Request a Feature, Bug Report and Suggestion Thread, Blitz Edition!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited August 2012
    For some reason I'm kind of, but not really linked to Facebook. I can play Score Wars no problem, but my messages keep telling me to link with FB and on Rock Band World Link, I'm given a code to link...

I really want to see my shopping cart :I
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I would like to request that at the very least the facebook app be integrated into a game interface like the goals menu in RB3 and at the very most remove the requirement for having facebook. Facebook integration makes RBB sound like it's a cheap iPhone app.
    edited August 2012
    Having Facebook isn't a requirement, it's a recommendation. You can still be competitive without Facebook.

And trust me, it's not anything like a cheap iPhone app. It adds tons of value. I'm really happy about the FB app since it actually got me to be better friends with the people I was already acquainted with in these forums.
  • spark32spark32 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Here's a bug. You can't download the soundtrack unless you load up Rock Band Blitz on the account you purchased it on.
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4860047 said:
    Having Facebook isn't a requirement, it's a recommendation. You can still be competitive without Facebook.

And trust me, it's not anything like a cheap iPhone app. It adds tons of value. I'm really happy about the FB app since it actually got me to be better friends with the people I was already acquainted with in these forums.

I'll still do it when the xbox version comes out tomorrow. However, there is nothing I've seen on the RBWorld app that can't be converted into a console interface that doesn't require facebook or social media. Grand Theft Auto has been tracking many many stats since the PS2, Bungie had their stats on their own website, RB3 already had battles you could send to friends by console or by this website. Facebook was unnecessary and a deliberate free advertising move.
    edited August 2012
    Even assuming you know the inner workings of the code for this game and completely ignoring this game's budget (you know, because 15 dollar arcade games totally receive the same amount of money that full blown multi million dollar titles like GTA does), I would ask if there's anything wrong with the Facebook integration.

Are there things that seem redundant or strange? Of course. There's no denying that. Sending Score Wars is possible through the game, but it's not really fluid, and you can't send Score Wars from people in the leaderboards. That totally does suck. But having Facebook as a social tool in order to promote the game is a fantastic approach to the game's ambitions and target audience. I'm glad that they went with this approach and the game is incredible with it. Is it still amazing without it? Yes. Harmonix can be generally trusted with solid titles. But I'm happy that it's in the game, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be a part of a fantastic FB group dedicated to this game.
  • edited August 2012
    agentnnc;4860056 said:
    I'll still do it when the xbox version comes out tomorrow. However, there is nothing I've seen on the RBWorld app that can't be converted into a console interface that doesn't require facebook or social media. Grand Theft Auto has been tracking many many stats since the PS2, Bungie had their stats on their own website, RB3 already had battles you could send to friends by console or by this website. Facebook was unnecessary and a deliberate free advertising move.
    GTA, Bungie titles and RB3 were all multimillion dollar disc releases, not XBLA downloadable titles. There are a great many things achievable on disc titles that simply aren't an option with the more limited size and scope of an arcade title. Much of what RB World accomplishes could not have been shoehorned into the game and likely would not have been part of Blitz if we didn't build a companion app to support it.

As for why we chose Facebook for RB World over doing something similar on this site... we already did that and it was called Rock Band 3 and it was heavily under used. People were put off by linking with the site, Battle creation and difficulty matchmaking. So we turned to Facebook as a platform that eliminated those complaints. Linking is easier on Facebook, Score War creation is even quicker and instead of tapping into a community of ~500K on this site we're able to reach a community of ~3 million on our FB page.

Also, as far as an advertising move, the Blitz ads currently running on our Facebook page are the only advertising we've ever done there. So unless our plan was to get you to buy Blitz so you would go to Facebook where we tell you to buy Blitz, no this isn't just about advertising.
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860101 said:
    GTA, Bungie titles and RB3 were all multimillion dollar disc releases, not XBLA downloadable titles. There are a great many things achievable on disc titles that simply aren't an option with the more limited size and scope of an arcade title. Much of what RB World accomplishes could not have been shoehorned into the game and likely would not have been part of Blitz if we didn't build a companion app to support it.

