Jimmie's Chicken Shack?

tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in The Rock Band Network
So obviously, I'm not an authoring group, but I'd like to recommend a band to any authoring group willing to pursue them. That band is Jimmie's Chicken Shack.

I don't know if anyone's pursued them yet, but Jimmie's Chicken Shack was kinda big in the Late 90s/Early 2000s and have a reputation of playing any gig that pays, so they could be a pretty open to RBN. Their biggest hits are High and Do Right (both had playtime on MTV) but they have other great tracks like "Trash" or "Let's Get Flat."

If a one hit wonder band like Stroke 9 can get songs in RBN, Jimmie's Chicken Shack totally can. Like I said before, I'm not an authoring group, I'm just throwing this suggestion out there to more ambitious parties. But in Maryland, Jimmie's Chicken Shack has a rep of playing any gig that will pay, so they're probably willing to do RBN. At least get Do Right, that song's awesome!

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Hate to bump my own thread that no one's replied to BUT, I found an AWESOME live version of Trash (one of the songs I recommended before) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnw0owBbt5Y. Also here's a live version of Do Right from the same gig.

Had to share. Hopefully this will convince some authoring group to pursue them. Like I said before, I don't know anything about licensing, but JCS seems like the'yre pretty much open to anything business-wise and given the bit of popularity they had in the late 90s-early 00s, they might sell alright in RBN.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I have seen JCS 3-4 times back in the day. They were always a fun band to see. tons of energy and good songs. i would love to play "High" in Rockband. Someone must make this happen. Nice mention tdc002.