" is so overused anyway. I find it hard to take anyone seriously who abuses it.
Sign In or Register to comment.