As for why we chose Facebook for RB World over doing something similar on this site... we already did that and it was called Rock Band 3 and it was heavily under used. People were put off by linking with the site, Battle creation and difficulty matchmaking. So we turned to Facebook as a platform that eliminated those complaints. Linking is easier on Facebook, Score War creation is even quicker and instead of tapping into a community of ~500K on this site we're able to reach a community of ~3 million on our FB page.

Also, as far as an advertising move, the Blitz ads currently running on our Facebook page are the only advertising we've ever done there. So unless our plan was to get you to buy Blitz so you would go to Facebook where we tell you to buy Blitz, no this isn't just about advertising.

Fair enough. I didn't think that was the status of the online interface. I thought it was very intuitive and well made. What I had meant by advertising was the potential for the many wall posts saying "You have received/sent a new rock band blitz challenge" or "You have new rock band blitz challenges/goals" which could be plastered all over the walls of those who play often. This would lead to all visitors seeing the post and knowing about the game, causing them to check it out. While it may not be the case for the Rock Band World app, facebook apps in general have bad reputations of doing this, especially those relating to gaming. You guys were with EA and didn't bend your customers over for money and publicity, why start now? I'm sure the right choices were made. I'm just expressing my concern over my general dislike for feeding as much information to facebook as humanly possible.

As for the Rock Band Facebook page, I would be surprised if you didn't change it to get blitz maximum exposure. Rock Band Blitz is indeed a part of the Rock Band franchise so it deserves the spotlight for a while. I don't check pages on facebook often but I always thought it was the norm to make a page the sole focus of a new product for a few weeks before reverting to a page that shows more or less everything (although I really like the artwork on the page right now).

Also, thanks for replying. I think it's great that Harmonix takes the time to address community concerns. There are very few developers (if any) that consistently release great games that keep ties with the community.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2012
    I have a big ass bug bruther. I bought the game and downloaded it but it's not showing up on my playstation bruther???
  • edited August 2012
    agentnnc;4860287 said:
    What I had meant by advertising was the potential for the many wall posts saying "You have received/sent a new rock band blitz challenge" or "You have new rock band blitz challenges/goals" which could be plastered all over the walls of those who play often. This would lead to all visitors seeing the post and knowing about the game, causing them to check it out. While it may not be the case for the Rock Band World app, facebook apps in general have bad reputations of doing this, especially those relating to gaming.
    That's totally fair. We actually went out of our way to make sure that RB World never posts anything unless you tell it to. If you complete a Goal and want to post it you can, if you want to brag that you beat your friend in a Score War you can click the handy Brag button we built next to it or you can continue to snipe away at the leaderboards without ever saying a word.

Some people will want to stay off the radar and others, as we've already seen just in the closed Beta, will want to post trash talk and brag and join friends in finishing Goals and Facebook has all the social hooks you could ever want to make that easy, easier than any site plug in we could create. It's as much or as little as you want it to be.
    agentnnc;4860287 said:
    I'm sure the right choices were made. I'm just expressing my concern over my general dislike for feeding as much information to facebook as humanly possible.
    I completely understand. I have avoided Facebook like the plague and only just created an account this weekend... and I did it for RB World. I have my own privacy and posting concerns, so hopefully if I felt comfortable enough to jump into the pool then that speaks to my level of faith in RB World.
    agentnnc;4860287 said:
    Also, thanks for replying. I think it's great that Harmonix takes the time to address community concerns. There are very few developers (if any) that consistently release great games that keep ties with the community.

You're more than welcome! We try to respond to as much as we possibly can. We are always welcome to constructive criticism and none of the concerns you've voiced are any different than the concerns we've shared during the course of development. If we can help shed some light on the development process and help folks understand why X does Y then that will only make the community more informed and stronger.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860101 said:
    As for why we chose Facebook for RB World over doing something similar on this site... we already did that and it was called Rock Band 3 and it was heavily under used. People were put off by linking with the site, Battle creation and difficulty matchmaking.
    Sadface :( Because I loved all of that.
    hmxhenry;4860101 said:
    So we turned to Facebook as a platform that eliminated those complaints. Linking is easier on Facebook, Score War creation is even quicker and instead of tapping into a community of ~500K on this site we're able to reach a community of ~3 million on our FB page.
    Grr......the more we're linked together, the more isolated we really are. That's why I disdain social networks. And I know it firsthand. I was sucked into that vortex myself for a few years.

