Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread, Blitz Edition!

jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
edited March 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
what the title says. noticed any bugs or glitches? maybe (in the case of an update or Blitz 2) request some features or improvements? list m here!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4857858 said:
    I think customizing the score wars would be great. No power-ups, only certain power up etc. Also I would like the be able to make score wars with my xbox friends list, outside of the recommend screen.
    Oh and with PS3ers would be lovely.

And yeah, no powerup Score Wars is what I'm talking about.

The gifting coins thing is I want to gift coins to the first person who can prove that you can five star a song without any powers.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4857865 said:

The gifting coins thing is I want to gift coins to the first person who can prove that you can five star a song without any powers.

already done that
    edited August 2012
    Too late, Magnet got to it first.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4858349 said:
    Too late, Magnet got to it first.

you mean magnet told you first >_>
    edited August 2012
    And provided photographic evidence :3
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4858357 said:
    And provided photographic evidence :3

want me to do it again? already did it on 4 songs
    edited August 2012
    No, I'm just saying he did it and showed proof.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    How long after Blitz comes out will Headache complain about the thing that flashes when you dont get the multiplier high enough? Ill say 2 days
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4858435 said:
    How long after Blitz comes out will Headache complain about the thing that flashes when you dont get the multiplier high enough? Ill say 2 days

i was more thinking that he was gonna complain at how the cars at the side of the highway have the wrong color!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4858662 said:
    i was more thinking that he was gonna complain at how the cars at the side of the highway have the wrong color!

Gamebreaking. Soulcrushing.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Some sort of offline mode where you can actually progress,use power-ups and get stuff.
    edited August 2012
    maybe like a cheat that gives you unlimited coins but no leaderboard scores?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4858715 said:

What good would that do?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4858716 said:
    What good would that do?

Let those of use who could not care less about leaderboard scores play with different power-ups for the sheer fun of playing the game with them.

Perhaps.
    edited August 2012
    www1221;4858716 said:
    What good would that do?
    Lord_Mhoram;4858985 said:
    Let those of use who could not care less about leaderboard scores play with different power-ups for the sheer fun of playing the game with them.

Perhaps.

^that

and people that don't have online access would be able to use coins as well that way (and the no leaderboard thing wouldn't matter at all for them)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    How are people without online access playing the game at all, though?
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4859680 said:

some people can't or don't want to be online all the time.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4859680 said:

....well, I guess they aren't since they have to have online access to download the game in the first place...
  • edited August 2012
    jibjqrkl;4858715 said:

What about a cheat that gives you leaderboard scores but no coins?
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4859733 said:
    What about a cheat that gives you leaderboard scores but no coins?
    How many coins do you want for that one?
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Would need a Blitz cred cheat to go with it so you can unlock all the powerups. Can't even 5 star songs without them apparently. In a single player console game. Someone comes up with this stuff then someone approves it. I still don't understand how such things happen. Someone at some point needs to say something. I assume it was the same people that took away arena select and tied unlockables to instruments in RB 3. :p

Watching the video on Giantbomb I'd also suggest freely mappable controls. It doesn't look like you can set it to X and B or X and A,only A and B.
    edited August 2012
    You'll get all of the powerups in like 20 minutes and then wonder why they had to be locked in the first place.
  • HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2012
    russianbear28;4857090 said:
    Difficulty. The game is way too easy to play. There's only so much you can do with two notes. Besides, when I played Amplitude, it came naturally to me to play with three buttons.

We playtested three notes per track, and it was cut. Having to deal with too many notes on top of all the various mechanics like track leveling, multipliers, streaking, overdrive, and powerup combos, was overwhelming to testers.
    edited August 2012
    For some reason I'm kind of, but not really linked to Facebook. I can play Score Wars no problem, but my messages keep telling me to link with FB and on Rock Band World Link, I'm given a code to link...

I really want to see my shopping cart :I
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I would like to request that at the very least the facebook app be integrated into a game interface like the goals menu in RB3 and at the very most remove the requirement for having facebook. Facebook integration makes RBB sound like it's a cheap iPhone app.
    edited August 2012
    Having Facebook isn't a requirement, it's a recommendation. You can still be competitive without Facebook.

And trust me, it's not anything like a cheap iPhone app. It adds tons of value. I'm really happy about the FB app since it actually got me to be better friends with the people I was already acquainted with in these forums.
  • spark32spark32 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Here's a bug. You can't download the soundtrack unless you load up Rock Band Blitz on the account you purchased it on.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4860047 said:
    Having Facebook isn't a requirement, it's a recommendation. You can still be competitive without Facebook.

And trust me, it's not anything like a cheap iPhone app. It adds tons of value. I'm really happy about the FB app since it actually got me to be better friends with the people I was already acquainted with in these forums.

I'll still do it when the xbox version comes out tomorrow. However, there is nothing I've seen on the RBWorld app that can't be converted into a console interface that doesn't require facebook or social media. Grand Theft Auto has been tracking many many stats since the PS2, Bungie had their stats on their own website, RB3 already had battles you could send to friends by console or by this website. Facebook was unnecessary and a deliberate free advertising move.
    edited August 2012
    Even assuming you know the inner workings of the code for this game and completely ignoring this game's budget (you know, because 15 dollar arcade games totally receive the same amount of money that full blown multi million dollar titles like GTA does), I would ask if there's anything wrong with the Facebook integration.

Are there things that seem redundant or strange? Of course. There's no denying that. Sending Score Wars is possible through the game, but it's not really fluid, and you can't send Score Wars from people in the leaderboards. That totally does suck. But having Facebook as a social tool in order to promote the game is a fantastic approach to the game's ambitions and target audience. I'm glad that they went with this approach and the game is incredible with it. Is it still amazing without it? Yes. Harmonix can be generally trusted with solid titles. But I'm happy that it's in the game, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be a part of a fantastic FB group dedicated to this game.
  • edited August 2012
    agentnnc;4860056 said:
    I'll still do it when the xbox version comes out tomorrow. However, there is nothing I've seen on the RBWorld app that can't be converted into a console interface that doesn't require facebook or social media. Grand Theft Auto has been tracking many many stats since the PS2, Bungie had their stats on their own website, RB3 already had battles you could send to friends by console or by this website. Facebook was unnecessary and a deliberate free advertising move.
    GTA, Bungie titles and RB3 were all multimillion dollar disc releases, not XBLA downloadable titles. There are a great many things achievable on disc titles that simply aren't an option with the more limited size and scope of an arcade title. Much of what RB World accomplishes could not have been shoehorned into the game and likely would not have been part of Blitz if we didn't build a companion app to support it.

As for why we chose Facebook for RB World over doing something similar on this site... we already did that and it was called Rock Band 3 and it was heavily under used. People were put off by linking with the site, Battle creation and difficulty matchmaking. So we turned to Facebook as a platform that eliminated those complaints. Linking is easier on Facebook, Score War creation is even quicker and instead of tapping into a community of ~500K on this site we're able to reach a community of ~3 million on our FB page.

Also, as far as an advertising move, the Blitz ads currently running on our Facebook page are the only advertising we've ever done there. So unless our plan was to get you to buy Blitz so you would go to Facebook where we tell you to buy Blitz, no this isn't just about advertising.