What's your Powerup loadout?

HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
edited June 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
Have you stumbled upon a go-to Powerup combo that seems to work best for you? DO TELL!

It's not very interesting, but Bandmate-Blast Notes-Super Guitar seems to hit the sweet spot for me. Bandmate assists in my obsession with maxing out all the tracks before checkpoints, Blast Notes are a simple yet effective way to get over the hump into Blitz Mode, and Super Guitar is super.

Howz about you guyz??

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    That mine as well. Sometimes Ill switch to a different super depending on the song but for most of the songs its Super Guitar. I was using Bottle Rocket/Blast Notes/Super Guitar for awhile but went back to Badmate.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    I mainly use Jackpot + Blast Notes + Super *insert instrument here*

I dabble in Fire Notes a bit, though.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    depends on the song, usually go with bandmate/blast/ random instrument
    but some songs give you only little time to max out all the stuff so i use bottle rockets on those.
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I find that bandmate + blast notes is actually a bad combination, because the bandmate will hit the blast notes and destroy notes that I was going to hit, making me break my Blitz streak. It sounds boring, but blast notes + bottle rocket is my go-to combo if I'm having trouble gold starring a song. If you can hit a unison phrase of overdrive with an explosion, you get a HUGE amount of energy, leading to more explosions, ad nauseam. Plus blowing holes in the tracks makes it easy to switch without losing your streak.
  • TerrificFalconTerrificFalcon Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Jackpot + Flame Notes + Super X.

I'm currently number 1 on 7 of the Blitz songs with that loadout, so I imagine I must be doing something right. Also got Gold Stars on all Blitz songs by using that one, so I guess it's fine. It gives you something like 4500 points for hitting a Flame Note while in Jackpot, so if you streak a few of these together, yeah, well...

If you want to see the full potential of it, try it out with Super Vocals on Song of the Century by Green Day.
    edited August 2012
    yeah, with bandmate + blast you gotta keep on eye on the track with bandmate as well and know when to stop for a second

also, bandmate will hit the pinball if you have both on at the same time
    edited August 2012
    TerrificFalcon;4857052 said:
    If you want to see the full potential of it, try it out with Super Vocals on Song of the Century by Green Day.

I did better on Song Of The Century with Doubler, Pinball and Super Vocals
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    TerrificFalcon;4857052 said:
    Jackpot + Flame Notes + Super X.

I'm currently number 1 on 7 of the Blitz songs with that loadout, so I imagine I must be doing something right. Also got Gold Stars on all Blitz songs by using that one, so I guess it's fine. It gives you something like 4500 points for hitting a Flame Note while in Jackpot, so if you streak a few of these together, yeah, well...

I'll have to try that. I'm not great with using the Jackpot though....
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Look at all you jerks with Blitz. And here I am waiting like a sucker.
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    BohemianMatt;4857232 said:
    It's ok brother. You're not alone. *holds you tightly*
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I appear to have double posted for some forbidden reason. I shall therefore take this editing opportunity to announce the fire/bandmate combination from the TTFATF live stream looked good to me, anyone tried it out?
    edited August 2012
    BohemianMatt;4857232 said:
    I can't wait for you to join us in playing :)
    Good luck with the code giveaways.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I've been experimenting with different load-outs for a few days, and it seems like I'm finding a new favorite combination each day. For those who want to be competitive, I recommend against sticking with one load-out that you're comfortable with. You'll be better off moving out of your comfort zone and trying to master most of the load-out combinations that make sense. Different song structures lend themselves to different optimal load-outs.
    edited August 2012
    I started using Road Rage/Bomb Notes/Super Guitar and that is now my go to set up for most songs. For the easier songs Ill go with Jackpot/Flame Notes/Super Instrument.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4857338 said:
    I've been experimenting with different load-outs for a few days, and it seems like I'm finding a new favorite combination each day. For those who want to be competitive, I recommend against sticking with one load-out that you're comfortable with. You'll be better off moving out of your comfort zone and trying to master most of the load-out combinations that make sense. Different song structures lend themselves to different optimal load-outs.
    Well said. If I know a song is gonna have a barrage of notes to hit, I've been experimenting with Road Rage. Waiting until your overdrive meter is full to deploy, then seeing the score rack up is crazy satisfying. Plus, it's always fun to come across a chunk of missing notes waaaay down the tracks, after you forgot you even deployed the dang thang.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    I've been sticking with Bandmate pretty frequently. Sometimes use Super Drums or Super Bass if the song calls for it. Sometimes use Flame Note.

I don't really understand Pinball. Do you get points just for keeping the ball alive?
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4857748 said:
    I've been sticking with Bandmate pretty frequently. Sometimes use Super Drums or Super Bass if the song calls for it. Sometimes use Flame Note.

I don't really understand Pinball. Do you get points just for keeping the ball alive?

Why not use Bandmate flame notes AND Super Instrument!

Pinball gets you points for the notes it hits.
    edited August 2012
    I feel that Pinball is even more of a gamble than Jackpot. You either get EXTREMELY lucky or you screw up and not only waste purple notes, but you've been ignoring a **** load of tracks.

Runaway seems to be the most safe of the powerups.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857771 said:
    Runaway seems to be the most safe of the powerups.
    Actually the safest would be point doubler.
    edited August 2012
    Ahhhhh, yes. You're right.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4857758 said:
    Pinball gets you points for the notes it hits.

Hmm. I thought the notes would disappear off the screen if that happens. But it didn't seem like it did.
    edited August 2012
    Does ANYBODY use Synchrony? I've never touched it and nobody in the group says they have either :/
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I used Synchrony briefly, before I had super instruments... I feel there's some potential there, but given all the other stuff you have to keep track of in this game, it's hard to incorporate timed track switching as well. A nice passive bonus to points is much easier to handle...

Now, I have a question. One of the hints screens says that pinball and shockwave go well together. Does anyone have any idea why? I thought using the shockwave might bounce the pinball back, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is it just because they're both power-ups that work well in areas with lots of dense notes? In retrospect, that's probably what they mean...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
    I tried, but I didn't really understand what it does.

My favourite combo is Jackpot/Flame Notes/Super Instrument. High risk play all up in here. Sometimes, I'll jump down to point doubler, though.
    edited August 2012
    Wait, do I have you on XBL?!? I don't see you on my friend leaderboards.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited August 2012
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Skippy Deluxe;4857947 said:
    Is it just because they're both power-ups that work well in areas with lots of dense notes?

Yep, I imagine that's exactly why they're suggested to be used together.

And like others, I don't use Synchrony. It doesn't play well with chasing OD notes or with 75% of the Note Power-ups that have you chasing them around to get lots of points. Synchrony seems like the most challenging power-up to use in the game effectively, and I don't think I have the discipline to try to maximize its potential in-game in conjunction with other power-ups.
    edited August 2012
    fun thing for those that do use Synchrony, you can already get the lane switch bonus points before and after the song
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4857914 said:
    Hmm. I thought the notes would disappear off the screen if that happens. But it didn't seem like it did.

Pinball does not get rid of the notes like Bomb Notes does. So you can actually get double the points of a set of notes.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857916 said:
    Does ANYBODY use Synchrony? I've never touched it and nobody in the group says they have either :/
    I've been experimenting with Synchrony lately and am always surprised by how many points it awards me at the end of a song. I imagine it would go crazy well with Jackpot, but I'm not an advanced enough player to pull it off successfully.