I mean, I guess I understand it from a business point of view, but it still sucks.

Facebook is basically the Wal-Mart you can never get away from. Everything starts and ends there, whether anyone likes it or not. Le sigh....fact of life.
    edited August 2012
    agentnnc;4860287 said:
    Also, thanks for replying. I think it's great that Harmonix takes the time to address community concerns.
    Seconded! It keeps me coming back when there might not be anything else that does.
    agentnnc;4860287 said:
    There are very few developers (if any) that consistently release great games that keep ties with the community.

Valve maybe?
  • edited August 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4860317 said:
    Grr......the more we're linked together, the more isolated we really are. That's why I disdain social networks. And I know it firsthand. I was sucked into that vortex myself for a few years.

psssst Forums are social networks too!

I get what you mean, really I do, but I think this is something the majority of people will be fine with. We get to reach a bigger audience, the community has more people to Score War with or team up with on Goals, Facebook has built in tools to help and everyone gets a richer experience. Blitz is, of course, still more than playable without RB World and we had playtesters, PAX East and E3 attendees, press and early code folks going bonkers over the game months before we even announced RB World.

RB World is meant to be a companion piece, an additional layer if you want it. If you don't want it then you can still play all the songs, post high scores, get all the coins, get all the cred and unlock all the achievements without it. It's very much like the forums in a lot of ways, providing that additional layer to the RB experience for the people interested in getting more out of it.
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860326 said:

And I've tried to walk away from here a few times too. It's never worked for more than a few weeks :|
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2012
    If privacy is a concern, just create an account, make up all the required information (I think you only need a name and an actual email), and hope that nobody named Dick Hertz will fall victim to identity theft.
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860326 said:

It seems that the term social networking site means "site that has a decent idea of who I am in real life". You don't have my name, photograph and where I currently work (many employers in my area want this to be displayed before you get a job). Harmonix also doesn't have any information other than email addresses, gamertags and rock band stats that could be sold. So there's no major breach of privacy.
  • jbshredmanjbshredman Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    hmxhenry;4860326 said:
    psssst forums are social networks too!

exactly.
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4860364 said:
    If privacy is a concern, just create an account, make up all the required information (I think you only need a name and an actual email), and hope that nobody named Dick Hertz will fall victim to identity theft.

"Uh, is there a Hugh Jass here? Hugh Jass!"

"I'm Hugh Jass."

"Telephone for you."
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    So, uh, others playing the PS3 version... are the Coin/Cred screens and Powerup Unlocked screens looking right to you?

I see from youtube videos from early Xboxers that after a song the screens show as:
    Score -> Coin/Cred -> (Powerup Unlocked if earned) -> Cred-by-instrument-and-genre -> Leaderboards

Well, for me, the second and third of those screens is graphically screwed. Just unreadable squished and slanted graphics in between the properly-displayed Score screen and the properly-displayed cred-by-instrument screen.

Am I the only one?
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4859885 said:
    You'll get all of the powerups in like 20 minutes and then wonder why they had to be locked in the first place.

Well no I wouldn't get anything because I wouldn't be online. That was the point of the suggestions. I'd very much like to have the game but as is this won't work and I managed to miss all the contests. :D
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me? Or can you not submit a score war on Rock Band World yet? It lets me select everything, but there's no way to submit it.
    Cipher_Peon;4859885 said:
    You'll get all of the powerups in like 20 minutes and then wonder why they had to be locked in the first place.
    2 hours later, I still haven't gotten the second track powerup unlocked. I can't get 5 stars on anything either (got really close on 1 song, a few hundred short). I was earning 60 cred per song on a few songs, then it dropped down to 40.
    edited August 2012
    spark32;4860052 said:
    Here's a bug. You can't download the soundtrack unless you load up Rock Band Blitz on the account you purchased it on.
    Why is that a bug? That's called "Copy Protect"
    edited August 2012
    thatmarkguy;4860701 said:
    So, uh, others playing the PS3 version... are the Coin/Cred screens and Powerup Unlocked screens looking right to you?

