Magical Mystery Tour reissued

clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
edited August 2012 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hey folks,

Thought those that might still check in here from time to time might be interested in the deluxe DVD/BluRay/vinyl remastering goo goo ga joob that Magical Mystery Tour is getting. To be released this fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVwjyteZx3c&feature=share

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    That is awesome! I have "A Hard Day's Night" on Blu-ray, I plan on getting "Yellow Submarine" soon (I can't believe I don't have it yet) and I'll get this as soon as possible. The Beatles are musical geniuses, but their genius translated to film as well. Their films are never anything short of a silly great time, and I can't wait to add this one to my collection.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2012
    I've mever seen it. Thanks for the info!
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I had the official Apple release of MMT on VHS way back in the late '80s/early '90s that looked really nice, but my DVD copy is from a terrible print.

I'm curious to know how that Yellow Sub DVD is. I have the version that came out a while back that spawned the Songtrack version of the album and it looks and sounds great, so I dunno if I want to plunk down for another version that might not be too different.
    edited August 2012
    If you have a Blu-ray player, I definitely recommend a Blu-ray copy of Yellow Submarine. I hear it looks and sounds absolutely astounding.
  • rmm886rmm886 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Wtf is let it be movie, no copys for download i found an expensive vhs version but im not gonna buy a vhs player for 1movie i found youtube videos but the 4-7 parts are missing
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited August 2012
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    OMG THIS MEANS MOAR DLC! Woo hoo
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4853329 said:
    OMG THIS MEANS MOAR DLC! Woo hoo

Just like the Yellow Submarine full album
    edited August 2012
    rmm886;4853309 said:
    Wtf is let it be movie, no copys for download i found an expensive vhs version but im not gonna buy a vhs player for 1movie i found youtube videos but the 4-7 parts are missing

Per the Wikipedia article on the film:

The movie was remastered from the original 16 mm film negative by Apple in 1992, with a few of those scenes used in The Beatles Anthology documentary. After additional remastering, a DVD release was planned to accompany the 2003 release of Let It Be... Naked, including a second DVD of bonus material,[17] but it never materialised. In February 2007, Apple Corps' Neil Aspinall said, "The film was so controversial when it first came out. When we got halfway through restoring it, we looked at the outtakes and realised: this stuff is still controversial. It raised a lot of old issues."[41]

An anonymous industry source told the Daily Express in July 2008 that, according to Apple insiders, McCartney and Starr blocked the release of the film on DVD. The two were concerned about the effect on the band's "global brand ... if the public sees the darker side of the story. Neither Paul nor Ringo would feel comfortable publicising a film showing The Beatles getting on each other's nerves ... There's all sorts of extra footage showing more squabbles but it's unlikely it will ever see the light of day in Paul and Ringo's lifetime."[42]

Well, the rest of us will be living longer than Paul and Ringo, so maybe we'll see it someday. I'm not sure why they're uptight about it. It's not like everyone doesn't know that part of their story.
    edited August 2012
    Ah, and as far as Let It Be goes, I saw the old VHS version when I was in high school. It's a pretty dull movie all around, but as a fan I would buy it if it was ever officially released on DVD.
    edited August 2012
    clarknova;4858230 said:
    Well, the rest of us will be living longer than Paul and Ringo, so maybe we'll see it someday. I'm not sure why they're uptight about it. It's not like everyone doesn't know that part of their story.

This. Why hide something that is public knowledge? But like you said, I'll probably outlive Paul and Ringo by a good fifty years, so I'm sure I'll see it eventually.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited August 2012
    Saw a crummy copy on You Tube, so this was insta-buy...Glad to see it remastered...Oct 9 won't be here soon enough.
    edited August 2012
    I'm still waiting for their actual movies to come out. I need to see them skiing with Ringos ring dammit