Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread, Blitz Edition!

jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
edited March 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
what the title says. noticed any bugs or glitches? maybe (in the case of an update or Blitz 2) request some features or improvements? list m here!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    My biggest request is gifting coins. Please. This would help the social aspects of the game by tenfold.

Other requests are for more sorting options and to add filters and lighters.

As for minor bugs, I experienced 2 songs that showed drums for all of the instrument multipliers, but vocals (I don't remember what songs, but they were 2 pop rock songs). I mentioned @RockBand in a tweet with a picture.

Lastly, on the score display on Swing Swing, it didn't show any of my points that I got with my powerups, solo, etc. I still got the points, but it just didn't show.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    so after just confirming that solos longer than 2 minutes don't show up in the game, i also noticed that if that same song has a solo shorter than 2 minutes in it that it wont show up as well, kinda lame.
  • russianbear28russianbear28 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Difficulty. The game is way too easy to play. There's only so much you can do with two notes. Besides, when I played Amplitude, it came naturally to me to play with three buttons.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    russianbear28;4857090 said:
    Difficulty. The game is way too easy to play. There's only so much you can do with two notes. Besides, when I played Amplitude, it came naturally to me to play with three buttons.

Theres not anything they can do now. I dont think its too easy.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012

There are two parts to this game: the fundamental inputs (two-buttons) and everything else (power-ups/Blitz mode/track switching). When you combine the two, you have gameplay that is way more frenetic than anything in FreQuency/Amplitude.

My biggest concern about Blitz before playing it was having two buttons vs three. After playing Blitz for probably a good 20 hours or so, I actually can't imagine how insane it would be with three buttons. Two buttons is plenty to keep track of when you're also focused on seeing note power-ups and OD phrases ahead of time. Your attention is always going to be divided between what you're playing and what's coming up if you're going for a high score in Blitz.

(And if you find it too easy to play, you should have no trouble topping the leaderboard for every song. Good luck!)
    edited August 2012
    I actually think this game is quite difficult. And when accounting for the target audience, I can see it as unbearably challenging.
  • russianbear28russianbear28 Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Obviously it will be hard for the typical Rock Band player, but I mean what will it be like for the veterans. You know, the people that have been molesting the leaderboards since '07?
    edited August 2012
    I don't think that targeting difficulty to those who have been topping leaderboads is in anybody's best interest.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012

Not sure if serious.....I have over 90 percent of my library gold-starred in RB3 on my preferred instrument, yet after a couple of days of Blitzing I haven't gold-starred even a single song. I'm not gonna say it's too hard, because, WTH, I've been playing for two days, but it sure isn't loleasy either. And yes, I'm using powerups.

One sorta bizarre thing I noticed was on the song "Indestructible" by Disturbed, there's a checkpoint before you actually have any notes. That long intro with the siren and the gunfire, the game apparently thinks that's a playable portion of the song, so you get "Oh, you failed, you suck" screen to the left where your multipliers are...before you even have any notes. It's not gamebreaking or anything, but it's very strange. Has anyone played 2112 (not Overture/Temples of Syrinx, the whole magilla)? Is it the same for the spacey intro on that song?
    edited August 2012
    russianbear28;4857429 said:
    Obviously it will be hard for the typical Rock Band player, but I mean what will it be like for the veterans. You know, the people that have been molesting the leaderboards since '07?

Cipher's right -- this game is meant to be 'casual' and arcadey. That's not a flaw.
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4857463 said:
    Cipher's right -- this game is meant to be 'casual' and arcadey. That's not a flaw.

Also the people that are "molesting" the leaderboards arent doing so with a xbox controller. Its a different learning curve completely.
    edited August 2012
    I actually think this game's difficulty is its biggest flaw.
    It feels a shade bit contradictory to the audience it goes for.

I'll share more of it when I post my thoughts of Rock Band Blitz on my blog ;D
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Just a quick cosmetic bug report... the song results screen is a bit wonky in a couple ways. First of all, the 'finale' bonus doesn't seem to reset to 0 between songs. What I mean is, instead of ticking up from 0 like the rest, it will briefly show the finale bonus you got on the last song, before being replaced with the bonus from the just completed song. The other score values seem fine.

Also, if you skip a results screen with A and then go back to it with B, it will remain 'frozen' in the state it was when you skipped it, i.e. some of your scores will still be at 0 because they hadn't yet 'ticked up' to their correct value. Again, this is only cosmetic, but I thought I should mention it... getting a code early makes me feel like I should try to 'give something back', as it were...
    edited August 2012
    I would also like to request customizable Score Wars.
    Being able to restrict tries and powerups, while customizing (within reason) the time limit and coinage won. Perhaps to balance the coins, there's X amount of coins that can be won and they can customize the amount the winner gets and the amount the loser gets?
    Oh and bets would be lovely, too.

And Score War playlists would be great, but I think first playlists would need to be an option :/
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857744 said:
    I actually think this game's difficulty is its biggest flaw.
    It feels a shade bit contradictory to the audience it goes for.

Really? I think it's very easy to get into, but difficult to master. I don't think it's any different from instrument Rock Band titles in that respect. But I don't want to go too off-topic with this in this thread, so I'll just leave it at that.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857804 said:
    I would also like to request customizable Score Wars.
    Being able to restrict tries and powerups, while customizing (within reason) the time limit and coinage won. Perhaps to balance the coins, there's X amount of coins that can be won and they can customize the amount the winner gets and the amount the loser gets?
    Oh and bets would be lovely, too.

And Score War playlists would be great, but I think first playlists would need to be an option :/

I think customizing the score wars would be great. No power-ups, only certain power up etc. Also I would like the be able to make score wars with my xbox friends list, outside of the recommend screen.
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4857858 said:
    I think customizing the score wars would be great. No power-ups, only certain power up etc. Also I would like the be able to make score wars with my xbox friends list, outside of the recommend screen.
    Oh and with PS3ers would be lovely.

And yeah, no powerup Score Wars is what I'm talking about.

The gifting coins thing is I want to gift coins to the first person who can prove that you can five star a song without any powers.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857865 said:

The gifting coins thing is I want to gift coins to the first person who can prove that you can five star a song without any powers.

already done that
    edited August 2012
    Too late, Magnet got to it first.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4858349 said:
    Too late, Magnet got to it first.

you mean magnet told you first >_>
    edited August 2012
    And provided photographic evidence :3
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4858357 said:
    And provided photographic evidence :3

want me to do it again? already did it on 4 songs
    edited August 2012
    No, I'm just saying he did it and showed proof.
    edited August 2012
    How long after Blitz comes out will Headache complain about the thing that flashes when you dont get the multiplier high enough? Ill say 2 days
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4858435 said:
    How long after Blitz comes out will Headache complain about the thing that flashes when you dont get the multiplier high enough? Ill say 2 days

i was more thinking that he was gonna complain at how the cars at the side of the highway have the wrong color!
    edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4858662 said:
    i was more thinking that he was gonna complain at how the cars at the side of the highway have the wrong color!

Gamebreaking. Soulcrushing.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Some sort of offline mode where you can actually progress,use power-ups and get stuff.
    edited August 2012
    maybe like a cheat that gives you unlimited coins but no leaderboard scores?
    edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4858715 said:
    maybe like a cheat that gives you unlimited coins but no leaderboard scores?

What good would that do?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4858716 said:
    What good would that do?

Let those of use who could not care less about leaderboard scores play with different power-ups for the sheer fun of playing the game with them.

Perhaps.