I see from youtube videos from early Xboxers that after a song the screens show as:
    Score -> Coin/Cred -> (Powerup Unlocked if earned) -> Cred-by-instrument-and-genre -> Leaderboards

Well, for me, the second and third of those screens is graphically screwed. Just unreadable squished and slanted graphics in between the properly-displayed Score screen and the properly-displayed cred-by-instrument screen.

Am I the only one?
    Everything was fine for me.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Bront20;4860795 said:
    Everything was fine for me.

Everything looks normal for me as well. Can you get a picture of the screens, thatmarkguy? Does it happen for every song? Does exiting/re-entering the game fix it - and if not, have you tried re-downloading it?
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, a re-download of the main game might be a good idea.
  • Alpha2Alpha2 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Is anyone with the PS3 version and without a 5.1 sound system noticing a problem with audio?

In the past I've noticed that since I only have a stereo TV that audio tends to be really low and hard to hear unless a game has a selection in the option screen to output as simply stereo or "living room" as opposed to "home theater". With this game I notice it's similarly difficult to hear and I started to think it was the 5.1 problem again, but I find no option to switch the game to regular stereo and on top of that the song previews are WAY louder and easy to hear without cranking up the volume on my TV.

I usually play the majority of my games at volume 20, this game has to be pushed passed 25 for it to just barely sound like a normal game! In the audio settings of my PS3 I've unchecked every 5.1 output option, I've already pushed the in game volume to the max, tried using headphones connected to the TV audio out and the gameplay audio still comes out weak and labored. With the track enhancement option turned on I can obviously hear the track I'm playing a little better but even the tracks I'm playing should be louder without turning up my TV to dangerous levels.

Is anyone experiencing this? and if so is it possible to get an option added in a patch for simple stereo?
    edited August 2012
    Alpha2;4860849 said:
    Is anyone with the PS3 version and without a 5.1 sound system noticing a problem with audio?
    I've had no issues at all, and I use just plain stereo cables (not HDMI).
  • lazyhoboguylazyhoboguy Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I'd like to request a patch to allow the offline mode of the game to let you be able to earn coins, blitz cred, and earn and use powerups. Currently in offline mode powerups are not allowed and that is pretty terrible. Means when the servers for the game are temporarily down and down permanently in a few years the game will basically cease to function as it really was meant to. The game is meant to be played with powerups equipped in each slot, and since you cannot use any in offline mode, you will never come close to the scores you could while playing online with powerups and the game is pretty much broken while you are in offline mode. More discussion about this problem is here:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231307&page=1

I was really looking forward to this game, as I greatly enjoy controller only rhythm games like Amplitude and Frequency. I am really disappointed now that Rock Band Blitz basically is a long term rental with this problem, since the singleplayer of the game self-destructs once the online servers cannot be connected to. A simple patch to allow the game to actually function fully in offline mode would be nice please. The gameplay is actually fun and I like the game, so this problem upsets me even more.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    Magnet;4860798 said:
    Everything looks normal for me as well. Can you get a picture of the screens, thatmarkguy? Does it happen for every song? Does exiting/re-entering the game fix it - and if not, have you tried re-downloading it?

I set about trying to reproduce this morning (after having exitted/reentered the game - I've also done the facebook linkage-via-email-activation in the interim if that makes a difference) and it's not happening anymore.

In my session last night it was happening for every song. Well, the Coin/cred screen was glitching out on every song - the New Powerup Unlocked screen was glitching out every time it was shown (which wasn't every song per se).

Problem seems behind me now - coin/cred screen and powerup unlocked screens are displaying fine this morning. If it recurs I will take photos. I didn't prioritize photo-taking last night because I figured it would be reproducible-demonstrable at any time... oops.
    edited August 2012
    Can we get an "All Songs" drop down for the Blitz leaderboards in the Rock Band World app?